THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
I get the digital behaviour when I drive it in reverse, because the game doesn't have the option of using the pedal for that when there is no gearbox. If I reverse on tarmac even a half a second, while keeping the shifter paddle in, it makes large amounts of smoke, which doesn't happen when going forward full current. As it should be based on running the motor in reverse, there isn't an obvious explanation apart from some error.

I had a 70 km session today at Laguna Seca but the rhythm didn't enter the system for the correct ~90 second moment.
View attachment 971525

In school I kept the NB (under Moonraker Black Metallic) suspension, drivetrain and transmission stock with added body rigidity and power (not max.). I liked that one of the faster opponents was a BTR, though it'd have been a bit too fast for this race without The Band or I should say, under my control.

Don't know about Laguna yet but am sure can't copy that times mate .
As for school i spend one hour yesterday enjoying the Beetle's grip that was amazing .
Try to different lines and yes Rizzi on BTR was the fastest line up .
Have only racing excaust on power but i put " hand " to suspension , weight and trans.
This car has amazing flow and the bumps at the corners didn't affect his stability at all while it seems larger gearbox ( a bit ) is more helpful on lower corners .
I did try it with more power parts but i prefer the lower settings at 534 pp cause you are on the " limit" all the way and that gives a great feeling ,on the other side you have to pass in front on third lap and with BTR on the last final corner .
Damn that car is a JOY with capital letters.

Can’t wait to see this puppy in the streets of London in reverse no less.

You will ,you will , but first i have to enjoy it further .
Yesterday i was running and then we watch the replay with Maria ( my fashion manager :lol: ) .
Don't know what the school outcome will be for me but what the hell , this car gives me such a great feeling almost " licking" the barriers and the AI and everything is under control.
Absolute joy that don't want to end.

I got a little bit of time today to do some Laps,

NO-TUNE
Im really enjoying this combo, I did 3 races and this was my best time.
IMAG0481.jpg

It's going to be hard to beat @smoothbore12.

T-67 SECONDS
normally I clear my leader board before I start a new TT, but since there was times from 2012 I decided to leave them.
I did 10 laps then looked at the leader board and saw I beat @Thematic by 1 second and thought that can't be right so I double checked my settings and I left SRF on :banghead:, I'll try again tomorrow.
IMAG0483.jpg

I got a little bit of time today to do some Laps,

NO-TUNE
Im really enjoying this combo, I did 3 races and this was my best time.
View attachment 971654
It's going to be hard to beat @smoothbore12.

T-67 SECONDS
normally I clear my leader board before I start a new TT, but since there was times from 2012 I decided to leave them.
I did 10 laps then looked at the leader board and saw I beat @Thematic by 1 second and thought that can't be right so I double checked my settings and I left SRF on :banghead:, I'll try again tomorrow.
View attachment 971655

I doubt even with SRF on can go that low " dear" , more likely i miss TC than SRF on this one.
As about no tune i leaved 2-3 sec on the track ( first turn repeatable error lap 4&5 plus the first left at the uphill section ) and i would be pleased if i don't have to run this again ,not to mention that i change suit for the beetle :lol:
I really try my best at this ( enough practicing laps also ) so if i loose i won't be sorry.
Key factor sleepstreming and Take no prisoners mod at first laps and " hold " your horses a bit on last two cause there are hiding the big mistakes that spoil everything you've done so far.
First time i run this end up...... second :boggled: :crazy: , after some practicing laps ,things took their place ,just took the first line up available ,study my opponents and i go for it.
Tomorrow am working :banghead: but thinking how many people on the quarantine are without work , can't complain about that and thank God we're in good health so...... Everything is fine.
Have a good Sunday guys .

