THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Well, Dallas and I blew 2mil of our hard-earned on the PD F1 car to race at Madrid. He did 2 laps. I did 2 laps. We looked at each other in silence. Both thinking the same but not wanting to say it.

Five minutes later we were ragging a 250 GTO round the ring.

Sorry guys, but I don't think there will be a time posted for this one.

To make matters worse, neither of us are Finnish, so ice racing isn't our thing. Not that we can afford the Quatro anyway after blowing our budget on the F1 debacle.

I have some hope for Oulim. Might be Dallas's first school entry.
Give ""Corbin Dallas"" a shot at the Oullim Motor Sport Prototype:gtpflag:

If am not wrong ,Spira was my first win over the " predator " named Boogieman at school lessons .
What i remember very good was that it was so much entertaining at Spa .
Don't know if the same applies for Laguna but soon I've got to find out when ill return .
Hope Dallas and 5th element to enjoy the show and since Audi is no need to buy it ,to put some laps on ice.

Guys am about to rest since i have to leave at 1.00 after midnight ,see you all soon .
:cheers:

Since my no tune run was invalid ,just grab the chance to do a quick stint with courtesy car.
Here was my test time for the event
20210106_200144.jpg

:mad:

I'm little bit tired, did 5 laps only, I think there are still corners to figure out to go faster. So I hoped Hugh finally got me some proper target time but instead looks like he'll appear with low 1.06 in finish line :lol::banghead:
But never mind, if I get time to run this again you'll wait for my time till late Sunday night :P:P:lol:

IMG_20210107_170613~3.jpg

IMG_20210107_170651~2.jpg

I'm little bit tired, did 5 laps only, I think there are still corners to figure out to go faster. So I hoped Hugh finally got me some proper target time but instead looks like he'll appear with low 1.06 in finish line :lol::banghead:
But never mind, if I get time to run this again you'll wait for my time till late Sunday night :P:P:lol:

View attachment 983288
View attachment 983289
I am the one in the red jacket waving at you:lol:.

Here was my test time for the event
:mad:
I was trying to break 70 s today. Nope!

No tune/76.
1:10.042 << IF something works here, it's only the "right, over crest" part (there wouldn't be "don't cut" as that's e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e).
I seemed to have two ways to do the first sector, but aside from a couple of exceptions, could only reproduce the slower one. :D One thing I struggled to grasp for too long was that the 3rd gear blip for the right hander is not what you need to do, it is only when you have followed the wrong line and need that rotation done.

Attachments

• notune_results.jpg
    notune_results.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
:lol::lol:
thanks for the support Noel :)

ps
when I turn on PS next time I'll grind some money to buy car for the school, I'll try to participate this round. :cheers: But can't promise, things are little bit chaotic atm :boggled:
I would love for you to run this race and my reason is simple this is probably the most difficult race I have ever put together for the school. It took me many many attempts to win clean and I know that with hard work you’ll be able to win this race. I’m rooting for you good buddy and for anybody else who attempts to This school.

Last edited:
No tune/76.
1:09.816
I quickly got the feeling that the night taught me, again. Was much less work than the previous lap. No bumps or taps this time.

--
@nostradavor2
Hover over your username up in the corner, choose Preferences from the popup. Email notifications for replies is near the top, but there's more.

Attachments

• notune_results.jpg
    notune_results.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
No tune/76.
1:09.816
I quickly got the feeling that the night taught me, again. Was much less work than the previous lap. No bumps or taps this time.

--
@nostradavor2
Hover over your username up in the corner, choose Preferences from the popup. Email notifications for replies is near the top, but there's more.

thanks mate.. but unfortunately I already unchecked that box and its still coming :indiff:

also if someone needs for help.. here's my lap.. some obvious mistakes but I think it was great lap anywas.. hope to invest little bit more time in it :boggled::P:P

After the few days off from gaming ,again home and managed to " escape " from work today ......
Morning session and am at the shadow of Saint who seems he found the right path that lead him to the victory at no tune .
@bjl23 where are you ?
Rumors put him try to construct a castle with his son by using empty cans of beer !!!!!
True or not the fact is that when he use the Like button , a smell from Foster's cover the area for while .
Its lager ? Premium ale ? Don't know but definitely something goes on .

Am sitting at 1.09.866 but i forget to move the F... cursor so my entry isn't valid.
Anyway ill try again at afternoon ( i guess) and leave Spira for the upcoming week .

Have a good weekend guys .
IMG_20210109_122206.jpg

Last edited:
Afternoon session proved quite profitable on gaining time at no tune.
Tinkerbell's vid show me another line to be faster on first part and i destroy many laps on the final part being ahead of my ghost :banghead:
Don't know if that time will ensure another no tune victory but am quite pleased with my effort cause i went way far than i thought i could .
IMG_20210109_215141.jpg

IMG_20210109_215029.jpg

All this progress force me to take new pictures every time with the first forgetting to move the F... coursor again :banghead:
According my best passing perhaps i can " kiss" the 7s high but .... not in this life .
Am done ,packing for Laguna next.

