THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
300 SL Coupe 1954. Some of you have a 4 speed Transmission and other have a 5 speed. I have a 5 speed and went top speed of 181MPH down the long straight. When you run the SkeakRacingSchool give a heads up on 4 speed or 5 speed when you post the video. I think the 5 speed is faster so I will make sure that I take that into account ref; p1p2p3.

Welcome to get your input.

Last edited:
300 SL Coupe 1954. Some of you have a 4 speed Transmission and other have a 5 speed. I have a 5 speed and went top speed of 181MPH down the long straight. When you run the SkeakRacingSchool give a heads up on 4 speed or 5 speed when you post the video. I think the 5 speed is faster so I will make sure that I take that into account ref; p1p2p3.

The different versions of GT6 are PAL, NTSC and NTSC-J. All cars are not the same between versions. I don't have a car list for each. I do however think that is why Europeans have 4 speed 300SL and NTSC has 5 speed. The 4 speed 300SL can be tuned for top speed but may sacrifice get up and go out of the corners. Me I would shoot for corner exit cause you can pull away enough in the corners to have a sufficient lead to not worry about the long straight.

The different versions of GT6 are PAL, NTSC and NTSC-J. All cars are not the same between versions. I don't have a car list for each. I do however think that is why Europeans have 4 speed 300SL and NTSC has 5 speed. The 4 speed 300SL can be tuned for top speed but may sacrifice get up and go out of the corners.
This blows my mind. Is there anything in the GTP GT Compendium (or what it's called) on these?

Last edited:
I don't remember if stock have 4 gears but I'll check it when am back from work.
I run school with 5 gears box.
On Monday I'll leave for Lamia to visit my dentist for some serious work and I'll stay some days so yesterday i did the school and try some runs on Volvo .
IMG_20210218_200756.jpg

I look back at the AI hub and i realize that was back then at 4 place with 2plus sec. slower time .
Unfortunately i sell that volvo and have to tune it again for that race.
That's what i use.
IMG_20210218_200858.jpg

And my school outfit
IMG_20210218_201045.jpg

PS
The volvo challenge called Safety Marshall and @RMan72 was 3rd at 6.56 while the first was at 6.54 so if someone gets lucky can win the race on slower field .
You don't wanna know what Erazer aka RoboCop bring back then .........
He was running under 20s between 18s-19s i guess.

Last edited:
I don't remember if stock have 4 gears but I'll check it when am back from work.
I run school with 5 gears box.
On Monday I'll leave for Lamia to visit my dentist for some serious work and I'll stay some days so yesterday i did the school and try some runs on Volvo .
View attachment 992609

I look back at the AI hub and i realize that was back then at 4 place with 2plus sec. slower time .
Unfortunately i sell that volvo and have to tune it again for that race.
That's what i use.
View attachment 992611

And my school outfit
View attachment 992612

PS
The volvo challenge called Safety Marshall and @RMan72 was 3rd at 6.56 while the first was at 6.54 so if someone gets lucky can win the race on slower field .
You don't wanna know what Erazer aka RoboCop bring back then .........
He was running under 20s between 18s-19s i guess.
I totally forgot erazer's nickname was ROBO COP. O the memories.

I totally forgot erazer's nickname was ROBO COP. O the memories.
Yes good memories indeed and many gifs also :lol:

Since I'll be gone next week and with lesson already done , ill took again the family volvo for a ride .
While my best time was at 47s i end up 5th but in this one i managed to be at 3rd place .
IMG_20210219_203656.jpg

And my fastest one which probably had to do how Nos apply during the race and sleepstreming .
IMG_20210219_195720.jpg

Last edited:
Had a go with the corvette today,
Very disappointed in myself that I couldn't beat smoothbore12.
View attachment 992819 View attachment 992820

Hmmmm i don't know is it stays that way with the Corvette but i have hope with the Volvo :D
Patience is a virtue at the Green Hell and I have not see much of that so far at the school:bowdown:!

Last time i lost school from electricity power cuts ,next week ill be gone for few days ,so i didn't want to stay with the " virtue " this time .
Although i don't have hopes even for 3rd place this time cause except. Bryce everybody knows the track very well and they run with confidence .
Of course am not forget that @bjl23 won there last time ( and hope to double it) but definitely many of our mates have an advantage against us due to track knowledge - and not only - and this is a crucial element especially on such a long track .
On the other hand , school is the only place that Boogieman or Tinkerbell can " loose" from someone else .