Its a good idea the story of a championship as @Failmaster21 describe above .
Don't know if we can have the number of players to execute it .
As about the aids i think steering sens at 7 is way high for me and the tyres that you propose is more like punishment for me.
Am on the side to run on a " safer" side trying to find my limits than trying to keep any car on the track.
All the challenges we made with a twichy car that need special treatment ,was a shame for me and the same will be at @Thematic invitational with Tesla :banghead: on that tyres he chose.
Am 3 sec. behind his time from what i realize yesterday on a short stint:crazy:
Anyway ,seems a good idea if we can find the players to do it and as for the " rest " we can find a " gold cut".
Didn't make the school but that's what you're gonna see :embarrassed:
View attachment 971385
My whole idea with this invitational was to make it extremely difficult to control this car, and still try to find all of the limits. Honestly it'll be punishment for me too, I love stable setups and this is definitely NOT a stable setup = quick challenge. I would like to have a minimum of 8 people in 4 teams, but need to see how many are interested.

Damn @smoothbore12 must be driving a different car

:lol: :lol:
I have a " fast paint " mate.
If you look my vid with my training lap will see that was close at 56s " dead" and it happens as i wrote .
Needed laps at low 57s and some at 56s , adding all this hit the mark of 9.45 plus.
Its a long track ,many laps and braking points are crucial to avoid " mistakes" especially when you're under sleepstreming conditions .

As for the challenge you propose its very difficult for a pad user to control an uncontrollable car for me there's one reason more since i use only buttons !!!! ( Very old school :lol: )
By the way you did very nice on Tesla ,close to @Thematic .
Am still enjoying beetle ,have 3 races but at my best have a slight contact that is notable from outside view ( i always check my replay from that angle ) at the other end up second cause BTR pass me on straight ( didn't even notice that was coming :banghead: ) and one that is slower of the others .
Ill finished it today to leave the week for Tesla .

Last edited:
T-67 SECONDS
Turned off SRF this time :dunce:, after a heap of laps on free run I went the TT.
Like @smoothbore12 said controlling the slide is key, I went with the hard suspension, it makes the car slide more but if you can control it it's faster.
I found that braking early and starting the slide early worked best for me.

Anyway enough dribble, there's my time.
IMAG0485.jpg
IMAG0486.jpg

PS. I wished I filmed you reply, smoke everywhere.

Last edited:
T-67 SECONDS
Turned off SRF this time :dunce:, after a heap of laps on free run I went the TT.
Like @smoothbore12 said controlling the slide is key, I went with the hard suspension, it makes the car slide more but if you can control it it's faster.
I found that braking early and starting the slide early worked best for me.

Anyway enough dribble, there's my time.
View attachment 971914 View attachment 971915

PS. I wished I filmed you reply, smoke everywhere.

L_DeYN.gif

This Tesla run start to piss me of :banghead: :banghead:
Ok , didn't deal with it seriously but 3 sec behind is too much on a single run from my division mates.
Today is beetle's time so i can start from tomorrow my French practicing :lol:

Anyway you did grate mate , :cheers: thought Saint was about to win this one but now is in trouble.
After all as a dragster guy , controling the slide is in your blood.:D

School ends .
Just from a habit i change oil at my RSi and i run this at 441pp ,so my final runs are made on this power band.
I really enjoy this guys .
Here is my tune
IMG_20201115_201234.jpg

IMG_20201115_201337.jpg

IMG_20201115_201410.jpg

IMG_20201115_195428.jpg

When everything ends yesterday i made a bit stiffer the front end and find out that was even better but i have already end the filming and i had to choose between enough replays .
A number close or little above 8 is better.
Have a good week guys.

PS
From zero i reach more than 400khm

Last edited:
T-67 Seconds
Fresh, fair trade splits from California: 25.811 50.011 1:10.795
1:41.282
I didn't reach any consistency yet and have not determined if I should brake slightly past the "2" for the left up the hill. But generally I have been braking (abs=0) much more aggressively than with a typical road car with this tyre setting.

Attachments

• tmin_sssn.jpg
    tmin_sssn.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 4
  • tmin_track.jpg
    tmin_track.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 3
OK, gonna give the invitational a go over the next few days. Korben (housemate) also wants to give it a try, so I will be posting his times too.