Attachments

• IMG_20210109_210437.jpg
    IMG_20210109_210437.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 4
After the few days off from gaming ,again home and managed to " escape " from work today ......
Morning session and am at the shadow of Saint who seems he found the right path that lead him to the victory at no tune .
@bjl23 where are you ?
Rumors put him try to construct a castle with his son by using empty cans of beer !!!!!
True or not the fact is that when he use the Like button , a smell from Foster's cover the area for while .
Its lager ? Premium ale ? Don't know but definitely something goes on .

Am sitting at 1.09.866 but i forget to move the F... cursor so my entry isn't valid.
Anyway ill try again at afternoon ( i guess) and leave Spira for the upcoming week .

Have a good weekend guys .
View attachment 983570
Are you spying on me?
I went to the cricket on Friday with a couple of friends and we did make a beer tower :lol:, payed for it yesterday, didn't get out of bed for a very long time :crazy:.
Lager is my beer of choice, I'll be turning on the ps3 today now I can think straight.

Have I good day/night everyone.

Went to school with high standards*.
Several hundred km later:
Standards lowered a touch. Was motivating in the sense that I could see a good outcome just around the startline. I didn't quit once.
Had three finishes in third place. The final of these was clearly superior to the rest of the runs, though it didn't
have the best lap time (with 1:27.37).
Best lap time was race #16: 1:26.214 being 0.8 seconds faster than anything else.

I ran the usual, well, shorter six speed synchronous box, rear wing, twin plate clutch, weight reduction, wild suspension and differential settings, 599 bhp, racing brake kit and sports soft.

*) So, no racing number. :P

Last edited:
Dallas is putting in the hours on this - he was flattered to be personally invited by teach! But understand that this is hard for him. Partially my own fault. Because of my preference, he has only driven FR cars thus far, so this "engine-in-the-wrong-place" setup is very alien to him. I have set the car up to be as forgiving as poss. (for us FR drivers). He is naturally a clean racer but (again because of my bias) unused to AI cars - and as you have said, this is not an easy challenge. It has been a steep learning curve.

F'ING FUN IN THE SUN
Surprisingly I really enjoyed this event, very tough race but very rewarding.

View attachment 983743

NO-TUNE
Turns at I'm better on a board then a car on snow, only 3 vaild laps at of 15 :banghead:
View attachment 983742
Hats off plus pants off Bryce cause you managed to run the F1 car ABS only and win also :crazy:
I doubt that i can run this beast that way :ouch:

As for n tune i started the same way ,took me 15 minutes to right a white lap .

As about the beer tower i figured out that something goes on since you wasn't active enough .
After all when you saying : i had a couple of beers ,you mean a " bucket" instead a glass or six packs :lol:
I chose six packs and figure out what's next.

Hats off plus pants off Bryce cause you managed to run the F1 car ABS only and win also :crazy:
I doubt that i can run this beast that way :ouch:

As for n tune i started the same way ,took me 15 minutes to right a white lap .

As about the beer tower i figured out that something goes on since you wasn't active enough .
After all when you saying : i had a couple of beers ,you mean a " bucket" instead a glass or six packs :lol:
I chose six packs and figure out what's next.
I found the best thing to do with the F1 car is to short shift and don't get on the gas until your around the corner, other wise wheel spin city.

I should have taken a picture of the tower, it was pretty impressive.

I found the best thing to do with the F1 car is to short shift and don't get on the gas until your around the corner, other wise wheel spin city.

I should have taken a picture of the tower, it was pretty impressive.

For F1 am on AT gears and since is way fast i can't even try it on MT .
This challenge is doom for me but that's the interesting part at our hub :cheers:
Everything is possible and every member can achieve the win cause someone's weakness is another's strong point.
While am not able to write a white lap on Green Hell ........ comes @Thematic and put me a minute on my head easily :lol:
I couldn't run a single lap with F1 without use multiple times the reverse and you find it interesting :crazy:

As about the tower ,i think it would be better for me to buy a sweepstake than talk about it :lol:

That lap was beautiful.

Thanks mate.
That pile of snow on penultimate corner threw me in a wrong way so lost some speed there, also the slow part (2 slow corners) I was not happy with the line because I didn't enter 1st turn on the hill early enough and 1st sector, I don't know how was it 0.3 slower than my best because it looks good.. Anyway I was happy thay I was aggressive through whole lap and have decent time with not many laps. But I dont think it's enough to win this round. I'll try to improve it if Ill have some time. If I calculate everything I said 1.05.9 would be possible but Im probably not talented enough to pull it off without doing 100-200 laps I think. Will see.

Thanks mate.
That pile of snow on penultimate corner threw me in a wrong way so lost some speed there, also the slow part (2 slow corners) I was not happy with the line because I didn't enter 1st turn on the hill early enough and 1st sector, I don't know how was it 0.3 slower than my best because it looks good.. Anyway I was happy thay I was aggressive through whole lap and have decent time with not many laps. But I dont think it's enough to win this round. I'll try to improve it if Ill have some time. If I calculate everything I said 1.05.9 would be possible but Im probably not talented enough to pull it off without doing 100-200 laps I think. Will see.

Why ? Aren't you " happy " enough ?
Am that close to start " hate " you :lol:
At least you give motivation to Boogieman to start " moving " again .
Rumors put him locked in his apartment and wasn't that he respect Christmas holidays .... just lost interest cause couldn't find someone to ........ STSOOH.*

STSOOH * its irrelevant to the well-known ........ scare the sh.t out of him :lol:

Back