The Concept Car Goes Live

I searched, but the titles did not indicate anything...

Anyways, does anyone know if the Concept Car is supposed to show as an A.I. car? I raced in the Anglo-American Challenge (U.K. vs. U.S.) and an unmodified car showed up. It was a nimble car, too, beating a modified Camaro Z28 in qualifying on several occasions. Ultimately, it finished last, though. The outclassing of this car seems to be too great to be an intentional placement by PD, having 249hp and 2160 pounds to push... Is it an error made by PD, or just another interesting kink in the game, much like the stock Jaguar XJ220s and Vipers in GT2?

I have the PAL version and it turned up when I did the UK vs US aswell. It was this bright orange Dodge Concept. It was seriously out classed and came last in every race. Ironicaly, I was driving an [R]Dodge Concept and won every single race!

I have the PAL version and it turned up when I did the UK vs US aswell. It was this bright oranfe Dodge Concept. It was seriously out classed and came last in every race. Ironicaly, I was driving an [R]Dodge Concept and won every single race!

Yeah but the one you had probly had over 500 horsepower, right?

Yeah, but I did not do any modifictations. I won it from an event but I forgot which one now!

Right. That's the purple one you win from the UK vs. US races I believe. It might be a different color for PAL users. Anyways, I won the red Copperhead after golding all the B's...that's the one that has weaker power (and appears as an Ai).

Last edited:
Right. That's the purple one you win from the UK vs. US races i believe. It might be a different color for PAL users. ANyways, i won the red Copperhead after golding all the B's...that's the one that has weaker power (and appears as an Ai).
You are spot on. It is the same colour however though, puple with goldish wheels.

Also makes an appearance in yellow (but you all knew this, right?). At least it isn't topaz or cashmere, though it was an admittedly good colour for the Subarus.

Sorry to cause confusion, but there is a chance to unlock a GOLD (I referred to it as yellow) Concept Car. I personally think it to be more appealing than the purple iteration, but then, I have never seen one before.

Sorry to cause confusion, but there is a chance to unlock a GOLD (I referred to it as yellow) Concept Car. I personally think it to be more appealing than the purple iteration, but then, I have never seen one before.
Thats OK! It might only be on NSTC, as I have never seen it. But hay, maybe I just have not looked hard enough!

Nah all of the prize race cars are available in two colours. I have both of the Concepts, Viper GTS-Rs etc. I am however trying to get the green FTO LM and another Silvia LM.

Back to the Concept though, you can get it in those colours aswell as the Concept LM by race moddin the normal Concept. The power doesn't go very high though.

One suspects the intention was to have the powerful Concept Car ("LM") appear in lineups, but that some mistake along the way ended up with the non-race-modded slightly-tuned B License Gold prize car (orange, sort of copper, in colour) being entered into the lineups instead.

All LM prize cars are available in two colours except for the Chaser LM (black only), and also the non-race-mod Nismo GTR LM (prize for SSR11 ii Endurance Race--silver only).

All LM prize cars are available in two colours except for the Chaser LM (black only), and also the non-race-mod Nismo GTR LM (prize for SSR11 ii Endurance Race--silver only).

Oh yeh forgot about the Chaser. That Nismo GT-R LM is only the road car anyway.

One suspects the intention was to have the powerful Concept Car ("LM") appear in lineups, but that some mistake along the way ended up with the non-race-modded slightly-tuned B License Gold prize car (orange, sort of copper, in colour) being entered into the lineups instead.

The answer and its respective messenger cometh... when it seemed that GT2 was THE place where PD made errors!

This may be the solution...

As for the Nismo GT-R LM Road Car: At least you can modify it into a 1995 Zexel Skyline GT-R lookalike.

Thats OK! It might only be on NSTC, as I have never seen it. But hay, maybe I just have not looked hard enough!

No. i have the PAL version and got the yello concept car. cant remember what car i did it in though. i can even get a pic if you want. and also i can the U.S V Japan in the red concept car (dont worry, im not boasting). wasnt easy though as i started at the back of every race.

Really! Good driving, my friend.

How high does the horsepower run for a normal Concept Car? And what is the weight? I think the PAL version only weighs 1329 pounds if I can recall...

249hp i think. the weight is about 1000 kg i think. its been a while since i played it. tell you what ill have to dig it out and play it again and ill let you know

249hp i think. the weight is about 1000 kg i think. its been a while since i played it. tell you what ill have to dig it out and play it again and ill let you know

Sounds like a good idea.

