THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Hi all, here was my school entry

Wasn't expecting to win this one, slapped some power parts on and drove the wheels off it. I've not run London this way round much either but it seems to have a better flow going this way.

I ran T-67 but didn't enter as there were no Div 1 guys and the Div 2 battle was close, thought @bjl23 was going to pinch it but he went out drinking. I managed a sub 1:40 :cool:

Stay safe all, see you at the school

Could make it work with a little as 6 people, max of 12
Am in for it but i doubt if i can " follow" under such difficult conditions together ,tyres and settings in general.
I don't know how the car's ride will be under this settings but as it happens lately with BB12 on ring ( couldn't complete a white lap) the same perhaps will happens here and i will be a " dead meat" for my mate.

Hi all, here was my school entry

Wasn't expecting to win this one, slapped some power parts on and drove the wheels off it. I've not run London this way round much either but it seems to have a better flow going this way.

I ran T-67 but didn't enter as there were no Div 1 guys and the Div 2 battle was close, thought @bjl23 was going to pinch it but he went out drinking. I managed a sub 1:40 :cool:

Stay safe all, see you at the school

:lol: :lol:
You really drove the wheels of it.
Powerful but stock also and aids of .
Typical Boogieman ,the one or the other way I'll " eat" you all :lol:
Well done mate , respect :bowdown:

By the way best flow for me was lower power cause i didn't have to slow down or " wait" but you don't suffer from that kind of problems :lol:
Glad to inform us about Tesla run that you didn't post , Saint and Boss Bryce must feel very proud being so close to you ,at least i was , following your times by a sec.( much or less) at Goodwood challenges.
And since we are talking about a run twice as much , respect to them also . :bowdown:.

No tune/73.

The beginning seems to decide the result, that tunnel is a lottery, at least for me. I also keep hitting the walls inside. Apart from the track and car shapes being slightly off for better performance, I blame the hyper grip.

What's going on with the lap display in the dash? I couldn't determine what it's showing exactly, as it seemed to show either the last lap or an earlier lap, but during that hour it did not stick to showing the best lap.

--

London, Class #44, you get (just) the picture.

Attachments

• notune_board.jpg
    notune_board.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 8
  • notune_trk.jpg
    notune_trk.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Am in for it but i doubt if i can " follow" under such difficult conditions together ,tyres and settings in general.
I don't know how the car's ride will be under this settings but as it happens lately with BB12 on ring ( couldn't complete a white lap) the same perhaps will happens here and i will be a " dead meat" for my mate.
I will test the car at one of the non championship venues; most likely Hockenheim, Catalunya and Brands Hatch GP; and see if I should make the tire softer (probably a SH) plus remove all suspension items off the table (No racing preset or semi adjustable suspension)

Damn you Saint , you put a difficult benchmark again .
Just did 10 laps yesterday and am at 51s :irked:
After that my " fashion editor" kept me busy preparing school car and new outfit :lol:
Very smoky you school vid ,you blind them all :lol:

I will test the car at one of the non championship venues; most likely Hockenheim, Catalunya and Brands Hatch GP; and see if I should make the tire softer (probably a SH) plus remove all suspension items off the table (No racing preset or semi adjustable suspension)
Seems a good idea :cheers:

D1-Hundred
An early, modest objective was > 3300 points, so
3416 wasn't exactly expected this early on. I used a wheel at 900 degrees and perhaps not the most exciting choice:
Skyline GTS25 Type S (R32) '91, that is FR without turbo nor nitro kit.
Just some silly settings, I tried the GTP Tune Finder but nothing looked promising.
Tyres 4x Comfort: Hard.
Fully custom suspension
RH 94 94
Spring rate 4.92 4.67
Dampers 4 4 4 4
ARB 3 3
Camber angle 0.0 1.0
Toe angle 0.0 0.22
Racing Brake Kit
Brake balance 3 4
Fully custom transmission
Short - max speed to minimum then final gear to 4.7.
Fully customisable mechanical LSD
Initial torque 10, as 48, bs 28
Triple-plate clutch kit
Carbon propeller shaft

Power limited to 51.6 %. Weight reduction, stage 3. No custom externals.[/setup]

Attachments

• d1hndrd_board.jpg
    d1hndrd_board.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 2
  • d1hndrd_result.jpg
    d1hndrd_result.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2
It just depends if I can tune the car to not spin at every corner :scared::lol:

The main goal for me its time i tune a car easy or hard to control ,is to be able to produce a Flow .
Only then i can enjoy it even if am not so fast as others might be.
Trying to avoid an upcoming spin at every corner isn't on my " menu" even if ill " eat " it many times cause of the challenges we have to deal with .
Its quite different to cause an error due to going " fast" or overreact than try to avoid them or minimise them through careful driving .

Back to fashion now :lol:

Yesterday i try to find a proper set up for Aston Martin ,did couple of races with two different fields and my verdict was that is damn hard to avoid collisions especially on your back even if its not your fault.
Aiming to be 100% clean and untouched needs to study the field and select where to pass them in order to avoid the fact that the AI use your rear bumper to brake or your side doors to turn :lol:
Its like a " payback" from what we do to them many times :lol:
My " gun" is set ( 550 pp ) at maximum potential for that race and the only thing remains is to find the proper amount of patience to go through .

