THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Spa track seems to be rewarding for me .
Didn't see yet @RMan72 vid but i saw @bjl23 in his channel and i have to admit that he took more risks during his overtaking manoeuvres over the AI and successful of course.
That for i congrats him twice .
Don't know exactly what gave me the win against Bryce ( and Hugh also) but feels nice to hit top spot from time to time ,after all we all now that Hugh's driving is unique and nobody can copy his classy , elegant and unbelievable fast lapping times .
Here is my run

And here is a short one from another view that reveals how everything happens ,clean and fast and very quickly also.
Although if you watch the first vid till the end ,you will find my scary moment that occurred at Eau Rouge at last lap that hopefully didn't cost me nothing more than a short time delay.

Also you can notice the Carbon running with no lights !!!!!!

Congratulations and respect to all participants.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your kind words.
I watch all of your vids ,for Bryce i expressed my opinion earlier ( congratulations x3 mate if you run that only once). As for Hugh ill never be tired to pay my respects to him :bowdown: cause i use his settings but couldn't make it.
Perhaps the small " incident " he had ( a bit of paint from those are called race incidents) cost him a higher place.
@Thematic realy had a hard time from the S2000 and also try hard not to be a sandwich in some spots .
As for me i really try too hard ( not always but the most times) when am running for school.
There's no way to run " once" and when has difficulties i run it at free run or TT mode searching mine and car limits. Not that i try always for a fast time but at least to see where i can go.
I do enough restarts if something occurs or something don't pleases me and sometimes i enjoy the event so much ( Spira ,Ruf are come to my mind now) from a drivers view and feels Full no matter the outcome is.
Some times i get soo pised of ( damn Lotus at La Sarthe ) cause i can't get away from the danger to being hit from the AI but sometimes that turns to be my advantage at the end.
Anyway a new round starts and i have to consult my " fashion " manager for my uniform :lol: and see whats next.

Stay safe and cool guys ,am at the beginning of a 21 days quarantine and deffinetly all of you ..... are MY Big Window for the outside world .

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your kind words.
I watch all of your vids ,for Bryce i expressed my opinion earlier ( congratulations x3 mate if you run that only once). As for Hugh ill never be tired to pay my respects to him :bowdown: cause i use his settings but couldn't make it.
Perhaps the small " incident " he had ( a bit of paint from those are called race incidents) cost him a higher place.
@Thematic realy had a hard time from the S2000 and also try hard not to be a sandwich in some spots .
As for me i really try too hard ( not always but the most times) when am running for school.
There's no way to run " once" and when has difficulties i run it at free run or TT mode searching mine and car limits. Not that i try always for a fast time but at least to see where i can go.
I do enough restarts if something occurs or something don't pleases me and sometimes i enjoy the event so much ( Spira ,Ruf are come to my mind now) from a drivers view and feels Full no matter the outcome is.
Some times i get soo pised of ( damn Lotus at La Sarthe ) cause i can't get away from the danger to being hit from the AI but sometimes that turns to be my advantage at the end.
Anyway a new round starts and i have to consult my " fashion " manager for my uniform :lol: and see whats next.

Stay safe and cool guys ,am at the beginning of a 21 days quarantine and deffinetly all of you ..... are MY Big Window for the outside world .
Well said good buddy:cheers:

Latest news from ..... preparations :rolleyes:
My " manager " took care for no tune appearance and the same she will did for all events :banghead:
Since the game allow to paint the car , my fashion manager was a bit busy today.
The result is ...... not pink for sure :lol:
Others will follow one at the time.
Get a quick round at every challenge to get the taste.
Tesla needs very gently throttle at low gears ,sliding a lot but not tragically and still can't figure out what the title means but i hope The Saint to enlight the subject in the short future.
Beatle is way more fun than i thought and at not tune i believe the " reward " will go pair with consistency.

Fashion now :embarrassed:
IMG_20201109_205155.jpg

IMG_20201109_205053.jpg

Damn ,that colour seems good on Sylvia.
Long track ,many laps and plenty time to waist on errors for no tune especially if you leave the tarmac a bit more than needed.
If i can copy laps below 57s or low 57s at the race ill be glad,
Here is a sample of practising after one race that reveals very huge differences on laping times ,3.5 sec from best to slower and am not counting the first one .
@Thematic put as in " trouble " with this one .

No tune entry .
First run after warm up ( 5 laps on free run)
IMG_20201111_184441.jpg

Half hour after
IMG_20201111_190930.jpg

Since cars Infront are at least for two laps ahead of you , sleepstreming advantage can gain valuable hundreds to cover future mistakes and first lap delay.

