The credits cost of all 454 cars in Gran Turismo 7 [489 Million total]

• Thread starter Samus
  • 927 comments
Its not possible to buy everything with the garage 2K car limit.

Buying everything just in BC will will set you back to around 1923 cars then if you add 1 of each from LCD and UCD you can see you'll be over the 2K limit.

PD increasing the garage 2K limit to atleast 3K is my most wanted wishlist every update.:(
I realize buying the cars in Brand Central will put me way over the limit. They would be simple to purchase later on if the garage limit increases. That’s why I just focusing on the Hagerty and the used car colour variations. I was just curious if someone knew how many variations there are. I’m only at 822 cars so I’ve got lots of room.

Most of my races were on the Sarthe track. I’ve been playing the game since the first day. I also didn’t cheat using the glitches that pop up from time to time. I’ve earned over 580 million, raced 52300 miles and spent 396 hours racing in total. I focused on all the big dollar Hagerty cars first. My collector points are at 638479 right now.

Hmm...ok. I'm similarly focusing on certain cars first, but in the end it doesn't really make any difference. Like I said earlier it still comes down to the math of how quickly one can accumulate the necessary credits to buy all the cars, whatever order one chooses to buy them in. So you mean you did the Sarthe grind then correct? It's not really "hard." Actually, it's easy...it just requires you to run the same race over and over for months on end...

Last edited:
...it just requires you to run the same race over and over for months on end...
And there's the rub. After the hundreds of hours required, I just hope I don't come to the point of despising it. I try to use different cars, and also do the three grinds (Spa, Le Mans & Sardegna) so not focussing solely on one track. Just over 2hrs nets just over 3 mill. For some, like me, who don't get much game time that's a whole chunk of time given away just for grinding....and for cars we will never use.

Hmm...ok. I'm similarly focusing on certain cars first, but in the end it doesn't really make any difference. Like I said earlier it still comes down to the math of how quickly one can accumulate the necessary credits to buy all the cars, whatever order one chooses to buy them in. So you mean you did the Sarthe grind then correct? It's not really "hard." Actually, it's easy...it just requires you to run the same race over and over for months on end...
I did other races as well. Worked on getting all gold licenses, did the track stuff etc. I always start with the Sarthe race and then moved on. Weekends I might have done 4 or 5 races on it. Doing the same race over and over would get old after awhile. I always had at least 30 million saved up for the high dollar cars. It’s frustrating waiting for them to pop back up again.

Last edited:
I did other races as well. Worked on getting all gold licenses, did the track stuff etc. I always start with the Sarthe race and then moved on. Weekends I might have done 4 or 5 races on it. Doing the same race over and over would get old after awhile. I always had at least 30 million saved up for the high dollar cars. It’s frustrating waiting for them to pop back up again.
I hear what your saying, but your numbers are basically exactly what I've indicated. You raced 396 hours and made 580 million credits. You earned basically 1.5 million credits per hour. It sounds like you did a fair bit of Sarthe...I mean yeah there's other stuff to do but you just can't earn more than 100 million doing the ce's and whatnot. Even if you happen to be a person who can gold a TT in under 2 hours (I take about that long to get a high silver...so a million credits in 2 hours and I haven't managed to get a gold yet.) the TTs are only paid once every what, 7 days?

Last edited:
Choosing not to have access to all the content in the game is certainly an option.

My favorite thing to do in Gran Turismo is just try and beat my own times in time trials. I pick a car and a track - most often Nordshleife - and I just do laps. I love doing that. As such, all the other stuff in the game - the racing against the AI or other people online, the licenses and CEs, all of it - it's just the stuff I have to do to get everything I want in the game unlocked so that I can then do what I want to do without coming up against any barriers. I probably won't ever have all the cars in GT7, but I'd still like to have access to as many as possible and the reality is that a lot of the really interesting cars in the game also happen to be really expensive so even if one doesn't care about completing the collection, there's still a need to accumulate a lot of credits just to get some of those high dollar cars...

Has anybody yet worked out the total amount of credits you get from playing through the SP events in the game?

Not counting CEs, missions and licenses - just the races, with and/or without CRB. Does anyone have this info to hand? Cheers.

Has anybody yet worked out the total amount of credits you get from playing through the SP events in the game?

Not counting CEs, missions and licenses - just the races, with and/or without CRB. Does anyone have this info to hand? Cheers.
I haven't done a tally but even with crb's it can't possibly be more than 10 million credits I think...

I’ll give this a go later 👍🏻

I haven't done a tally but even with crb's it can't possibly be more than 10 million credits I think...
I’ll give this a go later 👍🏻
I've got an old document from June 2023 which tallies it, with CRBs, at 9,487,500cr.

