THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
DarlingAlienatedIrukandjijellyfish-max-1mb.gif

Happy new year to all the kids on the block .
Last year , " teach" us to respect the little common things that we took for granted and finally we loose them ,even temporarily ( At least i hope to be temporarily ) .
The road to GT7 is getting " shorter" i guess but till then our hub will be alive and kicking .
I want to express my respects to all the guys - present and non present - that took part in our hub and for their contribution to make pleasant and joyful challenges over the past years.

Be safe ,be active and enjoy what you " have " as long you have it cause nobody knows what tomorrow will bring .
Cheers guys
:cheers:

First day of the year and i spent more than hour this afternoon at devil's road.
Try different fields , improve my lap record but never managed the consistency needed to put my best laps together.
Anyway i did improve a bit but judging from my best first lap ( 1.18 dead ) i never get two laps more at 1.15s .

Devil's road update ( i guess devil's doesn't sound that good these days )
IMG_20210101_200649.jpg

Since i don't know what's next school lesson might be ( hope none from what i saw lately :ill: ) ill tty again the next couple of days and might even prepare my self for a future challenge when my turn comes again.

Babis so for No Tune you chose off-road challenge? :P

took me some some races to beat your time, choked to beat 5.00 but didn't feel like doing this again :lol:

View attachment 982482

edit:

also Bryce @bjl23 can I get the "DRIVER" trophy please for GW? :P

:lol: :lol:
Damn you make it off road challenge , i didn't get that " wild " at my laps .
Perhaps you loose your form Tinkerbell or the earthquake affect your skills for a while .
When i was about to design the event i remember that i reach 5.01 plus but never copy it when i play it back.
I change few fields to find where i can get best sleepstreming advantage and keep me close to the strong frontrunner .
If the frontrunner was " alone" i couldn't catch him .
Am surprised that you didn't brake the 5.00 min. mark cause i never managed to take Remus and Wurth as fast as i could .
Anyway am happy to follow your time at devil's road ..... even if i know that wasn't your true potential .
I was soooo lazy these days , didn't even open my ps3 today and i guess everyone was at the same mood cause no action occurs .
Have a good " first week " guys.

Well I'm definitely rusty little bit since I turned on my PS only twice since GW event ended. I played only GT Legends on my old laptop little bit and Power and Glory for GTR2 was trying to learn whole Targa Florio circuit and beat lap record with 911 RSR from '73 but failed due to engine exploding all the time. Than was little bit tricky to get fast from the start on Gran Turismo plus I'm really not good at this 2 circuits, the one from Devil's road I played last time on GT3 I think and Red Bull Ring I only played for Crossover cup we had. But still I think you got more fast than I got rusty even tho on Devils Road 46 is definitely possible.. and 56 probably on no tune.. but still.. IMO you are div1 driver more than div2 :P
Specially if you didn't exploit RB Ring as I did and stayed on the track.. If so, my time can be disqualified

edit: Thanks Bryce for adding the trophy so quick :cheers:

Last edited:
No tune/75.
5:14.387

--
Took the opportunity to run the Ruf am Ring (from signature) but while I eventually had a not terrible pace, I lost control just before Hedwigshöhe. I think I did a sub 8.10 zero/1/2 times in 2020.

BTR on CM?
I might try that one.
I think on GT6 I'll leave only BTR and Ferrari BB in garage to run on the Ring (try to brake my records) since I found those 2 cars most fun to drive in the game. I'd really like to make few laps online with you with this 2 cars on the Ring. Also if you have some PC (it can be really bad one) you could try to play Power and Glory 3.2 with Ring mod and also GT Legends with tons of mods, I think you might like it. Through that game I liked the Porsche for the first time, also they have all of the original ones like the ones in this great real life footage.

Ill stop with offtopic now, go to sleep and hope Boogieman doesn't show up so I can take this cheeky wins on my come back.
Have a good night /day guys

Damn ,this round is :banghead: :scared: :boggled:
F1 car , Snowmobile and Spira at Laguna .
I didn't get the coin at new year's pie ......:banghead:

Davor you are move closer to div2 ,not me at dv1 :lol:

Here is my school run , hard one cause needed to stay on land at first part .
I hear many times the engine rev on idle at this point.

You were super smooth at the school....Bravo for your P 1. I did not get the coin that was hidden in the pita:)

No tune/76.
1:12.045 (or is it?)
25 laps in and still looking for the right line. "Bank" turn is a first gear deal, I feel. Lap 24 was blue/72.701.
--

@nostradavor2 I haven't heard of that game. I recently got Mudrunner and it has force feedback, although I don't think there's effects (coming through).

Attachments

• notune_results.jpg
    notune_results.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Well, Dallas and I blew 2mil of our hard-earned on the PD F1 car to race at Madrid. He did 2 laps. I did 2 laps. We looked at each other in silence. Both thinking the same but not wanting to say it.

Five minutes later we were ragging a 250 GTO round the ring.

Sorry guys, but I don't think there will be a time posted for this one.

To make matters worse, neither of us are Finnish, so ice racing isn't our thing. Not that we can afford the Quatro anyway after blowing our budget on the F1 debacle.

I have some hope for Oulim. Might be Dallas's first school entry.

Last edited:
As @slybynight described above i try to check F1 car yesterday and i came face to face with humiliation since i couldn't complete a single lap without using reverse multiple times :crazy: .
Didn't try race at all .
So i took the Audi , change oil ( didn't change them at first place) , put out TC and start the " fight" between white and red laps .
I find out that at the first part including the uphill vert fast corner that follows after that,you don't need to brake at all !!!!
At the end it became more entertaining than i thought and keep me running with the aim to take the low speed sector " right " without bunching everywhere left and right .
I think am close to my limits where i stop .
I might upload a vid to help @Thematic on this one which i thought will be significant quicker than me since has the drift running in his veins .

IMG_20210105_214228.jpg

If that's accurate (without costing time) when doing no assists, I might as well return the S licence. But it's a fact that there's time to be found in several places, yet.

Its 100% accurate , by meaning that you don't brake at all and just lift of throttle .
Besides i didn't wrote full throttle , just no need to brake at all .
The TT is meant to be done using the courtesy car not a purchased one. @bjl23 can you confirm this?

I wasn't aware of that Hugh ,so my time doesn't count since i run both times the one i had .
Perhaps Bryce forget to " clear " the courtesy car use.
So the fun will continue ( i guess) since except power the courtesy car remains the same .

Last edited:
Since my no tune run was invalid ,just grab the chance to do a quick stint with courtesy car and shoot a small vid for The Saint to see what's like no brakes use at first part plus.

Whit one small " shave" at low speed exit without TC ( noticeable there) i have no complains about that lap.
Watching someone the brake indicator will notice one good brake and a small tap for the hall lap.

IMG_20210106_130115.jpg

IMG_20210106_125824.jpg

PS
Tonight am gonna travel at Kythyra for work for two days so no run till Saturday from me.
Still I'll have my new phone ( hope and the time ) to be with our lovely gang .

Last edited:
Back