THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
OK, I have scraped the round results here from when I joined (if its worthwhile, I may well go back further).
Some interesting stats come out at the very early stages that support what I am trying to say!!!

In the last 18 rounds of no-tune.....

View attachment 1002774

I think this confirms that Div 1 is a very lonely place.

I sadly miss @fordlaser . He is the third Div1 person in round 64. I am still in contact with him on PM, but I don't know if he will return.... we all know who the other 2 Div1 players are (@nostradavor2 , @RMan72 )!!! I love them both, and their performances deserve a division of their own. But as things stand, all the rest of us in Div2 squabble about with greater or lesser success and little reward or incentive. Which brings me on to my next statistic.....

No-tune victories in Div2 (since round 64)

View attachment 1002775

The 2 active players in Div1 are always going to be there - they are a skill level above the rest of us. But @smoothbore12 has clearly put in the effort here!

I think I'm talking myself into a 3 Div solution, or even better, some sort of "average weighting" so we can all compete against each-other.

I suspect some of the new boys' upcoming results might add weight to these propositions.

Just to be clear, I am not interested in creating an underclass, or a group of superhumans, it would just be nice to introduce a competitive incentive to race more and improve through a reward system. To help further that goal, I would attempt to reward participation... but that needs a bit more thought and time alone with my newly-grabbed stats, and an analysis of the timings/results!!!!

... I'll keep working on it.
I would really love to come back to the Hub my friend but sadly I sold my G29, and now I have a Fanatec wheel and I can't use it on the PS3. I have my rig and Gran Turismo Sport in one room, and in my other room I have my PS3 setup with GT5 & GT6 but there is no room for another wheel, so I have to use a DS3 which I am not that good using it.
The room where I have my PS3 I have not got my Elgato game capture card setup, because that is in the other room and I got nothing to take pictures if I join the Hub again.
Perhaps I may end up putting the Elgato game capture card in where I got my PS3, and joining the hub again to do some events using a DS3 and losing my Div 1, because I am not that good on a DS3 as yet.

UPDATE of my lap in GREEN HELL CHALLENGE HUB :eek: 8:05.576

Attachments

• Gran Turismo®6.png
    Gran Turismo®6.png
    90 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
@FlowSadico you're damn fast from the beginning .
You're not far from div1 league but we will soon know about it .
Great ride mate :cheers:

As for my Easter egg race and how i accomplish the mission .
I play this with more than 10 line ups.
Usually i was with 5-7 eggs on the basket at first 4-5 different grids.
So i put power at 50% before enter the race but again the front runners was out of reach .
So i quite that idea too and just start changing field and i was lucky on this one .
Perhaps @nostradavor2 time will get him close to a win but it's all about luck rather than driving skills.
My best time overall was this one ( and always at professional level that stays like this from the moment i discover it long time ago)
View attachment 1002710

That one was the slowest field that i find trying to ender with less power but finally the " machine " give me the proper AI without need to do anything .

Back to basics now and am loading to enter school.......
Haha thanks my friend! :cheers:

After trying to get good grid with eggs (no luck) I tried TVR for one last time instead of doing no tune. Someone will probably beat me but I'm happy with this lap and I hope someone will watch the vid :odd: There is still much time to gain but anyways. I'll also put setup here in 2nd video and confirmation of no aids used.

IMG_20210407_161535~2.jpg

It's quite difficult ( perhaps impossible ) to be all together in one division @slybynight .
There is not a standard part that you can change to make things " equal " .
As for me ,i might have some victories more than my mates but thats mostly that i play more time than them and some times am more persistent than them .
Sometimes the car - track compo help me ( and amuze me also ) to try it harder and the opposite happens when difficult ,icey car occurs that I can't control via ps3 pad.
To race without have the possibility to grab a single win its not something that someone wants , its the type of challenges that must give the possibility for someone to win and i think that till now its working a bit at least at div2 .
We are not so many people ( yet ) here but every one have the " right " to design a challenge according to what he likes or prefer.
Usually i prefer challenges that are not " hard" to do them fighting to stay on tarmac ,but am playing whats on the table every time and am not complaining ( short of :lol: ) .
My measure here is @bjl23 , its more skilled than me ( not that much :D ) but i have way more time to deal with a challenge than him or at least i had till now.

