THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Try the grid with the Toyota Minolta that one is a trip and a half. And if anybody runs that lineup I’ll be watching and cheering on to the finish line. If you win with the Minolta in the lineup you have an incredible chance of ending up in P1 barring other circumstances.

Didn't fire up the ps3 from Tuesday so its impossible to know how the AI " react " over the small " bomb " ,but reading your comments seems we are in big trouble .
The Minolta was " Doom" and at Laguna as i remember one time i race with her.
Just to be fair among the others , What's the configuration you're talking about ( except the tyres which is RH as i can see at your vid ) that makes the task so difficult ?
To run the Tomy at 620 pp ?
Or we can add the options of turbo which make it about 650 plus ( i think ) ?
In a few words : what it takes to start training at hero's mod ?

PS
You already made me stressful enough for this lesson :scared: but am not giving up .

Didn't fire up the ps3 from Tuesday so its impossible to know how the AI " react " over the small " bomb " ,but reading your comments seems we are in big trouble .
Just to be fair among the others , What's the configuration you're talking about ( except the tyres which is RH as i can see at your vid ) that makes the task so difficult ?

PS
You already made me stressful enough for this lesson :scared: but am not giving up .
My tune for the ZZ11
RH tires
Brakes
9/10
Sus
95/50
5.88/11.80
3/5
5/3
3/6
0.0/0.0
-0.08/-0.10
Trans
Max Speed 180
Final Gear 4.710
1/ 3.012
2/ 2.054
3/1.511
4/1.165
5/0.940
6/0.796
Power
Drivetrain
5/5
40/40
6/5
Front/Rear Torque Spilt
45:55
Power 100%
High RPM Turbo
Downforce
150/350
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Reduction/Yes
PP620
731HP
Power-to-weight Ration 1.25 kg/HP
If you add the
Engine tuning at Stage 3 that is ok (PP654) but I did not use it and ran PP620 just to make it harder for me:lol:.

Last edited:

PS
Make sure you run with the lineup that has the Minolta in it!

Make sure you run with the lineup that has the Minolta in it!

Thanks Master .
Since i already know who's on top spot ( Hugh :bowdown: ) ill try to take the second place which is like win for me and for for everyone that knows what @RMan72 mean :D

Don't know if i use RH ,just did some free run laps ( about 25) today following Hugh " path" except driving aids but when i try the race I'll know where am standing against the competition from the AI.

Thanks Master .
Since i already know who's on top spot ( Hugh :bowdown: ) ill try to take the second place which is like win for me and for for everyone that knows what @RMan72 mean :D

Don't know if i use RH ,just did some free run laps ( about 25) today following Hugh " path" except driving aids but when i try the race I'll know where am standing against the competition from the AI.
How do you know what @RMan72 did at the school I don't even know?? Any way you can go to PP654 with Engine Tuning Stage 3. I do not care if you do!

Thanks Master .

Mate @smoothbore12 you're making me mad :P
You never know when Tinkerbell can suprise Boogieman :lol: (well not often) But not even a comment on last No Tune entry.. Just depressing :P :P

Anyways I'm currently playing GT5 BSpec career little bit because I have minor back and wrist injuries and driving on a wheel and specially trying to beat Hugh is not helping that to heal.

Little offtopic but I think you guys are going to like it. Found this video and reminded me a lot of Gran Turismo just better cause it's real life :P

It was great little race on Tsukuba.
btw @skeagracing if you're going to watch it, do you think I'm crazy or the driver of 2nd Ferrari (Testarossa) was just really bad here? I honestly think I'd do better job with 512TR.

Also since my whole post is off but you guys know I can't spend much time without this place I need to say I'm proud of my BSpec team in GT5 for smashing both monster cars of 4 hrs Nurburgring with a McLaren F1 '94. I wanted to do a race report on this one and I forgot to save a replay :nervous: :banghead:

IMG_20210121_215002~2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Master .

My humble suggestion is to leave it at PP620 and 731HP if you want to beat this race. But again do what you want.

My humble suggestion is to leave it at PP620 and 731HP if you want to beat this race. But again do what you want.
I'll follow your advice .

@nostradavor2 if you race school, I'll be fine and at third place :P
Since am working from 7-6 at noon all week I'll try the other events first and leave school for next week.

@bjl23 , is it true that your face has a touch of blue colour on the left side ?

Have a good day guys ,mine will find me again , sanding windows all day long :banghead: for fourth consecutive day

It was great little race on Tsukuba.

Haha, I was thinking about that yesterday (Best Motoring...). Like, maybe a Hub event where you have to match the 63 something lap. I posted a setup on GTP that fits, or will somebody try and tell me that's the heavy long winded US Ferrari?

Edit: Well, it certainly had the long gearbox, because, remembering 1st is the lower left, second to third on video occurs somewhere beyond 120 km/h, and in GT6 with the short gearing, you can get to about 90 km/h.

