THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Its a " spot" that you can gain or lose time at that turn but i never found the way to get it right .
I might lower my time a bit but what history tells is that @bjl23 is damn good on that track right from the beginning .
I spend an hour to go from 33s to 31 high but only one time i was faster than my ghost on that turn and lose it couple of turns later .
While at no tune " boss" and I we are so close on 5 minute run ,here - again - happens to be way faster from the beginning .
Lets see and the one who design the event .

I run 3 races for school yesterday noon but that Minolta breathing on my neck and force me to errors
So i have to deal with it that week .

Have a good week guys.
Just to rub salt into your wounds, my no-tune time was my 4th race and I got my 1:30 in the invitational in about half an hour.

Just to rub salt into your wounds, my no-tune time was my 4th race and I got my 1:30 in the invitational in about half an hour.

One image ...... Thousand words .
giphy (5).gif

I start catching the age that i will be able to say : am too old for this S.h.i.t. :lol:

Are you 75 years old??

Not yet :lol: but this " hateful " boss realy pissed me off ,we have our " pain " and he show no respect at all.
Off course you have all the rights to say it but the experience and the wisdom are always present .

@bjl23 i didn't catch you today ,but i won't give up even if I'll run 200 laps .
You just get lucky .:P
Am at 1.31.412 today and ghost according just need a good last turn without spin or a quick Corkscrew , cause just blow it twice at both spots .

Last edited:
Not yet :lol: but this " hateful " boss realy pissed me off ,we have our " pain " and he show no respect at all.
Off course you have all the rights to say it but the experience and the wisdom are always present .

@bjl23 i didn't catch you today ,but i won't give up even if I'll run 200 laps .
You just get lucky .:P
Am at 1.31.412 today and ghost according just need a good last turn without spin or a quick Corkscrew , cause just blow it twice at both spots .
If I can do it then you can. 👍
Interested to see if the div 1 guys can get a 1:29.

----------

If anyone remembers that lotus elan I was restoring, I painted the body on friday.
IMG_20210126_092850.jpg
IMG_20210126_092832.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Bryce, I love that Elan project 👍

I kind of thought my last no tune will be my last entry for no tune but I changed my mind, might be back soon(when I saw your times 1.29. was first thing in my head :P) . I'm playing GT5 on a pad, mostly BSpec because of some minor injuries but I might be back maybe already this round.

btw I took small video from my endurance today. I don't get how is GT6 actually worse regarding car damage visually (let alone mechanical).

Last edited:
Is the race with the ZZ11 to hard for you guy's? Let me know what you think and if I should make the school's a lot more easy to race at?

No it's that hard or scary as older lessons that we race at the past.
Although you can't say its easy one.
Personally i didn't fire up my ps3 from Monday , much work and dentist appointments ,leave no room for playing but hopefully ill have it till Sunday morning .

:cheers:

You guys are doing something I'm not on the no tune.

5:11 is my best so far

Just to confirm, Dallas an I are running Sports Hard round Silverstone. We are not taking any shortcuts.

Im currently on 1 tcs and 1 abs only, but I cant imagine any other assists taking me below 5 mins.

Last edited:
Well SRF=ON and Active Steering=Mild and ABS=1.. I did 2 2.29 laps and I don't think they were even particularly great laps. For example last round no tune lap was really really fast as opposed to this run so I don't know, I can make you a vid if I saved a replay, I can't remember. As for handbrake, I don't think I've ever used handbrake in Gran Turismo to go faster. On Silverstone I think is important to steer in the corners earlier than you think you should, at least for me.

Well SRF=ON and Active Steering=Mild and ABS=1.. I did 2 2.29 laps and I don't think they were even particularly great laps. For example last round no tune lap was really really fast as opposed to this run so I don't know, I can make you a vid if I saved a replay, I can't remember. As for handbrake, I don't think I've ever used handbrake in Gran Turismo to go faster. On Silverstone I think is important to steer in the corners earlier than you think you should, at least for me.
That is correct.

So what am I missing? Handbrake used? Some assist that enables some technique I don't know about? Left foot braking?
I use TC 0, ABS 1, ACTIVE STEERING off, ASM off and SRF on.
No cutting, try TC off as it slows you down on the exit of corners. (let the tyre smoke)

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Hello Everyone, thanks for welcoming me to the club.

This is my attempt at the No Tune race. Not sure it's going to challenge anyone, but I'll definitely be having another crack at it.
Welcome to the HUB and GT PLANET. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
Ok, the seat has been raised 3 inches and brought forward 6 inches (Dallas is a big fella). The steering wheel has been lowered. The "special shoes" (Dallas knows about these (though they wouldn't fit him)) are on, and Rammstein is on the ICE system. Dallas's supremacy in this house is about to be challenged.

Joking aside this is a proud moment, when I met Corbin, he was pretty much bottom of my leaderboard. Now I am in the raceroom at gone midnight trying to beat him.

Last edited:
Back