THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Relax guys.. Paddy just did lap or two.. Paddy can you please beat this guy if you have time today ;)
I don't know what Paddy or Hugh can bring ,but me am struggling to get under 19s while this guy started at 14s straight away.
Anyway is not my pain :lol: as i got my 18s early this morning .
IMG_20210411_115449.jpg

IMG_20210411_113912.jpg

And after that am closing the chapter of no tune this round :rolleyes:
6 seconds behind the best time is not easy to " digest" even with a dozen of coca cola :lol:
@bjl23 i watch your vid and i was " all hears " at your audience :lol:
You are a hero racing like that

I don't know what Paddy or Hugh can bring ,but me am struggling to get under 19s while this guy started at 14s straight away.
Anyway is not my pain :lol: as i got my 18s early this morning .
View attachment 1003716
View attachment 1003717

And after that am closing the chapter of no tune this round :rolleyes:
6 seconds behind the best time is not easy to " digest" even with a dozen of coca cola :lol:
@bjl23 i watch your vid and i was " all hears " at your audience :lol:
You are a hero racing like that

Since it's SPA I think Paddy could be somewhere around that time, maybe even win, but I think I now I recognize who could he be so I think Boogieman will have nightmares.. If Ilef (Il.els) joins too, div1 is going to be proper chaos :odd:

@slybynight so you decided to bring fastest guy from discord while rest of div1 wasn't prepared.. nice move :P .. I'll ram you of the track when I see you online next time :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome all, I see there has been a few messages since I last checked lol. I could have uploaded a video to youtube, but I figured it would be better to upload the replay file, that way it could also be verified there's no cheating, if a program exists that can read the car data from the replay or something like that, and I'm a bit lazy so it saves me the trouble of making a video :D. Anyway, the lap isn't perfect and can be improved for sure, but the thing with this car/track combo is there's too much understeer, controller seems to be more or less 3.5 seconds behind :odd:. In some corners with the controller you have to brake, but with wheel you just take it full throttle, that would be the reason anyone using a controller is struggling a bit to find the time.

Thanks for the welcome all, I see there has been a few messages since I last checked lol. I could have uploaded a video to youtube, but I figured it would be better to upload the replay file, that way it could also be verified there's no cheating, if a program exists that can read the car data from the replay or something like that, and I'm a bit lazy so it saves me the trouble of making a video :D. Anyway, the lap isn't perfect and can be improved for sure, but the thing with this car/track combo is there's too much understeer, controller seems to be more or less 3.5 seconds behind :odd:. In some corners with the controller you have to brake, but with wheel you just take it full throttle, that would be the reason anyone using a controller is struggling a bit to find the time.

Than you have that R8 vs 458 photo finish on Fuji replay too? :P
On GT5 of course.

btw I hope no one shows up now to beat my Nurburgring time in TVR

btw2 @slybynight you created that thing and didn't even do your best.. Now because of that I'll tell everyone that today I beat you on the ring while you were driving RX7 and I was in.... CL 600.. That Merc is more boat than a car :P

@slybynight you created that thing and didn't even do your best.. Now because of that I'll tell everyone that today I beat you on the ring while you were driving RX7 and I was in.... CL 600.. That Merc is more boat than a car :P

I was intending to give it another shot, with more ballast, but some other stuff came up IRL. Others have commented that it might not have made things any better. I did try quite hard in the TVR, but I guess I'm not as much of a slippery king as I think I am.

Anyway, if you are going to tell tales..... I saw you on the podium at the ring. I was standing behind you. The thin material of your race suit revealed that you wear womens underwear!

I was intending to give it another shot, with more ballast, but some other stuff came up IRL. Others have commented that it might not have made things any better. I did try quite hard in the TVR, but I guess I'm not as much of a slippery king as I think I am.

Anyway, if you are going to tell tales..... I saw you on the podium at the ring. I was standing behind you. The thin material of your race suit revealed that you wear womens underwear!

haha that's a lie.. I don't wear any underwear... now true story, I got in a fight with a police officer few weeks ago over my dog not ever being on leash.. I don't even own one. Than he said he'll call back up and Ill lose my clothes and underwear (it's sounds stupid in English but it's an expression here). After that I told him I don't wear any underwear, he was so surprised when I said that calmly that he started shaking and didn't know what to do.. it was really funny :crazy:

IMG_20210411_121510~2.jpg

btw I didn't try any other setup for TVR but I think mine was pretty much spot on.
7:48 is not a great time but definitely one of my favorite laps around (offline)

Last edited:
Just to satisfy my OCD, do you not own a leash, or do you not own a dog?

