THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
20200905_015239.jpg

I need to find 20 seconds! I am going to be taking notes on that video!

OK, I've had a good study of Tinkerbell's video. Without sounding too "sour grapey", he's not doing a lot that I'm not doing, and some of it a lot messier! I just cant see any obvious places where the time is coming from. AND I NEED 20 SECONDS!!!!! So the only thing I can think of is this weird "130 mile" improvement in handling that kicks in.

1. Does this really happen?
2. What exactly happens?
3. Does it all happen at 130 miles or does it build up beyond that?
4. Why is my odometer stuck at 15 miles and not increasing no matter how many times I do the damned TT on the ring?
5. I've crashed a few times, could my 512 be bent and require body rigidity?
6. Is that allowed?

NO-TUNE
I started the challenge with times of 1:52 - 1:53 as you can see on the ranking board and thought what the 🤬 how am I so slow? :banghead: So I started questioning myself, have I lost touch? Have I lost my mojo?
Then I looked at the driving aids and noticed that ASM was on :banghead:. I turned it off and I was it the mix straight away :).
IMAG0421.jpg
IMAG0422.jpg

After that I was feeling pretty good about myself so I decided to take on FERRARI'S NUBURGRING CHALLENGE.
After about 10 restarts I turned off the ps3 and cried in the corner.:grumpy:

OK, I've had a good study of Tinkerbell's video. Without sounding too "sour grapey", he's not doing a lot that I'm not doing, and some of it a lot messier! I just cant see any obvious places where the time is coming from. AND I NEED 20 SECONDS!!!!! So the only thing I can think of is this weird "130 mile" improvement in handling that kicks in.

1. Does this really happen?
2. What exactly happens?
3. Does it all happen at 130 miles or does it build up beyond that?
4. Why is my odometer stuck at 15 miles and not increasing no matter how many times I do the damned TT on the ring?
5. I've crashed a few times, could my 512 be bent and require body rigidity?
6. Is that allowed?
Where you think that your doing the same as davor your not he's very skilled at the ring and especially twichy cars is his specialty his driving May look realaxed and smooth there's still a lot happening that the eye can't see abveusly the only thing I can say is don't hunt gold hunt your ghost lap bye lap don't annoyed or frustrated it's not called the green hell for nothing and the farrari 512 is more like a rodeo horse than a pet so takes a lot of laps just to understand each corner when driven at different speeds:crazy:

"Where you think that your doing the same as davor your not he's very skilled at the ring and especially twichy cars is his specialty his driving May look realaxed and smooth there's still a lot happening that the eye can't see"

I really didn't want what I said to come across as critical, OBV's its a very fast lap, and it prob looks messy in places because, well, he's closer to the limits than me. - It's not like it's just him - others are lapping 20 secs faster than me - inc. you I think (just checked... >20s... great).

But I still don't know if something happens after 130 miles. - I did 90 tonight so I guess I'll find out tomorrow..

I think I need to do some section timing to find out where all that time is going.

20 secs man! - it may as well be a year!!!!

Last edited:
NO-TUNE
I started the challenge with times of 1:52 - 1:53 as you can see on the ranking board and thought what the 🤬 how am I so slow? :banghead: So I started questioning myself, have I lost touch? Have I lost my mojo?
Then I looked at the driving aids and noticed that ASM was on :banghead:. I turned it off and I was it the mix straight away :).
View attachment 955586 View attachment 955587

After that I was feeling pretty good about myself so I decided to take on FERRARI'S NUBURGRING CHALLENGE.
After about 10 restarts I turned off the ps3 and cried in the corner.:grumpy:

I also use the " corner" :lol:
Don't know whats wrong with this car , even on -2 steering senc. you're not able to correct the line when starts sliding and in many cases becomes worst .
I just give up , even with aids on i don't think it will be different .

Thanks Paddy :cheers:

@slybynight I wouldn't be worried about what happens with car after certain amount of miles because I sold my 512 by accident and did faster with the new one, I just crashed at last corner because wanted to beat Paddy's time and was very close so I went little bit to late on the brakes.
:lol: Your not the only one trying to beat my lap am trying also did a lap this morning of 7:36.721 and am crashing at every corner cos am pushing faster trying to gain more time lets just say anay lap near and under 7:40 is very fast if your struggling and need some help you can also up the abs this should help more control I just keep min on stock.

