The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
I take it you can play this game solo, right?

Don't have to be a member of a 'Crew' and 'hook up' to complete MP challenges and that kind of thing?
The multiplayer aspect is not compulsory is it?

As of right now there is only Co-op. And no you don't need to be a member.
December update is PVP so I would assume that would be where the MP challenges come in (I would think)

I am getting hyped for thjs game. Although to be honest i found the first to be a real let down. It was really cool and i wanted to like, i even forced myself to finnish the story in the hopes of it growing on me by the end. However it did not, and i found the non permanence of a crew and the low player count on the map together killed it for me. By the time wild run came out i was over it and was not gonna spend more money on that game. I have heard it greatly improved many of the things i had issues with like graphics and handling, but still, i want to drive america with a bunch of my friends.

The new one looks great and is getting great responses from what i have heard. Also i am a sucker for watercraft, it is proba ly the thing making me consider this game the most. Just crusin the waterways between car races sounds glorious to me. I am not sure about trying the open beta, thats a lot of data, but i need to know more about the game before i buy. Does anyone know how many people on the map in freeroam? How do crews work this time? Any other info to sway me is welcome. I just don't want to be disappointed again by a really cool game thats not as fun as it should be.

Just pre ordered the standard edition on XB1. Can’t wait to start playing on the 29th.

What I didn't like about the first game was that it became too 'busy' By that I mean you had various challenges to complete and some of them made it obvious once you had completed them by adding a gold wreath around the challenge.
However, others didn't have this and so you'd go back and do the challenge again not realising you already completed it. Eventually, it became overwhelming and I lost interest.

Then the whole thing about adding performance parts to your car was frustrating. I just wanted to keep my cars stock but quite often you couldn't because in order to be competitive you either upgraded it or simply reached an impasse.

The idea was brilliant, a massive open world racing game. Right up my street and locating different landmarks was fantastic. Shame they didn't keep it simple instead of it becoming a mishmash of different things.

Hope the second installment goes someway to alleviating these issues...

Just received a payment confirmation on my preorder. I did preorder a digital copy of the game. It looks like it will be available for download on June, 25.

Just received a payment confirmation on my preorder. I did preorder a digital copy of the game. It looks like it will be available for download on June, 25.

What version did you get?

I know I can download on June 25th and play the next day.

Tried the The Crew 2 Beta, first street race ("sleeper" or something) was ****ing brutal. The race starts and I'm instantly 12 second behinds, 75% in a blast past everyone but the lead.

The rubberbanding feels so much worse... but maybe it isn't, I haven't played The Crew in a year or something.

I have just started to pre-load on steam woop woop. its saying i need about 32GB HDD space while the download it self is just over 22GB

Trophy list doesn't seem to be an issue much but it's the photos that could be an issue, especially if it's ones that involve other players.
Guess that's where a boosting time would be needed.

This was posted on the Tweeter 2h ago.
Access to #TheCrew2 is now LIVE! Welcome to Motornation!

It looks like the game will start at midnight at your local timezone.. so if you live in Honolulu.. well to bad for you. 4 more hours to wait? I can do that.

This was posted on the Tweeter 2h ago.
Access to #TheCrew2 is now LIVE! Welcome to Motornation!

It looks like the game will start at midnight at your local timezone.. so if you live in Honolulu.. well to bad for you. 4 more hours to wait? I can do that.
I was also thinking the game comes out Tuesday, but everything I'm seeing is showing Thursday/Friday? Odd day for a release date.

There is now a follow-up to this video:

tl;dw - Turns out being given much better parts than the ones you already had installed on your vehicle was a mistake so now the RNG mechanic has been adjusted to the point you get parts closer to your current level, and in some instances worse than you current parts.

I was around 220 and I was getting many "Lower" parts.
I didn't max any vehicles out in the beta because of this.

Turns out this is how progression intended to work.

I got the same impression right from the start. And I'm also happy that the legendary parts will come in the future. Just like the first one. That expersion when you have done most of the grinding for lv1299 and then realized you need to grind even more for lv1499. :yuck:

Early access is live now, at least here in Europe, and despite their announcement that it wouldn't be for another six hours or so.

One review so far said it's Big, Barron and Boring.

Open world but not much else.

Early access is live now, at least here in Europe, and despite their announcement that it wouldn't be for another six hours or so.
It's only for Gold Edition right? I only got the Deluxe and don't mind the extra wait.

Was that the one from PushSquare or whatever the site name is? Yeah, I read it earlier today and didn't at all agree with most of it. It's certainly not a perfect game, and it's not going to fit everyone - even every arcade racer fan, but I had a blast with the open beta despite a few annoyances.

As far as the world being too big, I suspect "professional" game journalists are often in a hurry to finish a game, so there's no time there for eg. taking a 100 km road trip on a mid range motorcycle or classic car, just for the enjoyment of it and photo opportunities along the way.

Yeah. You can only drive a vehicle. Boring as hell.

Can I buy Season Pass separately?
Yes you can.

Is it just my TV or does the graphics looks better than the Beta? Also you get Crew Credits too by leveling your reputation. But then the Season Pass ingame discount apply only to Normal Credits. If you want to spend CC the prices are the same as non Pass holders.. odd.

I haven't received any crew credits yet. I've noticed that the free vehicles from either pre-ordering or the season pass don't quite match up from what was on the store page. But on the other hand I'm not sure I've picked all of them up yet. Nice to get a free 458 Speciale.

I needed to download and install every pack separately. And I'm 100% sure I got 10000 CC upon reaching Popular level.

I needed to download and install every pack separately. And I'm 100% sure I got 10000 CC upon reaching Popular level.

On console or PC? On PS4 I seem to have gotten most - possibly all - of my rewards now through the car shopping interface (I had three cars and one boat when I loaded up the game, a few other cars I had to find in the lists, and I'm not sure if there might be other vehicles I've missed).

I still won’t be home until Tuesday 3rd of July so I can’t benefit from my gold edition early access at all. Could someone who unlocked all 19 cars from the rewards program post the exact list of these cars? Like for example for the Hummer H1 and Jeep Wrangler is it the EVO 1 or EVO 2 version of the car you get? Also a bit confused about that Ford Mustang GT since it’s also a free car to start with in street racing I believe?

Below is what I kept in a spreadsheet from their webpage info and beta car list videos but im not sure it’s all accurate.

Ford Mustang GT Fastback 2015
Ducati Diavel 2015
Maserati Gran Turismo S 2009
Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969
Indian Chief Dark Horse 2015
KTM 450 rally 2015
Hummer H1 Alpha EVO 2 rally raid edition 2006
Jeep Jeep Wrangler EVO 1 rally raid edition 2012
Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT 2015
Nissan Fairlady Z 432 (PS30) 1970
Jeep Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 monster truck edition 2012
Mazda RX7 drift edition 2002