Erazer's Volvo
ev_results.jpg

I threw away peak torque for some power. While I didn't compare the races, I didn't seem to be faster, though I ended up 12th. As the results indicate, a few notches higher is plausible. Extreme weight distribution! Too bad it's the wrong way. Unless you are going to pick up something. I don't want to think about it. I'd rather be at

kurv.jpg
woppaa.jpg
Pflanzgarten

You have a point on that Saint ,the volvo race its very frustrating ,i can't set right the gearbox but since the AI are faster as You are faster ,time doesn't count so much .
I try a bit more oversteering tune today but could make it more than third place so i grab the Vette to upset a bit more my hateful mate .
Tomorrow ill try again for last time .
514ce3301fcbb583e4fdf20beb6f9bf7.gif

IMG_20210220_212104_1.jpg

IMG_20210220_211916.jpg

You have a point on that Saint ,the volvo race its very frustrating ,i can't set right the gearbox but since the AI are faster as You are faster ,time doesn't count so much .
I try a bit more oversteering tune today but could make it more than third place so i grab the Vette to upset a bit more my hateful mate .
Tomorrow ill try again for last time .
View attachment 992943

View attachment 992945
View attachment 992946
:banghead:
You think your soooo funny don't you Mr comedian.
Nice lap.

Last edited:
:banghead:
You think your soooo funny don't you Mr comedian.
Nice lap.

Sometimes i am :lol:
About no tune am afraid that @slybynight or @Thematic with his famous 100 stints will pass us both.
At Eraser's volvo i feel the dv2 prize is already in my pocket :D
And when i put my new teeths next week I'll be quicker due to better aerodynamic :lol:
Usually you are better than me on difficult cars to control that need elegant and smooth drive , but when it comes to midpower cars that can be driven " do or die " type ,i take the upper hand :D
So its a tie .
200.gif

Edit
Volvo time update in case of a tie ( from this morning plus my finally set up )
IMG_20210221_103719_1.jpg

IMG_20210221_103810_1.jpg

IMG_20210221_104526.jpg

I don't think that i will try it anymore , one noon session for Vette and am done .

Last edited:
Watching my tune pic at my latest post i realise that am on lower pp than 467 and i took the pic after the last race that post above.
So i change oil and give it another shot this noon .
The first field came up wasn't with the big guns at front so i try with it ,at the end i was a bit more lucky this time.
IMG_20210221_205143_1.jpg

Tomorrow am living and don't know if there's any internet where ill stay ( am on a friend second house for summer ) so if you not see me don't worry.

Watching my tune pic at my latest post i realise that am on lower pp than 467 and i took the pic after the last race that post above.
So i change oil and give it another shot this noon .
The first field came up wasn't with the big guns at front so i try with it ,at the end i was a bit more lucky this time.
View attachment 993268

Tomorrow am living and don't know if there's any internet where ill stay ( am on a friend second house for summer ) so if you not see me don't worry.
:bowdown:

Louise is doing a trial run for a new job today so I'm out home with the little one, so the ps3 got another run :dopey:
Took the corvette out for a run first to see if I could catch that damn @smoothbore12 guy.
IMG_20210222_121243.jpg
IMG_20210222_121224.jpg
i wasn't able :banghead:.

Then I tried the Volvo,
IMG_20210222_121156.jpg

Pretty happy with my results, I never did this challenge in the AI HUB before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was very fun.
Here's my tune, I started with @smoothbore12 's tune and made some adjustments to suit me.
Mainly to stop the front tyres from glowing red.
IMG_20210222_122219.jpg
IMG_20210222_122204.jpg
IMG_20210222_122150.jpg
NOZ at 30%

Last edited:
Considering that you never run this before @bjl23 ,you did super great , i also put Nos at 30% and try to minimise the use for the first couple of laps .
You're not far from 3 place which i think is the " roof " for div2 runners.
I did a small stint with Vette but couldn't improve , although i was running under 27s more often but couldn't pass my ghost.
Hope Louise to have a successful interview , my regards to her .

Thanks Bryce for the tune, I'll try to have few runs with Volvo this week. Also I'll put time trial on the Ring on invitational challenge for the last time I'll use the Ring I promise. Just someone tell me if you'd like more car that is difficult to handle or slower maybe 4wd or not snappy FR car... Just so I can adjust goals for medals.. I'll do the sam like the previous one Diamond/Gold..... etc

Considering that you never run this before @bjl23 ,you did super great , i also put Nos at 30% and try to minimise the use for the first couple of laps .
You're not far from 3 place which i think is the " roof " for div2 runners.
I did a small stint with Vette but couldn't improve , although i was running under 27s more often but couldn't pass my ghost.
Hope Louise to have a successful interview , my regards to her .
I do not have any Green Hill video from you. Sorry I just found it, thank you!!!

Last edited:
Back