So when happens to beat me or we're very close ( talking mostly about no tune) i know that was a good challenge .
Div1 players are most of the times one grade up ( sometimes two) on tyre than div2 players from what most of the results show .
The only place that you could beat a div1 player is at the school but on the other hand when you see Boogieman competing with no aids at all ( except ABS ) watching his videos ,you realise than this guy deserves the first place anyway .
By the way at the upcoming round ( that i design ) the invitational is with two different cars for each division but we all race against each other ,plus i choose no aids to please and those who don't like to use them anyway.
Hope to be enjoyable and the div2 players have the opportunity to win ( i guess).

After trying to get good grid with eggs (no luck) I tried TVR for one last time instead of doing no tune. Someone will probably beat me but I'm happy with this lap and I hope someone will watch the vid :odd: There is still much time to gain but anyways. I'll also put setup here in 2nd video and confirmation of no aids used.

View attachment 1002848

Not funny at all
83ed97b7329b37afe0c6b2f51bf30c31.jpg

Last edited:
No tune update
IMG_20210408_204446.jpg

IMG_20210408_204339.jpg

Just spoil a lap at 18s mid cause i faqed up on the final S and red my lap :banghead:
I might try it again cause the " smell " of 18s is quite close to my noose .
As about the invitational am sorry but i can't chasing a white lap in such a long track driving on " ice" .
I understand fully that some of my mates " love" that scenario but i prefer punish my self with something else instead of this .
:cheers:

No tune update
View attachment 1003111

View attachment 1003112

Just spoil a lap at 18s mid cause i faqed up on the final S and red my lap :banghead:
As about the invitational am sorry but i can't chasing a white lap in such a long track driving on " ice" .
I understand fully that some of my mates " love" that scenario but i prefer punish my self with something else instead of this .

to be honest, I hated it too.. don't know why I'm doing that to myself :lol:
worst thing is that at the end Paddy or Hugh are going to smash my time which smashed everyone else :boggled:
easter egg also wasn't fun. how to find grid that runs 2.07 is beyond me :nervous:

regarding the no tune, I did time on my broken pad.. but doesn't really have any meaning to post it since it was 2.23 or something like that (left button is always pushed :lol:) so that's probably it from me ob this round.

Good to see many entries, good to see Paddy back also :dunce::dunce::cheers:

to be honest, I hated it too.. don't know why I'm doing that to myself :lol:
worst thing is that at the end Paddy or Hugh are going to smash my time which smashed everyone else :boggled:
easter egg also wasn't fun. how to find grid that runs 2.07 is beyond me :nervous:

regarding the no tune, I did time on my broken pad.. but doesn't really have any meaning to post it since it was 2.23 or something like that (left button is always pushed :lol:) so that's probably it from me ob this round.

Good to see many entries, good to see Paddy back also :dunce::dunce::cheers:

About Easter egg deffinetly is hard to find a slow grid on professional level since arcade's mod mixed up things in a crazy manner ( short of ) and you can find cars on different type of tyres and performance .
Unless fastest time is what we ask , everything else is mostly a roulet .

About Easter egg deffinetly is hard to find a slow grid on professional level since arcade's mod mixed up things in a crazy manner ( short of ) and you can find cars on different type of tyres and performance .

Didn't even know about different tyres. I was happy to see s2000 up front today when I loaded it and than it did 2.01... also found celica.. 2.03.. gordini is 2.03 also i think.. I don't know if i could find something above 2.05 even if I restart the game whole day.. s800 honda does 2.00...with 98hp.. that Gazoo thing is slow tho but gets overtaken by everything.. I'm worried now why I know that much about this race :lol: I'm not sure about my mental health :lol:

No tune update
View attachment 1003111

View attachment 1003112

Calm down when you get close to the end and you will win and get your 18.

:lol: :lol:
Yes in arcade mod ,not all the cars race on same tyres , i had notice that in the past by watching the replay when i was trying to design some events .
Also i think @FlowSadico margin can't be broken ,was very lucky on this one .

:lol: :lol:
Yes in arcade mod ,not all the cars race on same tyres , i had notice that in the past by watching the replay when i was trying to design some events .
Also i think @FlowSadico margin can't be broken ,was very lucky on this one .

