THE CHALLENGE HUB, ROUND 83 open

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by bjl23, May 14, 2018.

1. smoothbore12

smoothbore12

Didn't fire up the ps3 from Tuesday so its impossible to know how the AI " react " over the small " bomb " ,but reading your comments seems we are in big trouble .
    The Minolta was " Doom" and at Laguna as i remember one time i race with her.
    Just to be fair among the others , What's the configuration you're talking about ( except the tyres which is RH as i can see at your vid ) that makes the task so difficult ?
    To run the Tomy at 620 pp ?
    Or we can add the options of turbo which make it about 650 plus ( i think ) ?
    In a few words : what it takes to start training at hero's mod ?

PS
    You already made me stressful enough for this lesson :scared: but am not giving up .

bjl23 and nostradavor2 like this.
  2. skeagracing

skeagracing

My tune for the ZZ11
    RH tires
    Brakes
    9/10
    Sus
    95/50
    5.88/11.80
    3/5
    5/3
    3/6
    0.0/0.0
    -0.08/-0.10
    Trans
    Max Speed 180
    Final Gear 4.710
    1/ 3.012
    2/ 2.054
    3/1.511
    4/1.165
    5/0.940
    6/0.796
    Power
    Drivetrain
    5/5
    40/40
    6/5
    Front/Rear Torque Spilt
    45:55
    Power 100%
    High RPM Turbo
    Downforce
    150/350
    Weight Reduction Stage 3
    Window Reduction/Yes
    PP620
    731HP
    Power-to-weight Ration 1.25 kg/HP
    If you add the
    Engine tuning at Stage 3 that is ok (PP654) but I did not use it and ran PP620 just to make it harder for me:lol:.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    RMan72, Thematic, bjl23 and 2 others like this.
  3. skeagracing

skeagracing

Make sure you run with the lineup that has the Minolta in it!

bjl23 and smoothbore12 like this.
  4. smoothbore12

smoothbore12

Thanks Master .
    Since i already know who's on top spot ( Hugh :bowdown: ) ill try to take the second place which is like win for me and for for everyone that knows what @RMan72 mean :D

Don't know if i use RH ,just did some free run laps ( about 25) today following Hugh " path" except driving aids but when i try the race I'll know where am standing against the competition from the AI.

nostradavor2, Thematic and bjl23 like this.
  5. skeagracing

skeagracing

How do you know what @RMan72 did at the school I don't even know?? Any way you can go to PP654 with Engine Tuning Stage 3. I do not care if you do!

smoothbore12, nostradavor2 and bjl23 like this.
  6. Thematic

Thematic

As I recall I used a 35:65 split on the TK and full downforce at the front with slightly larger figure (over 200 though) rear. Transmission was "solo", if I got a good draft on the final straight it's limited.

bjl23, smoothbore12 and nostradavor2 like this.
  7. nostradavor2

nostradavor2

Mate @smoothbore12 you're making me mad :p
    You never know when Tinkerbell can suprise Boogieman :lol: (well not often) But not even a comment on last No Tune entry.. Just depressing :p :p

Anyways I'm currently playing GT5 BSpec career little bit because I have minor back and wrist injuries and driving on a wheel and specially trying to beat Hugh is not helping that to heal.

Little offtopic but I think you guys are going to like it. Found this video and reminded me a lot of Gran Turismo just better cause it's real life :p

It was great little race on Tsukuba.
    btw @skeagracing if you're going to watch it, do you think I'm crazy or the driver of 2nd Ferrari (Testarossa) was just really bad here? I honestly think I'd do better job with 512TR.

Also since my whole post is off but you guys know I can't spend much time without this place I need to say I'm proud of my BSpec team in GT5 for smashing both monster cars of 4 hrs Nurburgring with a McLaren F1 '94. I wanted to do a race report on this one and I forgot to save a replay :nervous: :banghead:

IMG_20210121_215002~2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Thematic, bjl23 and smoothbore12 like this.
  8. skeagracing

skeagracing

My humble suggestion is to leave it at PP620 and 731HP if you want to beat this race. But again do what you want.

9. smoothbore12

smoothbore12

I'll follow your advice .

@nostradavor2 if you race school, I'll be fine and at third place :p
    Since am working from 7-6 at noon all week I'll try the other events first and leave school for next week.

@bjl23 , is it true that your face has a touch of blue colour on the left side ?

Have a good day guys ,mine will find me again , sanding windows all day long :banghead: for fourth consecutive day

nostradavor2, Thematic and bjl23 like this.
  10. Thematic

Thematic

Haha, I was thinking about that yesterday (Best Motoring...). Like, maybe a Hub event where you have to match the 63 something lap. I posted a setup on GTP that fits, or will somebody try and tell me that's the heavy long winded US Ferrari?

Edit: Well, it certainly had the long gearbox, because, remembering 1st is the lower left, second to third on video occurs somewhere beyond 120 km/h, and in GT6 with the short gearing, you can get to about 90 km/h.

Lap time 1:03.73 was done by Keiichi Tsuchiya but without delving into all the videos I'm not sure if it was from the race or another time (or even car).