And some pic from the action ( for my fashion manager :D )
IMG_20201111_191126.jpg

IMG_20201111_191113.jpg

And the " oups" that occurs twice 4th and 5th lap :scared:
IMG_20201111_191501.jpg

What i find helpful was not too late braking and cut as quick is possible to the inside cause the car tends to understeer on the exits and if you caught from the sand ..... bye bye ,aloha etc.
My fashion manager is waiting to put his hand on the beetle :P
My division mates ,i brake the egg first , you're next and have a good night all except " boss" which is about to wake up so for him a good morning is more appropriate .

Hey guys, may be back this weekend, have been swamped with homework (and competitive running!), how's everyone been!
EDIT: Love the colour of that Silvia @smoothbore12

Welcome mate , as for the colour my fashion manager did a good work this time and seems very nice at replay ,
can't say the same for the RSi which painted yesterday ( extreme choice) and am hearing @bjl23 already :lol:
Hope to desing a new event shortly after Bryce turn and Snow White's ( i miss him )
@Thematic the car looks similar but they aren't , plus my driver also wear the appropriate uniform :lol:
I will be a bit busy at work this week and come home late so the only thing ill try is the school lesson and ill give my Sylvia driver some days off ;)
After work ill upload beetle's colour and racing suit to make you jealous and @bjl23 to laugh when he wakes up :lol: ,promise that i won't tell Mary's anything .

T-67 Seconds

aa.jpg

bb.jpg

starman.jpg

The track pictures are not a bona fide hot lapping situation, but are meant to drive a point: if you look at a replay of a lap, you'll probably be able to imagine the floaty feel... that is all.

aa.jpg
1:41.804
Got a surprise with this one. I'm expecting further laps to make no change, or very little.

Attachments

• tmin_session.jpg
    tmin_session.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 4
  • tmin_trk.jpg
    tmin_trk.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 3
I was talking with @bjl23 about this topic during the discussion for Round 65, but I have a cool multi-event invitational that I would like to do.
It would be called Grand Prix Legends, to commemorate the 70th season of F1
Players would join a legendary grand prix team (with the six teams being Vanwall, Ferrari, Lotus, Maserati, McLaren and Mercedes-Benz), with 2 people to a team. There would be a drivers and constructors championship.
Special Rule 1: All events will be scored like so (with both divisions being grouped together):
Fastest overall time = 8 points
2nd fastest = 6
3rd fastest = 4
4th fastest = 3
5th fastest = 2
6th fastest = 1
There is no extra point for fastest lap or Pole Position.
And only your 4 highest points scores will be counted.
For Example:
Race 1: 3rd
Race 2: 1st
Race 3: 5th
Race 4: 6th
Race 5: 2nd
4+8+2+6 = 20 points total
Special Rule 2: Since Div 1 players are racing with Div 2, Div 1 players must run at 90% engine power or add 60 kg ballast (with no adjustment forward or backward), and must show which option they have chosen at each race
Special Rule 3: Since it is 2 weeks per event, the layout will be as follows.
Week 1: Practice and Qualifying
Week 2: Race (max 2 uploaded attempts)
Special Rule 4: Qualifying will consist of a 3 lap run (which must be documented), of which the fastest two laps will be averaged, giving you your grid spot at the end of the first week. You may only upload 1 qualy run!

Event 1: British Grand Prix
Objective: Fastest Time Overall in the Race
Vehicle: Light Car Company Rocket '05
Venue: Silverstone GP Circuit: 14 Laps
Tyres: Comfort Hards
Driving Aids: Steering Sensitivity at 7, Skid Recovery Force Off, ABS Off, TCS Off, ASM Off, Active Steering Off, Driving Line Off, Blind Spot Indicator Off, Manual or Automatic Gearbox
Tuning: Everything (Except Racing Brakes, Turbo Kits, All Transmission parts, and Fully Customizable Suspension) allowed

Event 2: Spanish Grand Prix
Venue: Circuito de la Sierra Circuit: 6 Laps
Driving Aids: Steering Sensitivity at 7, Skid Recovery Force Off, ABS Off, TCS Off, ASM Off, Active Steering Off, Driving Line Off, Blind Spot Indicator Off, Manual or Automatic Gearbox
Tuning: Everything (Except Racing Brakes, Turbo Kits, All Transmission parts, and Fully Customizable Suspension) allowed

Event 3: German Grand Prix
Venue: Nurburgring Nordschleife Circuit: 7 Laps

Event 4: Monaco Grand Prix
Venue: Cote de Azur Circuit: 22 Laps

Event 5: Italian Grand Prix
Venue: Monza GP (No Chicane) Circuit : 16 Laps

Let me know what you guys think about this whole thing!