After that i went at Goodwood and realise that was way hard to catch my old record .
Am damn sure that was there from a previous challenge that i don't remember ,perhaps @RMan72 remember when but i don't.
View attachment 955259
@smoothbore12 We did this one in the GT6 Home Hub

GOODWOOD HILLCLIMB TROPHY - STRATOS '73
Whoosier Rule Off. Event designed by photonrider. Winner gets to pick next Goodwood Hillclimb event.

Venue: SPECIAL EVENTS/Goodwood Festival of Speed: Goodwood Hillclimb 2015 - Mission 4-3
Objective: Fastest Finish.
Vehicle: Lancia Stratos '73 (Provided by Lord March)
Regulations: as per the game's rules

LEADER BOARD
RMan72: 55.605
lfm58: 56.188
smoothbore12: 56.795
@bjl23 why is my handicap 2.500 for this round? I think it should be 2.050 :confused:

Also the guys who run on ring often, do you have some records with tricky cars like Stratos, Rufs etc on stock settings?
Admittedly I haven't done many hours this year, but in December I ran the Miura on hard compound, 8:19.768. Car should go under 8:10 because I haven't done a lot with that one. It's also quite unlike any other car I remember from the game. Link below.

I remember finding some time to try the Stratos and the BTR, but I could not match last year's pace.

Oh man , watching your vid i notice that your move on the steering wheel is like dealing with feather .
Way smooth mate :bowdown:

Yes, very different driving style than mine.. I had splits to go as low as 7.31 before crash but my lap is basically catching the car on the track, revving it as much as possible and flat out as much as possible.. It's nicer to see smooth lap but I like to be aggressive :)
That's why I probably destroy everything in real life too lol

edit.. 1 second every day :lol:

IMG_20200907_123952~2.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoyed Class #39 and am sort of content with how the last race went. Which I can't say for the <15 min. of trying to put the BTR around Nööb, in Free Run. Anyway, at Bathurst - from memory- I got the Ferrari as light as it gets, put sports soft tyres, racing soft suspension, triple plate clutch and a custom transmission to 270 km/h (the final gear's what it is on stock). Along with engine tuning three and all the power parts, except no nitro kit and sports exhaust instead of racing exhaust. That's still naturally aspirated.
This car tend to slide without even have red tyres , just a longer than needed move on the steering ( even on straight ) and find your self enjoying the green area .
Maybe this is why the word "pilot" is sometimes applied: such cars have steering pedals like airplanes. :)

I was very slow at school, recorded my first attempt because didn't know I'll be able to play that much.. also was running on SS, 500pp without wing or aids..
I put like 200 kms on 512BB today, I think I could do around 7.31, maybe we could make 7.29.9 like ongoing long-term leaderboard.. But I admit Im afraid of Paddy and Hugh that they would break it too soon for me :banghead:
After that I went to a gyme so I don't kbow of my hands are more sore from Ferrari past few days or training :boggled:

I was very slow at school, recorded my first attempt because didn't know I'll be able to play that much.. also was running on SS, 500pp without wing or aids..
I put like 200 kms on 512BB today, I think I could do around 7.31, maybe we could make 7.29.9 like ongoing long-term leaderboard.. But I admit Im afraid of Paddy and Hugh that they would break it too soon for me :banghead:
After that I went to a gyme so I don't kbow of my hands are more sore from Ferrari past few days or training :boggled:
Darn and here was me thinking you wanted to throw a few laps down.i went for drive the rain was poring

Grip real

Tyres ch

Rain at race start 100%

Water at race start 100%

Both laps were only one full lap and could get another 2 maybe 3 secs from them:cheers:
image.jpg

20200908_013947.jpg
20200908_013840.jpg

At last. Oil change, rigidity restored and abs on 4. Not a perfect lap, if I nailed every single corner, I reckon I could get it down to mid 40's. You guys talking about going sub 7:30???? Either something is very out of whack with my setup, or you guys are on a whole different level to me. Like seriously not made of the same stuff from the same planet. I would have to take each and every corner .25s quicker. That is never, ever going to happen. All in all a good fun event though... learned loads and enjoyed most of my time doing it.

Right, let me have a look at this poxy Alfa Romeo.....

Last edited:

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe (Chrome Line 1954) a National A Schwarzwald League: Nurburgring-Nordschleife:Race 3. PP 486 for the 300 SL Coup (1954) and PP 560 for the RUF RGT (2000) Total Time 8:25.024. Pass for the win over the RUF at the end of the long straight. Winning Margin 00.594

Is my impression or ...... you really use CS tyres on this vid ?:odd:
Can't see it well but i think are CS .

Back