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  11. nostradavor2

nostradavor2

I might race school and I dont mind finishing outside P3 but I was referring to how no bravo no gif or gifa no nothing after my last No Tune win.. made me sad bro :guilty:

btw my team is just racing Nurburgring again with a McLaren but without me giving them instructions.. GT5 is really for nutjobs like me only bit I'll get that 100% :banghead:

edit @Thematic can you give me your Tsukuba time with the F40.. I might give it a go.. stock car/tires?

12. RMan72

RMan72

bjl23, nostradavor2, Thematic and 2 others like this.
  13. RMan72

RMan72

I wouldn't over tune the ZZ-II as too much power will affect the handling.

'Slow is smooth and smooth is fast' :cool:

14. smoothbore12

smoothbore12

I agree 100% on that .

bjl23, nostradavor2 and skeagracing like this.
  15. skeagracing

skeagracing

I just ran the ZZ11 with total power and it did affect the handling.

16. Thematic

Thematic

Sure. I have lost older GT replay comments, but they still have dates and they are later than the date on this posted setup. So that is what I used. In 2017 I did a 1:04.235 which I felt I should have improved on, but after many tries could not.

Since the race had a Ruf, I'll put this as bonus:
    Ruf BTR "from dealership", comfort medium. 1:06.58.

I went toyotaing yesterday, but in 50 min. couldn't get anywhere close the dented spectre. Even that time when starting velocity was 180 km/h. All the braking in the first zone was a strain as well.

17. nostradavor2

nostradavor2

thanks, I'll make a few runs next time I'll play :cheers:

18. smoothbore12

smoothbore12

After extreme work today ,i managed a day or for tomorrow .
    tenor.gif
    Feels like heaven ........

19. skeagracing

skeagracing

ZZ11 is looking for you for the win:cheers:.

nostradavor2, smoothbore12 and bjl23 like this.
  20. Failmaster21

Failmaster21

Hey guys, haven't participated since I've been swamped with school work :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:
    Hopefully I'll be back soon, but 9 hour hw sessions on the weekend say otherwise:grumpy:

21. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

Good to see you again mate, looking forward to seeing you here again.
    :cheers:

22. Racin510s

Racin510s

Shalom all. Just stopped by to say hello. I'm doing ok. Still can't drive though. Been tuning and livery design in FH4. Over 20k downloads on my designs and 2k on my tunes. I ca still help out with tunes for GT 6 if there is a need. I do it for Noel. See ya around.
    Barnabas

23. smoothbore12

smoothbore12

Early in the morning again , drinking my coffee but this time am going to my bed again :lol: and not for work.
    Yesterday a give an hour at no tune and after the first couple of races i was trying to get my way up ,among smoke and screaming tyres .
    IMG_20210123_205513.jpg

Having as reference @Thematic time ( ok am sure he didn't try it enough ) at 5.14 i start like this
    IMG_20210123_203518.jpg

Several races after and with BB at 5-7 the smoke was increased and end up like this.
    IMG_20210123_210741.jpg

Not much left for me out there since i had only one time better first lap from 2.34 mid-low at 2.33 high .
    Its a like a 2 laps TT since the AI didn't affect at all your race and i was surprised from the long Jag how well can handle creating a " smokey territory " at Stone.

Happy to see you again and occupied Barnavas .

Noel i might have the school today but is no a promise ,since i never did the race to see what is like ,only free run laps to get the feeling of the far and where i can go .
    @bjl23 ask @Failmaster21 to design a round to keep him busy :D

24. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

Love driving these old cars

NO-TUNE
    IMG_20210124_130119.jpg

TOYOTA MEETS DALLAS, CALIFORNIA
    IMG_20210124_130031.jpg IMG_20210124_130012.jpg

25. smoothbore12

smoothbore12

Spend some time on Dallas but not able to see California .
    I might " catch " The Saint but i doubt about boss Bryce .
    There is time yet but seems Laguna and I we have a problem , especially at first turn braking zone.
    IMG_20210124_120822.jpg

Attached Files:

26. Thematic

Thematic

Forever a mystery to me.

27. Failmaster21

Failmaster21

Once I do some chores around the house, I may actually do this round's challenges :eek::eek::scared::scared:
    I may also test out the changed settings for the whole GP Legends series I wanted to do

smoothbore12, skeagracing and bjl23 like this.
  28. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

That first corner is very tricky to get right especially with no ABS. I played with my brake balance a fair bit, I think I ended up on 3-5 and I used the soft suspension.

29. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

30. smoothbore12

smoothbore12

Its a " spot" that you can gain or lose time at that turn but i never found the way to get it right .
    I might lower my time a bit but what history tells is that @bjl23 is damn good on that track right from the beginning .
    I spend an hour to go from 33s to 31 high but only one time i was faster than my ghost on that turn and lose it couple of turns later .
    While at no tune " boss" and I we are so close on 5 minute run ,here - again - happens to be way faster from the beginning .
    Lets see and the one who design the event .

I run 3 races for school yesterday noon but that Minolta breathing on my neck and force me to errors
    So i have to deal with it that week .

Have a good week guys.