@Failmaster21 That GP series sounds like a great idea, I'd very much love to do that. Only one small problem - dunno if anyone here knows how to fix... My Silverstone is broken. I've got chunks of sky and hill appearing all over sections of the track and have to drive some areas totally blind. I think it is probably some HD corruption, any idea how to rebuild a track without doing a complete re-install?

My Silverstone is broken. I've got chunks of sky and hill appearing all over sections of the track and have to drive some areas totally blind. I think it is probably some HD corruption, any idea how to rebuild a track without doing a complete re-install?
I don't know if rebuilding the game database would help, but it has the downside of clearing some minor things, certainly including the arcade Time Trial lap times and metadata for content like photo mode shots. As for the file itself, I don't think so; you'd need a customized console.

Last edited:
T - 67 s
:crazy: :scared: :banghead:
IMG_20201119_211741.jpg

Its the second time that i try it serious on this one and the only gain i see ( ghost according) is entry at 42s very high .
Don't know where i lose so much and am really struggling to get first and last turns right .
Hope till Sunday to make a small improvement but am " lost sheep " on this one .
If you loose grip at low speed acceleration can keep it all the way till throw you out without hesitation .
Well done guys 👍 cause you adapted so quick on this one, a couple of challenge like this one and i will promote my self in division 3 :lol:.

PS
There's no way to break after or even close before 2 without caught by the sand .
Can't " nail" that corner no matter what ,i have to brake and let it roll , a small tap on throttle is possible just to make a small jump till i get the wheels straight and hit it again.

Last edited:
Good morning guys .
Was searching yesterday for sales due to black Friday or sales in general and i find out that Logitech g29 was on good price 230 euros while the new 923 has 400 euro .
Are almost identical with minor changes ( true force ,brake pedal) and g29 will be supported by ps5 .
On the other hand don't have ps5 either GT7 :boggled: and to have a wheel on a box for the half of his guarantee seems a bit awkward .
So ill pass this pretending i didn't see it :lol: and hope to be on the market in the upcoming future at low price.
As about T67 i will give my final shot today just for the hell of it but definitely i won't bother further since me and Tesla we are going to take a divorce after that.
Am already 1.5 sec or more to second sector and that's a fact i can't pass :scared:
Have a good weekend guys , mine will start after today's work and be safe and cool as possible.
My fashion editor waiting for new round to work with new cars :lol:

Last edited:
Good morning guys .
Was searching yesterday for sales due to black Friday or sales in general and i find out that Logitech g29 was on good price 230 euros while the new 923 has 400 euro .
Are almost identical with minor changes ( true force ,brake pedal) and g29 will be supported by ps5 .
On the other hand don't have ps5 either GT7 :boggled: and to have a wheel on a box for the half of his guarantee seems a bit awkward .
So ill pass this pretending i didn't see it :lol: and hope to be on the market in the upcoming future at low price.
As about T67 i will give my final shot today just for the hell of it but definitely i won't bother further since me and Tesla we are going to take a divorce after that.
Am already 1.5 sec or more to second sector and that's a fact i can't pass :scared:
Have a good weekend guys , mine will start after today's work and be safe and cool as possible.
My fashion editor waiting for new round to work with new cars :lol:
Love my G29, but I suck very much with it (especially on GT Sport)

Love my G29, but I suck very much with it (especially on GT Sport)

How is that ?
You are better with a controller on gts ?
Deffinetly a wheel is more " tiring" since needed more parts of your body to involve than your fingers ,but i think is more accurate and precise than a pad ( in my age at least :lol: ) .
For me as i use only buttons for everything ,it will be an improvement after a while cause he will give me the opportunity to control better brakes and throttle which now are pretty much an On-of situation .
I don't say is " easy" but i think after the adapting period ,things will be better - faster and more under control.
Although i never play gts and never will so i don't know what the cars behaviour feels on the game .
Hope the upcoming GT 7 to be a better game especially in of line mod but i have the feeling that it will be a shock from what i use to know from gt6.
Anyway , today i will try once again the T-67 to shorten the shame distance :lol: ( if i can ) and hope @bjl23 to not " charge" for the win at no tune since he is way closer than the others to me .
The fact that he did only 3 races didn't leave me enough ground of hope but hope dies last they say.
This round i was so much pleased from the RSi and that's enough for me .
Good day to all guys .