Haha, outrageous! Thanks.

With the smattering of new events since then it’s maybe another 200k, if that?

There definitely needs to be at least 50mil worth of events. Whether it’s adding (tons) more or an overall payout increase.
for sure. Afaic the game should be providing more like half the total garage value instead of the roughly 1/5 it currently gives. You should end up with 250 million credits from just playing the basic game...not 100 million. Basically every reward in the game should be doubled at least...including the frequency at which the roulettes pay out big money.

Last edited:
for sure. Afaic the game should be providing more like half the total garage value instead of the roughly 1/5 it currently gives. You should end up with 250 million credits from just playing the basic game...not 100 million. Basically every reward in the game should be doubled at least...including the frequency at which the roulettes pay out big money.
It’s not a fifth. I could live with a fifth, it’s more like a 50th! As in, you’d have to beat the game almost 50 times over to afford all the cars, minus a little bit for the CEs and missions, etc. So maybe 45 times plus doing those.

Last edited:
It’s not a fifth. I could live with a fifth, it’s more like a 50th! As in, you’d have to beat the game almost 50 times over to afford all the cars, minus a little bit for the CEs and missions, etc. So maybe 45 times plus doing those.
yeah if you're just talking about the 10 mil for the events, but if you add up everything - all the menus, licenses and circuit experiences (golds of course) including the prize cars and so forth you end up with something closer to 100 million total. But it should be more definitely.

It wasn't till I'd put 200 hours into the game that I looked at the numbers and really realized what a slog it was going to be. At that point, I'd finished the 39 basic menus, reached level 50...bronzed all the licenses and most of the CEs plus golds on some and I'd also run Sardegna a number of times (like several dozen lol) and I had 100 million credits total and the rewards had all but dried up so the credits coming in (from sources other than Sardegna grinding) had really dropped off. I felt like "holy crap I did all that stuff and still need to find another 400 million credits somehow???"

Last edited:
The problem is that about 12-15 cars cost the same amount of credits that cost the 300 plus cars from the dealership.

When you need 100 millions just for 5 cars only from the 488 , it's worthless trying to find any logic or justice behind that .

Perhaps they try to get equal those two :

Play has no limits
Pay has no limits

We just accept the fact and that's all and if some glitch comes up that help players to gather credits very quick, PD is fixing that asap 😂

Can someone remind me if the races in the championships also completes the event shown at the venue? It's been a long time since I've done a championship.

There definitely needs to be at least 50mil worth of events. Whether it’s adding (tons) more or an overall payout increase.
Beyond the post-launch Grindy Four, there are a heap of other post-launch events that pay at least 200,000 Cr. for completion, though none of them are nearly as lucrative in time-versus-credit terms. I'm sure someone has done the math on the total credits from winning the available events.
Can someone remind me if the races in the championships also completes the event shown at the venue? It's been a long time since I've done a championship.
The championship races are separate races unavailable outside the championship menu, even the WTC 600/700.
When you need 100 millions just for 5 cars only from the 488 , it's worthless trying to find any logic or justice behind that .
It's 6 cars that are at 20,000,000 Cr. each now, with 1 each at 18,000,000 Cr., 15,000,000 Cr., 14,000,000 Cr., 13,000,000 Cr., and 12,000,000 Cr., and another 2 at 10,000,000 Cr. (and only one of the 10,000,000-Cr. cars a prize car).

To put it another way, the 23 most-expensive cars (22 in Hagerty's and the Aston Martin Valkyrie, starting at 4,000,000 Cr.), at a cost of 271,600,000 Cr., cost more than the other 469 cars combined...even if the cars available only in the UCD were all priced as "hot"/"special picks" (270,299,455 Cr.).

Last edited:
23 most-expensive cars (22 in Hagerty's and the Aston Martin Valkyrie, starting at 4,000,000 Cr.), at a cost of 271,600,000 Cr., cost more than the other 469 cars combined
This is a perfect summary of where GT7 falls down. It’s just missing end game events (or the price scale gets out of proportion at the upper end).

It's 6 cars that are at 20,000,000 Cr. each now, with 1 each at 18,000,000 Cr., 15,000,000 Cr., 14,000,000 Cr., 13,000,000 Cr., and 12,000,000 Cr., and another 2 at 10,000,000 Cr. (and only one of the 10,000,000-Cr. cars a prize car).