Last edited:
Its a good idea the story of a championship as @Failmaster21 describe above .
Don't know if we can have the number of players to execute it .
As about the aids i think steering sens at 7 is way high for me and the tyres that you propose is more like punishment for me.
Am on the side to run on a " safer" side trying to find my limits than trying to keep any car on the track.
All the challenges we made with a twichy car that need special treatment ,was a shame for me and the same will be at @Thematic invitational with Tesla :banghead: on that tyres he chose.
Am 3 sec. behind his time from what i realize yesterday on a short stint:crazy:
Anyway ,seems a good idea if we can find the players to do it and as for the " rest " we can find a " gold cut".
Didn't make the school but that's what you're gonna see :embarrassed:
IMG_20201112_192107.jpg

If you didn't drive the car before you probably would have a lot to gain: I recall two improvements that were both larger than 0.8 s. The corkscrew launch was confusing, I thought at first that it needs acceleration soon, with steering to the left to keep the rear end behind, but looked like it's better to just wait for the weight and grip to return. At least that makes the manual steering part easier. Though not-gaming videos on Youtube suggest to do it as two 90 degree turns, to avoid the launch as much as feasible.

I noticed the Roadster in GT6 has odd torque and power: they are somewhat less than what is given for 2.0 edition, though much better than what the first US delivered cars got. I suspect the figures were given to PD when they added it to Gran Turismo (5).

Last edited:
If you didn't drive the car before you probably would have a lot to gain: I recall two improvements that were both larger than 0.8 s. The corkscrew launch was confusing, I thought at first that it needs acceleration soon, with steering to the left to keep the rear end behind, but looked like it's better to just wait for the weight and grip to return. At least that makes the manual steering part easier. Though not-gaming videos on Youtube suggest to do it as two 90 degree turns, to avoid the launch as much as feasible.

I noticed the Roadster in GT6 has odd torque and power: they are somewhat less than what is given for 2.0 edition, though much better than what the first US delivered cars got. I suspect the figures were given to PD when they added it to Gran Turismo (5).

I doubt that i can gain that much , if i get behind you a second ill be happy mate.
This car has a tendency to slid at low speed corners especially when you use button for throttle ( as i do) which is like an ON OF situation from no throttle to full throttle .
On the other side at high speed corners you can use sliding to your advantage if you're careful where you will apply throttle again .
All that need a lot of laps to find when and how and talking about high speed sliding is not easy to be correct at the six of them .
Whatever the outcome is ,ill be gland if you take the win cause you did a great run according your time sheet.
:bowdown: :bowdown:
It comes to my mind the laps you did ( you and Bryce also ) at Stone on that twichy S2000 where i couldn't much your time whatever i try ,was @nostradavor2 challenge with 3 different cars as i remember.
After all i really like the victory to go at different persons each time ,is good for the competition and for everybody i guess .
As for me ill try finish school till Sunday night and then deal with " electricity " :boggled: .
Have a good " whatever comes first" guys.

I doubt that i can gain that much , if i get behind you a second ill be happy mate.
This car has a tendency to slid at low speed corners especially when you use button for throttle ( as i do) which is like an ON OF situation from no throttle to full throttle .
I get the digital behaviour when I drive it in reverse, because the game doesn't have the option of using the pedal for that when there is no gearbox. If I reverse on tarmac even a half a second, while keeping the shifter paddle in, it makes large amounts of smoke, which doesn't happen when going forward full current. As it should be based on running the motor in reverse, there isn't an obvious explanation apart from some error.

I had a 70 km session today at Laguna Seca but the rhythm didn't enter the system for the correct ~90 second moment.
meh.jpg

In school I kept the NB (under Moonraker Black Metallic) suspension, drivetrain and transmission stock with added body rigidity and power (not max.). I liked that one of the faster opponents was a BTR, though it'd have been a bit too fast for this race without The Band or I should say, under my control.

Its a good idea the story of a championship as @Failmaster21 describe above .
Don't know if we can have the number of players to execute it .
As about the aids i think steering sens at 7 is way high for me and the tyres that you propose is more like punishment for me.
Am on the side to run on a " safer" side trying to find my limits than trying to keep any car on the track.
All the challenges we made with a twichy car that need special treatment ,was a shame for me and the same will be at @Thematic invitational with Tesla :banghead: on that tyres he chose.
Anyway ,seems a good idea if we can find the players to do it and as for the " rest " we can find a " gold cut".
Didn't make the school but that's what you're gonna see :embarrassed:
View attachment 971385
Can’t wait to see this puppy in the streets of London in reverse no less.

Back