Lap time 1:03.73 was done by Keiichi Tsuchiya but without delving into all the videos I'm not sure if it was from the race or another time (or even car).

Last edited:
I'll follow your advice .

@nostradavor2 if you race school, I'll be fine and at third place :P
Since am working from 7-6 at noon all week I'll try the other events first and leave school for next week.

@bjl23 , is it true that your face has a touch of blue colour on the left side ?

Have a good day guys ,mine will find me again , sanding windows all day long :banghead: for fourth consecutive day

I might race school and I dont mind finishing outside P3 but I was referring to how no bravo no gif or gifa no nothing after my last No Tune win.. made me sad bro :guilty:

btw my team is just racing Nurburgring again with a McLaren but without me giving them instructions.. GT5 is really for nutjobs like me only bit I'll get that 100% :banghead:

edit @Thematic can you give me your Tsukuba time with the F40.. I might give it a go.. stock car/tires?

Last edited:
edit @Thematic can you give me your Tsukuba time with the F40.. I might give it a go.. stock car/tires?
Sure. I have lost older GT replay comments, but they still have dates and they are later than the date on this posted setup. So that is what I used. In 2017 I did a 1:04.235 which I felt I should have improved on, but after many tries could not.

Since the race had a Ruf, I'll put this as bonus:
Ruf BTR "from dealership", comfort medium. 1:06.58.

I went toyotaing yesterday, but in 50 min. couldn't get anywhere close the dented spectre. Even that time when starting velocity was 180 km/h. All the braking in the first zone was a strain as well.

Last edited:
Sure. I have lost older GT replay comments, but they still have dates and they are later than the date on this posted setup. So that is what I used. In 2017 I did a 1:04.235 which I felt I should have improved on, but after many tries could not.

Since the race had a Ruf, I'll put this as bonus:
Ruf BTR "from dealership", comfort medium. 1:06.58.

I went toyotaing yesterday, but in 50 min. couldn't get anywhere close the dented spectre. Even that time when starting velocity was 180 km/h. All the braking in the first zone was a strain as well.

thanks, I'll make a few runs next time I'll play :cheers:

Early in the morning again , drinking my coffee but this time am going to my bed again :lol: and not for work.
Yesterday a give an hour at no tune and after the first couple of races i was trying to get my way up ,among smoke and screaming tyres .
IMG_20210123_205513.jpg

Having as reference @Thematic time ( ok am sure he didn't try it enough ) at 5.14 i start like this
IMG_20210123_203518.jpg

Several races after and with BB at 5-7 the smoke was increased and end up like this.
IMG_20210123_210741.jpg

Not much left for me out there since i had only one time better first lap from 2.34 mid-low at 2.33 high .
Its a like a 2 laps TT since the AI didn't affect at all your race and i was surprised from the long Jag how well can handle creating a " smokey territory " at Stone.

Happy to see you again and occupied Barnavas .

Noel i might have the school today but is no a promise ,since i never did the race to see what is like ,only free run laps to get the feeling of the far and where i can go .
@bjl23 ask @Failmaster21 to design a round to keep him busy :D

Early in the morning again , drinking my coffee but this time am going to my bed again :lol: and not for work.
Yesterday a give an hour at no tune and after the first couple of races i was trying to get my way up ,among smoke and screaming tyres .
View attachment 986767

Having as reference @Thematic time ( ok am sure he didn't try it enough ) at 5.14 i start like this
View attachment 986768

Several races after and with BB at 5-7 the smoke was increased and end up like this.
View attachment 986769

Not much left for me out there since i had only one time better first lap from 2.34 mid-low at 2.33 high .
Its a like a 2 laps TT since the AI didn't affect at all your race and i was surprised from the long Jag how well can handle creating a " smokey territory " at Stone.

Happy to see you again and occupied Barnavas .

Noel i might have the school today but is no a promise ,since i never did the race to see what is like ,only free run laps to get the feeling of the far and where i can go .
@bjl23 ask @Failmaster21 to design a round to keep him busy :D
Once I do some chores around the house, I may actually do this round's challenges :eek::eek::scared::scared:
I may also test out the changed settings for the whole GP Legends series I wanted to do

Forever a mystery to me.

Its a " spot" that you can gain or lose time at that turn but i never found the way to get it right .
I might lower my time a bit but what history tells is that @bjl23 is damn good on that track right from the beginning .
I spend an hour to go from 33s to 31 high but only one time i was faster than my ghost on that turn and lose it couple of turns later .
While at no tune " boss" and I we are so close on 5 minute run ,here - again - happens to be way faster from the beginning .
Lets see and the one who design the event .

I run 3 races for school yesterday noon but that Minolta breathing on my neck and force me to errors
So i have to deal with it that week .

Have a good week guys.

Latest Posts

Back