I think it can because he drove 2.03 I think, so basically someone needs to be just little bit faster than me and find 2.04 grid (someone = Hugh) so he'll probably beat that margin.

btw I'll be back tomorrow afternoon at home so no more posts from me this round

small fight I had online with DTM cars for the end :P

Last edited:
iu

Welcome @Numbuh 4 !!!
That's quite an entrance! But no reason not to extend to you the customary greetings and warm welcome!
I know I'm not the best arbiter of photo's, but they look legit to me and I for one, would love to see the video - not in an accusatory way, you understand, but in an "appreciation of outstanding driving" type-of-way.

There is a slight danger, that you might have poked the Boogieman (@RMan72 ).
iu

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome :). I'll upload the replay file here so u can import it into GT6. Copy the PS3 folder inside of the .zip onto an USB or some sort of external storage (the device needs to be in FAT32 file system for the PS3 to read it). On the PS3, go to Game > Saved Data Utility (PS3) > USB Device, press triangle on the replay and copy it to the PS3. Open GT6, enter the Gallery, go to the right side of the screen and press Open List, then import the replay from there.

Attachments

• spa gtr.zip
    427.3 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the welcome :). I'll upload the replay file here so u can import it into GT6. Copy the PS3 folder inside of the .zip onto an USB or some sort of external storage (the device needs to be in FAT32 file system for the PS3 to read it). On the PS3, go to Game > Saved Data Utility (PS3) > USB Device, press triangle on the replay and copy it to the PS3. Open GT6, enter the Gallery, go to the right side of the screen and press Open List, then import the replay from there.
Hello and welcome to the challenge hub and Div 1.
What an entrance :bowdown:, Is there any chance you can upload your replay to YouTube and post it here?.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask 👍.

Sorry I'm late guys.

giphy.gif

ONLY 21 AND A HALF HOURS LEFT

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 82

DIV 1
@Numbuh 4 2:13.033
@paddycars1 2:15.232

DIV 2
@FlowSadico 2:16.753
@slybynight 2:17.431
@Aramislegacy 2:18.720
@smoothbore12 2:19.113
@bjl23 2:21.286
@Thematic 2:22.350

--------------

BUDGET TYRE BULLDOG IN GREEN HELL

@nostradavor2 7:48.913
@paddycars1 7:54.614
@FlowSadico 8:05.576
@Thematic 8:08.924
@slybynight 8:20.172
@Aramislegacy 8:33.300

---------------

EASTER EGG HUNT

@FlowSadico 9 eggs - 4.697
@smoothbore12 9 eggs - 1.124
@nostradavor2 9 eggs - .361
@bjl23 7 eggs
@Thematic 6 eggs
@Aramislegacy 6 eggs

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#54

Please send your replays to @skeagracing

------------------

YAY!!!

I'M Still the champion!!!!!...

.... of the no-tune, TT, old Div2 old crowd ....before the new Div 2 players joined (not forgetting the Div1 new joiners, so blatantly, ridiculously over-skilled beyond my ability) who are soon to be promoted to Div 1 maybe/(hopefully)............oh what's the point?.....

......I'll get my coat.......

Last edited:
Hi. I was told about these challenges by slybynight, thought I would try the GTR on Spa no tune challenge and get to use my wheel a bit. Took the pictures with my Elgato HD60S. I also saved the replay if it should be needed.

Welcome to our hub @Numbuh 4 , your entrance create a lot of " noise" already and am sure that many of us - i put first @slybynight - start with the well-known : what the faq !!!!! which continue with the appropriate emotion of despair
giphy (5).gif

Of course we will use to it and at the end we will be proud that we have information first hand about the weather and news from March or the other planets in our solar system :lol: :lol:
@slybynight I've heard that already subscribe to a new channel thanks to you and he starts to send invitation to the rest of us ..........
tenor (5).gif

Since you save the replay you will upload it ( yes you will :D ) using your phone or whatever and creating your channel at you tube since is very easy to do it ( i did so your excuses are over :lol: ) and as the time goes by you will start reveal us things that we don't know about your planet ,things as : what are you eating ,how you move from one place to another, are your girls pretty as ours ,etc :lol:

Welcome mate
tenor (6).gif

Edit
Just from curiosity .....
Looking that way
RemarkableOblongBigmouthbass-size_restricted.gif

Its hard to pick up girls in our planet or is just my impression ?

Last edited:
Back