IMG_20201124_204653.jpg

The main goal for me its time i tune a car easy or hard to control ,is to be able to produce a Flow .
Trying to avoid an upcoming spin at every corner isn't on my " menu" even if ill " eat " it many times cause of the challenges we have to deal with .
Its quite different to cause an error due to going " fast" or overreact than try to avoid them or minimise them through careful driving .

Yesterday i try to find a proper set up for Aston Martin ,did couple of races with two different fields and my verdict was that is damn hard to avoid collisions especially on your back even if its not your fault.
Aiming to be 100% clean and untouched needs to study the field and select where to pass them in order to avoid the fact that the AI use your rear bumper to brake or your side doors to turn :lol:
My " gun" is set ( 550 pp ) at maximum potential for that race and the only thing remains is to find the proper amount of patience to go through .

View attachment 973925
The DB9 is looking gooooddddd

View attachment 973925
One simple rule can help you lot’s to race clean at Deep Forest. If you have “Passed the other Race Car” and he turns into you at the last second after the pass I will judge it from the view of the student that made the pass. In other words “How Far Ahead Were You”, when the passed car hit you.

View attachment 973925
One more thing if you dive bomb into a corner to make a pass when you have zero room I will see that negatively.

One simple rule can help you lot’s to race clean at Deep Forest. If you have “Passed the other Race Car” and he turns into you at the last second after the pass I will judge it from the view of the student that made the pass. In other words “How Far Ahead Were You”, when the passed car hit you.
Happens many times to be way far ( 2 or more car length ) and they brake on me .
This is very common at the two right turns before the tunnel .
If i pass someone on the fast bend before these two , normally end up on my back or my right back door.
So i have to wait pass them somewhere else , normally most safe pass is at start straight or the before the penultimate turn at dowhill sector.
Since i can run significant faster than the AI ,its matter of patience and " study" of the field to keep the right flow on this.
Another thing i note was that SS tyres ( which am using) have better feeling than RS .
Didn't use any RS on race but i test them a while on free runs and deffinetly i prefer SS in my " beauty" :) .

The DB9 is looking gooooddddd

They can't afford everyone a " fashion manager " :lol: :lol: :lol:
Am trying to give Mary's a motivation ........ To let me run more without ...... bir ,bir bir bir .

Happens many times to be way far ( 2 or more car length ) and they brake on me .
This is very common at the two right turns before the tunnel .
If i pass someone on the fast bend before these two , normally end up on my back or my right back door.
So i have to wait pass them somewhere else , normally most safe pass is at start straight or the before the penultimate turn at dowhill sector.
Since i can run significant faster than the AI ,its matter of patience and " study" of the field to keep the right flow on this.
Another thing i note was that SS tyres ( which am using) have better feeling than RS .
Didn't use any RS on race but i test them a while on free runs and deffinetly i prefer SS in my " beauty" :) .

They can't afford everyone a " fashion manager " :lol: :lol: :lol:
Am trying to give Mary's a motivation ........ To let me run more without ...... bir ,bir bir bir .
You will have to be very much on alert if they brake on you and you hit them from behind it will be your fault. The rest of your plan above to win this race are the best options.

Last edited:
Racing tyres ruin the handling of non racing cars, there are one or two exceptions but not many.

Was so noticeable this time that i didn't complete a single lap , just before the rocky wall i quit the idea of using them .

D1-Hundred
View attachment 974203
--

Sports tyres have the added benefit of the opponents with slicks braking perhaps even later than you. Nice change of seating! I used medium compound this time.

You went too far this time.
I use a detune mx5 and an old Toyota but i choose mazda after a while.
Even if i add my best sectors can't pass 3.500 low on this .
I believe the same applies and for no tune from what i test early this week , still remember how hard i try to beat you for fractions at this track ( or was the complete route 5 ) not long time ago .

Anyway this what can do for now
IMG_20201125_220000.jpg

Even if i add my best sectors can't pass 3.500 low on this .
I think the 1st sector generally gives a higher score than the second, though my example was a clear outlier. Because I did many restarts before getting to part two. It's also my best 1st score by far. But I found the > 2000 points, there, comes from using what little power there is for the start, then sliding "helplessly" to the end, with zero input, while just avoiding bumping the corner that is within the boundary. Probably almost 3000 points can be gained there, and for sure a 2000 is doable in the second part. Maybe I will put 1+1 together and improve, still.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the inviter will come up with.

Last edited:
Hey guys thought id drop in and throw a few laps hop alls we'll with everybody

No tune.View attachment 974515View attachment 974516
Love how your top 2 times are the same :lol:. I'm good mate, surviving the hot weather, we are in our 2nd day of 40 degrees +.
How are you?

I'll be doing some laps today once I sort the pain in asses out, I mean kids.

On other news, I've ordered a new phone :)

Last edited:
Love how your top 2 times are the same :lol:. I'm good mate, surviving the hot weather, we are in our 2nd day of 40 degrees +.
How are you?

I'll be doing some laps today once I sort the pain in asses out, I mean kids.

On other news, I've ordered a new phone :)
thats good to here bro yea that's another thing on my list getting another phone this phone is way past it's sell bye date:lol: Nice to see you guys again:cheers: And before I forget..

No tune no assets,,
image.jpg
image.jpg

Latest Posts

Back