Hahaha that's my dog on that picture above. I don't own a leash for her, I never put her on a leash and she's 5 years old.

was just going through some pictures, on this one my dog and her best friend found and saved (well me and my friend saved) 6 puppies thrown away in some pit.

IMG_20201112_135432.jpg

ok Ill stop spamming now :lol:

I really hope @RMan72 is entering a time this round. I confess that I have always thought DS3 users have had a slight advantage given the lock to lock speed of the steering. That thought has provided solace for my own inadequate times. However, @Numbuh 4 's comments have ruined my excuses. He even has the same wheel as me FFS!!!

I'm greatly looking forward to the Div 1 post match analysis.

Last edited:
I really hope @RMan72 is entering a time this round. I confess that I have always thought DS3 users have had a slight advantage given the lock to lock speed of the steering. That thought has provided solace for my own inadequate times. However, @Numbuh 4 's comments have ruined my excuses. He even has the same wheel as me FFS!!!

On some tracks ds3 is definitely faster. Specially if you take combination of some city track and street car. But when you need to have delicate run on tehnical circuit and use racing car than ds3 is very bad against wheel. So actually IMO there's no real answer, depends on track/car combo.

tenor.gif

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 82

DIV 1
@Numbuh 4 2:13.033
@paddycars1 2:15.232

DIV 2
@FlowSadico 2:16.753
@slybynight 2:17.431
@Aramislegacy 2:18.720
@smoothbore12 2:18.811
@bjl23 2:21.286
@Thematic 2:22.350

--------------

BUDGET TYRE BULLDOG IN GREEN HELL

@nostradavor2 7:48.913
@paddycars1 7:54.614
@FlowSadico 8:05.576
@Thematic 8:08.924
@slybynight 8:20.172
@Aramislegacy 8:33.300

---------------

EASTER EGG HUNT

@FlowSadico 9 eggs - 4.697
@smoothbore12 9 eggs - 1.124
@nostradavor2 9 eggs - .361
@bjl23 7 eggs
@Thematic 6 eggs
@Aramislegacy 6 eggs

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#54

@skeagracing your winners please

------------------

@bjl23 Wow.

just Wow.

Well done ALL !!!!!!

Esp congrats to @Numbuh 4 - Mic drop entrance!!!!

@FlowSadico - you are sitting on my Div2 TT perch. I can only hope you are moved up before the next TT round. Well done!

Thank you to everyone who entered the "Budget Tyre Bulldog" invitational. This is something that I have been playing with for a long time and clearly something I am not as good at as I thought I was!!! I will continue on my own with this challenge and it is so good to have everyone's attempts recorded here (esp vids) for reference.

Who's turn is it next to choose? Choose something @RMan72 likes. We need to tempt him out.

I will add these results to my "system" - some interesting numbers coming out......

Last edited:
We had a great school honoring the “one”s”most imroved. But before all of that In P – 1 @smoothbore12 This the most “real TV race” with a great race driver.

P – 2 @Thematic and @RMan72 . @Thematic the most improved 0f the bunch. @RMan72 your “usual super great job”. P – 3 @bjl23 had a nice drive as well:gtpflag::cheers:.

@smoothbore12 and @Thematic congrats on the excellent improvements. Really impressed with both of you. @RMan72 and @bjl23 great drives. Thank you all for your participation in the school.

Wow , i wasn't expect this coming on school after so many days of absence on school and the hub in general.
The truth is that wasn't go fast from the beginning and i was waiting the right spot to make my overtakes eliminating the danger of a touch or bad moments .
Thanks for your comments @Racin510s and yours Master .
Here is my entry

PS
A warm welcome again to all the new members and congratulations to all participants on this round.
Hope to enjoy the new one and at the invitational hope the paella guys of div2 to shine over chorizo guys of div 1 .

Last edited:
Back