THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Well done to all the entrants last round and a big welcome to the new comers.
Here was my school entry

I'm going on a little hiatus from the Hub for a bit, but remember the Boogieman will strike when you least expect it and I'm
UTVD.gif

:mad:

Last edited:
Well done to all the entrants last round and a big welcome to the new comers.
Here was my school entry

I'm going on a little hiatus from the Hub for a bit, but remember the Boogieman will strike when you least expect it and I'm
View attachment 1003903
:mad:

Don't be off to long mate, we might start missing you or something. :)

--------------

Had a quick go at this rounds challenges.

NO-TUNE
Just did 1 race.
Good fun this one, even tho we have to take a fair bit of power out the car it still keeps the thumbs busy.

IMG_20210412_203449.jpg

PAELLA vs CHORIZO
5 lap stint only.
IMG_20210412_203425.jpg
IMG_20210412_203405.jpg

Wow , i wasn't expect this coming on school after so many days of absence on school and the hub in general.
The truth is that wasn't go fast from the beginning and i was waiting the right spot to make my overtakes eliminating the danger of a touch or bad moments .
Thanks for your comments @Racin510s and yours Master .
Here is my entry

PS
A warm welcome again to all the new members and congratulations to all participants on this round.
Hope to enjoy the new one and at the invitational hope the paella guys of div2 to shine over chorizo guys of div 1 .

Your best race car driving since the school started. I’m extremely proud of you and how far you’ve come and how patient you have become towards the end of the race. Congratulations big guy:cheers:!!

Oh, thanks @Racin510s @skeagracing . I considered only the first two laps to be decent, but I suppose lap 1 is where the action is in these.

Congratulations @smoothbore12 !
My effort:
Youtube
Thanks Saint , hope next time to be the opposite .
You're always present at school and i guess its matter of time to hit top spot .
Difficult car the last one , difficult track the next one ,see you at the mountains :cheers:

Paella Vs Chorizo - D2
1:26.6

The Toyota revs at least 500 rpm higher than you feel it has any business at, which makes it so that it isn't immediately clear whether the slower part in the middle is better with all second gear.
My favourite turn with this combo is the fast left in the lap's first half.

Let me predict...

showstopper.jpg

Somebody will involuntarily graze the showstopper (impedimento).

Attachments

• pvsc_board.jpg
    pvsc_board.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 13
  • pvsc_trk.jpg
    pvsc_trk.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Paella vs Chorizo
Took me enough runs to pass my previous top time from the past .
Its an old challenge that i was planning but i chose it this time and you can see it on leaderboard.
Anyway was about to quite while i was fractions in front of Saint which is very good when no aids involve ,but i was a bit pissed cause i never manage to take the second turn right so i keep going and at the end proved that am right.
Just need to hit throttle in certain point to oversteer the car all the way till take the turn , lift the off and understeer occurs that throw you out of line .
Anyway am quite pleased cause wasn't easy at all.
IMG_20210414_204921.jpg

IMG_20210414_204833.jpg

Paella vs Chorizo
Took me enough runs to pass my previous top time from the past .
Its an old challenge that i was planning but i chose it this time and you can see it on leaderboard.
Anyway was about to quite while i was fractions in front of Saint which is very good when no aids involve ,but i was a bit pissed cause i never manage to take the second turn right so i keep going and at the end proved that am right.
Just need to hit throttle in certain point to oversteer the car all the way till take the turn , lift the off and understeer occurs that throw you out of line .
Anyway am quite pleased cause wasn't easy at all.
View attachment 1004398
View attachment 1004399
:scared:this laps with skid recovery on bro:confused:
IMG_20210415_154619.jpg

:scared:this laps with skid recovery on bro:confused:View attachment 1004718

Yea but the TT is aids free except ABS :D
I choose the cars which was similar on hp- weight ( much or less) and of course i give what was faster in my hands to div2 players .
Also i chose no aids cause many of us( not me :lol: ) don't like to use them and at testing both cars was drivable so i thought it will be cool and " fair " giving the opportunity to div2 win over the " monsters" :cheers: .

Two in.
No tune/83.
6:33.588
Just the very first race. No assists.
Here we have the first lap, as it was "over" at the end of it AFAIAC.
edit: This is one of the few occasions where the game gives very nice audio: jump.
--
Paella vs Chorizo
1:26.159
I was more alert than previously, but on the flipside the wheel shifters were not working properly, so I couldn't keep going. Even in this lap there was at least one doubleshift.

Attachments

• notune_results.jpg
    notune_results.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 11
  • pvsc_board.jpg
    pvsc_board.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 11
  • pvsc_trk.jpg
    pvsc_trk.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I started and stopped with racing school this morning, and let me tell you, if you do not enjoy tuning, then don't even start with that. The RGT is very good stock. I put a twin plate clutch and chipped the engine, thinking I would avoid setup worries, but the power addition came with a price: climbing the hill, the rpm has to be really high or you will lose time. But definitely try the race at least once, even if you can't share the replay. Those are my recommendations.

Its seems that you adapt easy on this one according to your board starting a second down from what everybody started till now .
Grate ride mate and after mixing your avatar ,where you from and your driving skills i officially give you the nickname ......... " Hayabusa "
View attachment 1005241
Thank you! I really like that nickname hehehe, and well, I already had experience in the past running in a format like this, it was on facebook but we ran in GT4, there I met Mario8cha (terminator) and I ran with him in a group that we had on fb , then I made the transition to GT6 and we established similar parameters and created events to challenge ourselves very similar to the ones made here

As extra information I indicate that my handling is done with the DS3, and I do not use the levers, I use the pads and buttons as if it were a classic nintendo hahaha
That make us two ,as i also run this way :lol:
Sticks are for decoration reasons at my ds3 pad.

As for the " Hayabusa " ( your avatar help me :lol: ) its the name of a falcon that happens to be the fastest animal on earth as he can dive with more than 300khm !!!! .
Its the peregrine falcon :D

That make us two ,as i also run this way :lol:
Sticks are for decoration reasons at my ds3 pad.

As for the " Hayabusa " ( your avatar help me :lol: ) its the name of a falcon that happens to be the fastest animal on earth as he can dive with more than 300khm !!!! .
Its the peregrine falcon :D
wow! I did not know, I did not know it! I thought it was the name of a samurai or something like that, because the first thing that came to mind was a suzuki hayabusa hahaha

Back