To put it another way, the 23 most-expensive cars (22 in Hagerty's and the Aston Martin Valkyrie, starting at 4,000,000 Cr.), at a cost of 271,600,000 Cr., cost more than the other 469 cars combined...even if the cars available only in the UCD were all priced as "hot"/"special picks" (270,299,455 Cr.).
Glass half full: you can get 95% of cars for under half the money :dopey: :lol:

Last edited:
For the people that talk about getting bored grinding, you could listen to a podcast, music, or pastor's sermons while racing. And, suck on some dark chocolate, sip a Monster, or chew pumpkin seeds.

Also, consider the race as a TT. Always try to get the best lap time and total time you possibly can to make it a challenge.

For the people that talk about getting bored grinding, you could listen to a podcast, music, or pastor's sermons while racing. And, suck on some dark chocolate, sip a Monster, or chew pumpkin seeds.

Also, consider the race as a TT. Always try to get the best lap time and total time you possibly can to make it a challenge.
Griding races ate more interesting if you look at them from this side of view as you mention.
Usually i do La Sarthe and most of the times i try to find my limits depending and the car am driving or what weather allows.
The ironic part at that, is what Kaz claims that they don't want people to run over and over the same races 😂 .
Unfortunately from the beginning the same thing happens again and again due to game economy and Hagerty's list.

Yeah, for sure I play little games while I'm grinding to see how fast a lap I can set or to see how much of the field I can lap or how fast I can get to the front of the pack. I don't change cars or anything like that. I'm just not interested in doing anything other than getting it done as quickly and easily as I can. I still have lots of stuff to do in the game...I haven't even got bronze on all the CE's yet let alone gold. But that's because I realized after a certain point that the quickest way to get money was the grind races. I have golds on some of the CEs but most of the rest are likely to take me well over an hour to accomplish. There's not much point spending 20 hours on game stuff to try and earn 5 or 10 million credits when I can use the time running Sardegna and earn 30 million. 2 years from now I don't want to still be staring at cars in Haggerty's that I can't drive or even afford. I'm about 270 hours into the game now and only this past week was able to buy my first 10Mil-plus car - The Barker. And I had to choose that over several other big numbers because there was just no way I could grind up the cash needed for those..I plan to spend the next few months focusing on just getting as many of the cars as I can. After that's done, I can then start knocking off the game challenges at my own convenience.

The idea that Kaz claims they don't want grinding is hilarious.

Last edited:

Add to that clean race bonus is impossible with the AI playing dodgem karts with you on certain tracks. So it's more like 7-8 million from SP events. Dismal. Can't even buy one ultra-rare legendary.

and the tracks with lots of jumps... fishermans ranch lol, don't care if I never get clean race bonus there

I do sort of wonder how things will work if/when they add the second Ferrari 330 P4 - that is, the one that won the GT Trophy at Pebble Beach. The one that’s yet to be added is seemingly closer to its original state, so it should be more valuable than the 330 P4 that’s been in the series since GT5. But the one that’s in GT7 is already at the maximum value of 20m credits, which is nearly double what it previously cost.

Furthermore, the two cars look identical, so it’s not like one has a different body. My bet/hope is that the 330 P4 that’s been around since GT5 will be entirely replaced with the one that won at Pebble Beach. Even the two Renault Clio RS models seem to have more differences than the two versions of the 330 P4. It’d be even better if the 330 P4 we already have was replaced with a Ferrari prototype that may’ve raced against the Porsche 917K, like the 512 S.

The only other idea I had was if, somehow, cars in GT8 could have the ability to be worth over 20m. And if that were to happen, I could see the 330 P4 that won at Pebble Beach costing notably more than the other 330 P4. But even then, I don’t think a cost difference by itself - even if it were notable - is worth having two of what seem to be the same exact car.

Last edited:
I realize buying the cars in Brand Central will put me way over the limit. They would be simple to purchase later on if the garage limit increases. That’s why I just focusing on the Hagerty and the used car colour variations. I was just curious if someone knew how many variations there are. I’m only at 822 cars so I’ve got lots of room.
I was wondering if any other crazy one was thinking in have all colors variation too.
In the shop it show if you have the car and if you have that color. I tried to buy an official color, paint my car and check in the shop and it does not show as Acquired, so you need to buy that variation, imagine the cost lol. But I have these crazy thoughts of getting them.

I was wondering if any other crazy one was thinking in have all colors variation too.
In the shop it show if you have the car and if you have that color. I tried to buy an official color, paint my car and check in the shop and it does not show as Acquired, so you need to buy that variation, imagine the cost lol. But I have these crazy thoughts of getting them.
Yeah painting a car in a official color doesn't mean you own that car in that color and it wont show in the dealership as so.

So with the 2k garage limit you have to pretty much choice from which dealership you wanna try to own every car in every color/livery.

Which is why I rearranged my garage to now buying X20 of all my favorite cars since I couldn't continue to buy everything.

Last edited:
Back