I remember something about a Concept Car weighing ony 1329 pounds, but I don't know if this is the modified Concept Car or not...

Well the red concept car fully modded has 249hp and weighed at 911kg but the yellow or purple one has 560hp and weighed only 900kg

P.S im playing it now

👍
It truly is. Was the Concept Car a derivative of another older Dodge model, or just another exercise in design?
Lets let Wikipedia answer that shall we...
[WIKIPEDIA]The Dodge Copperhead was unveiled in 1997 to great praise. Many were impressed with its aerodynamic, yet rugged styling and the fact that its production price tag would be about $30,000 USD ($45,000 less than the Viper). The Copperhead, unlike the Viper, was made more for handling and driving pleasure, while the Viper was made more for raw power. The Copperhead had excellent handling due to its low, wide stance. Dodge engineered the Copperhead to make the driver feel the road and the pavement, and this was done by stretching the wheels to the end of the frame, adding 5" of ground clearance and a stiff suspension, making this car marketed more towards enthusiasts[/WIKIPEDIA]
Cool, thats the first time I've ever used the Wikipedia tags. Also, I've found the reason to why it was not named ''Copperhead''...
[WIKIPEDIA]After the unveiling of the Copperhead, Dodge got complaints from another company that had the copyrights to the Copperhead name, and as a result, Dodge could not use it. To avoid lawsuits, DaimlerChrysler unofficially renamed the car, with it being referred to as the 'Concept Vehicle' instead of 'Copperhead' in modern press kits, and on scale toys and merchandise. This makes press kits or items with the Copperhead name collectibles. The Copperhead's name controversy is accredited as the most likely reason why the car never reached the production line.[/WIKIPEDIA]
There you go. I hope that has helped you understand, plus a bit more! :)

👍
Lets let Wikipedia answer that shall we...
[WIKIPEDIA]The Dodge Copperhead was unveiled in 1997 to great praise. Many were impressed with its aerodynamic, yet rugged styling and the fact that its production price tag would be about $30,000 USD ($45,000 less than the Viper). The Copperhead, unlike the Viper, was made more for handling and driving pleasure, while the Viper was made more for raw power. The Copperhead had excellent handling due to its low, wide stance. Dodge engineered the Copperhead to make the driver feel the road and the pavement, and this was done by stretching the wheels to the end of the frame, adding 5" of ground clearance and a stiff suspension, making this car marketed more towards enthusiasts[/WIKIPEDIA]
Cool, thats the first time I've ever used the Wikipedia tags. Also, I've found the reason to why it was not named ''Copperhead''...
[WIKIPEDIA]After the unveiling of the Copperhead, Dodge got complaints from another company that had the copyrights to the Copperhead name, and as a result, Dodge could not use it. To avoid lawsuits, DaimlerChrysler unofficially renamed the car, with it being referred to as the 'Concept Vehicle' instead of 'Copperhead' in modern press kits, and on scale toys and merchandise. This makes press kits or items with the Copperhead name collectibles. The Copperhead's name controversy is accredited as the most likely reason why the car never reached the production line.[/WIKIPEDIA]
There you go. I hope that has helped you understand, plus a bit more! :)

Thanks, Skid Mark 33! That is a shame, though...

Hay Parnelli. Is'nt this like the 4th time you've changed your avatar in like, 4 days?

I miss that woody...

Going on, I think that same case happened with Fend and their logo, which bore a slight resemblance to that used by Mitsubishi Motors. So the Fend people reworked it, and even though the second badge should have been sufficient, Mitsubishi still wanted it changed, so Fend did so again.

Not much controversy here, but it is a common practice.

Not exactly...i think i changed 4 avatars over the last 3 or 4 weeks...wait, let me think.

1. AFX Ford "Woody" wagon...that was a slot car. I've got this project to sell all my slot cars (I have about 40 from when I was a kid) and my plan was to post a picture of each car here and then as I sold it, I'd put a new slot car up. But I haven't started this project yet. :indiff: ah...procrastination.

2. '90 Fiat Panda at Autumn Ring (GT4 pic)

3. '02 Ford Focus racing BMW M-coupe at Route 5 straight.--I wasn't all that crazy about this one.

4. '02 Focus trail-braking at El Capitan. :D Look carefully, you can see the rear wheel is locked!

Last edited:
Sorry to drag this thread up. I'm doing a bit of research.

How does one get the yellow concept car? What's the final word...I read this entire thread and the answer seems muddled to me.

Last edited:
Back