How is that ?
Deffinetly a wheel is more " tiring" since needed more parts of your body to involve than your fingers ,but i think is more accurate and precise than a pad ( in my age at least :lol: ) .
For me as i use only buttons for everything ,it will be an improvement after a while cause he will give me the opportunity to control better brakes and throttle which now are pretty much an On-of situation .
I don't say is " easy" but i think after the adapting period ,things will be better - faster and more under control.
Although i never play gts and never will so i don't know what the cars behaviour feels on the game .
Hope the upcoming GT 7 to be a better game especially in of line mod but i have the feeling that it will be a shock from what i use to know from gt6.
Anyway , today i will try once again the T-67 to shorten the shame distance :lol: ( if i can ) and hope @bjl23 to not " charge" for the win at no tune since he is way closer than the others to me .
The fact that he did only 3 races didn't leave me enough ground of hope but hope dies last they say.
Good day to all guys .
No more times from me mate, the ps3 hasn't been on today.
Louise and I are having a kid free Sunday, we went to a brewery before lunch,
image000000_2.jpg

(such a horrible photo)

We just finished lunch at a winery
image000000.jpg

How is that ?
Good day to all guys .
Usually play with lowest possible steering sensitivity and my trusted DS3, and since I have been playing with only 1 ABS and no other assists (I cried when STM was locked for the GT5 Nascar Challenges)for almost 4 years now, I have pretty good control over the car's movements and such, meanwhile I use the wheel like once every month, and I look like this half the time https://cdn.betterttv.net/emote/5e6fa08bd112fc3725746dd4/3x

No more times from me mate, the ps3 hasn't been on today.
Louise and I are having a kid free Sunday, we went to a brewery before lunch,
View attachment 973295
(such a horrible photo)

We just finished lunch at a winery
View attachment 973294

48f43afeb37edc1d937cfe264985b016.gif

Happy for you mate ,a day without " moving and shouting little obstacles " is priceless anyway for both of you.

Usually play with lowest possible steering sensitivity and my trusted DS3, and since I have been playing with only 1 ABS and no other assists (I cried when STM was locked for the GT5 Nascar Challenges)for almost 4 years now, I have pretty good control over the car's movements and such, meanwhile I use the wheel like once every month, and I look like this half the time https://cdn.betterttv.net/emote/5e6fa08bd112fc3725746dd4/3x

Sounds like you never complete the" transition " from one to another .
Back on days of gt2-gt3 ,find my self on a Logitech wheel and was kind different from what i use on pad ,but after a month couldn't go back and i was faster in every aspect.
Right now on buttons steering ,almost every vid from cockpit view is like this :lol:

3x.gif

Congratulations to the winners and all participants .
Yesterday just fall to sleep early cause i had to wake up at 4 to go to hydra island for work and load stuff on a boat which arrives at 6.30 .
So my divorce with Tesla on CS tyres if official now .
Hats of to all the guys Infront of me :bowdown:
here is my school run that i really enjoy it .

I doubt that i will enjoy the next one cause it seems quite tough , small track ,many traffic ,race cars ( better brakes ) against the " gorilla " from England .
Deffinetly will keep me busy enough especially on SS tyres .
I was wondering what Hugh will bring on Tesla run but he didn't participate at all this round except school that am dead sure he did this on a harder way from us .
Great win Saint and quite smooth run .
Have a good week guys.

Back