SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#42

@skeagracing your winners please

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
COURSE 5, HOLE 3

Screenshot_20201026-094818~2.png

------------------

:confused:How did you guys get so fast with pleading the fifth I did a few laps the other day was only getting 1:54.2 everything off cs tyres no oil change
You were only a few 10ths off me, and I have done considerably more than "a few laps". A few hundred more like.
I am reliably informed that "magic fingers" were involved in some of the other times.

I did discover a technique tonight... but was too late to learn it and use it. Basically on some corners, you can turn in really sharp and hard to induce a drift. If you time it right, you can keep the power down while using the drift to both brake into the corner and steer you round it. Gutted I discovered it so late. Esp as I had almost discovered it earlier with the relaxed "zen-like" drifting I described in an earlier post.

Last edited:
Genuine thanks for your sport in the no-tune and invitational guys. I greatly enjoyed picking, playing and watching the events.

My anonymised mates times for the fifth (hopefully they will recognise their nicknames)

T1000 - 1:57.249 (p)
Oily Ding - 1:57 874 (p)
Paddy Power - 1:59.096 (a)
The Bimbler - 2:00.882 (a)
The Accountant 2:06.683 (p)
Geeb 2:10.601 (a)
Blue lights 2:12.49 (a)
EeeeBum 2:12.627 (a)
No "P" 2:15.180 (h)

(p)=paddles
(a)=auto
(h)=h shifter (props to No "P")

@RMan72 if you have a vid of your winning lap, I would love to see it and use it as an educational tool!!

Last edited:
Here is my school run

Deffinetly am pleased with the result since am sure that my front runner mates did their run on more difficult settings than i did.
As for pleading the fifth my usual run was to be on 55s - 54s high and i did many runs to bring it down to 53s.
Most crucial corner was the left uphill on second sector ,many times was up to my ghost and loose it all there .
From what i run so far i had the possibility to gain couple of tenths but didn't try it again .
Sliding a bit , touching almost all the out kerbs was the way to go faster ,but to bring it all together was not in my power and driving skills .
Have a good week guys and hope to enjoy my events .
Its not easy ones but am sure only the hunger to win them , will give you the boost and the motivation to succeed and enjoy them.

PS
Bryce you must change your phone , you upload a 5 minutes vid but the lotus just stands there.

Last edited:
What a ride! The Lancia that is. I didn't expect to spend a half an hour just trying to get through Eau Rouge, or perhaps corners in general.
Maybe I should have put a wing on it, for what good it would have done. Here's what was done:
Apart from NK, all the power parts with a high rpm turbo. With the three steps of weight reduction that got it to 2.11 kg per bhp. :eek:
Also racing brakes, triple plate clutch kit, customisable transmission and
racing hard x 4. Blu Vincennes, but I think that was on the prize car as received.*
Suspension
* height 105 91
* spring rate 4.5 3.87
* dampers 3 2, 2 2
* arb 2 2
* camber zeroes
* toe angle 0 front 0.22 rear
Transmission
* 300 km/h and done (slightly long on purpose)
To be clear, no ballast.

*| I bought a Verde Mela before that for which I have only gotten dirt and snow (rally?) tyres.

Last edited:
Very difficult car the Stratos , its another undrivable car for me in stock settings .
With the proper tuning and aids help can turn things around and keep the slide under control in most cases.
I also start the new round with the school lesson and spend my afternoon tryin to set the car and reload 3 different fields to to see if i can find someone with less traffic .
I bought a new one since my other one has aero on the back and am doing experiments to see what way to go and in contrary with Saint i do use ( os better need) balast on this one too.
I like Spa and was one of tracks that made me winner at the past at school .
At the end there can be only .....three ,hope to be one of them :rolleyes:

@bjl23 deffinetly you need a new phone :D

No tune/71.
7:33.838
--

I got an idea for Your consideration:
Some of the longer tracks do not have a reverse layout. Sierra doesn't even though it's a made up layout.
And there's seldom a time limited challenge. These could perhaps be combined. So take Arcade Time Trial with Circuito de la Sierra or one of the set of long Nürburgring, and turn the car around before the start line. The time limit should be low enough that you can't reach the end with the given car - indicating more than 1 lap would need a video - so perhaps six or seven minutes with Sierra and a sports car. From replay, take the external view and shoot at the given timestamp. Lap timer should be at zero.
Since user made tracks are out, it should be simple to see who got the furthest, and the track map could set apart the ones who aren't really close. Just don't set the AU land speed record boat or the Tank Car as vehicle.
You would restart for each attempt, that is a downside. The game won't give us actual numbers like distance, so the results would be sparse.
Does this seem worth a go?
N.B. I have submitted another batch of events to the organizer @bjl23 , so if somebody makes something out of this, it's likely not me.

Attachments

• notune_results.jpg
    notune_results.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
No tune/71.
7:33.838
--

I got an idea for Your consideration:
Some of the longer tracks do not have a reverse layout. Sierra doesn't even though it's a made up layout.
And there's seldom a time limited challenge. These could perhaps be combined. So take Arcade Time Trial with Circuito de la Sierra or one of the set of long Nürburgring, and turn the car around before the start line. The time limit should be low enough that you can't reach the end with the given car - indicating more than 1 lap would need a video - so perhaps six or seven minutes with Sierra and a sports car. From replay, take the external view and shoot at the given timestamp. Lap timer should be at zero.
Since user made tracks are out, it should be simple to see who got the furthest, and the track map could set apart the ones who aren't really close. Just don't set the AU land speed record boat or the Tank Car as vehicle.
You would restart for each attempt, that is a downside. The game won't give us actual numbers like distance, so the results would be sparse.
Does this seem worth a go?
N.B. I have submitted another batch of events to the organizer @bjl23 , so if somebody makes something out of this, it's likely not me.
So the objective would be, WHO DRVIES THE FURTHEST DISTANCE IN 6 MINUTES WINS?

Lancia Stratos iB International B Midnight Racers: Race 2 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. Pass for the win on Lap 1 over the Mine’s BNR34. F.L. 2:34.724 T.T. 7:48.069. I want to thank Barnabas for his super tune that made it possible to pass for the win on Lap 1. Just so you know you will see slight movement on the steering wheel and when you see that the Lancia was going to spin out.

Last edited:
Tune for Lancia for Win on Lap 1
Max Power 392HP
Brakes 8/10
Sports Soft front rear.
Sus
75/75
5.75/8.50
4/4
4/4
5/5
Camber