• Thread starter PeterJB
  • 0 comments

PeterJB

Compulsive Handwasher
Premium
United Kingdom
Corsham
lipming
The classic car league is one of my favourite tournaments, especially when you get a lineup as exciting as mine!

1. Buick Special
2. Mercedes-Benz 300SL Coupe
3. Nissan Silvia (CSP311)
4. Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1)
5. Citroen 2CV Type-A
6. Plymouth Superbird (me)

I love having very unevenly matched opponents, which is what made this ever more exciting. First up, Fuji!

Me and the Buick started off by far the fastest, if you exclude top speed, than the Buick and the Plymouth are pretty evenly matched cars, this didn't stop the Buick beating me by a 12 second margin though, he even lapped the 2CV! (Well, who couldn't!) the Mercedes was 3rd, Silvia 4th, Skyline 5th, and guess what, the 2CV 6th.

Next up, El Capitan!

The same thing happened at the start, but the understeer of the Superbird mean't i was all over the place with the Mercedes on my tail for the 1st half of the 1st lap, same positions as last time, with at 14 second gap between me and the Buick and a lapped 2CV.

Next up, 'The Green Hell'!

I decided i might aswell qualify for this one, whilst doing my qualifying lap i had the Buick right on my tail and he just couldn't pass me, until we got to the start when he rubbed his 200mph in my 130mph face, qualifying for second. In the actual race is was a lot harder to keep up with him than it was in the qualifying, he was roughly 14 seconds ahead until the straight when he racked it up to 30 seconds. the 2CV hadn't even made the Karussel when i'd finished.

Next up, Monaco!

I qualified for 1st place this time and kept the lead for 75% of the race but i still lost by 4 seconds, however i managed to lap the 2CV this time, just.

Finally, Laguna Seca!

I didn't bother qualifying for this one since the final standings had pretty much already been set, lost to the Buick by 14 seconds AGAIN!

Final points:
1. Buick Special: 50
2. Plymouth Superbird (me): 30
3. Mercedes-Benz 300SL: 20
4. Nissan Silvia (CSP311): 15
5. Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1): 10
6. Citroen 2CV Type-A: 5

On top of the hardship of losing, i got a 121-year old wooden horse with 4 wheels.

Latest Posts

Back