The Crew: Wild Run Edition

After months I didn't play, I get back to the game and I found it a lot improved.
Much more stable, can use 60fps option without raising too much CPU usage and temperatures, better graphic and quite better for other compartments.

The only thing I don't understand is how works this "smart drop" function. I mean, I used to get platinum parts for my cars doing challenges, now I get wheels, paints, etc. And very few times the platinum parts. Is that ok?
Usually the smart loot gives you parts that you have yet to purchase. So the more parts you own, the less likely you'll be getting them and the higher the chances of getting platinum parts which from what I've seen there seems to be a higher chance of getting the higher leveled platinum parts.

It's a somewhat tolerable system if you look into it. For people who spends more time on visual customization, this may be a great system for them. But for those who spends all their time on upgrading their car's performance, not really a good system for them.

Glad the new cars are purchasable without the need of the Wild Run Expansion pack. Because I'm not going to be getting the expansion pack until Christmas apparently and now atleast I could play with some of the new rides they added. 👍

*EDIT* I was doing a faction mission and I noticed they enabled catch up for the AI. Oh boy.
Did they ever lol 45 second lead lost in blink of eye..i was using agera and a mustang suddenly had 15 seconds on me? Get real my car is maxed 1299

I spent all of my 2.8 million bucks in one sitting... The new cars available are great. My favorite is the Ruf RT35. It looks so good in Perf spec. And finally some Japanese cars I actually like. I totally had buyer's remorse after getting the Vanquish though. I don't think it really looks that nice, so kind of a total waste of 700k bucks.

I don't really like the smart loot system either. I can't seem to grind jump skills for platinum parts anymore. Now I've resorted to just buying them, since I have all level 50 parts for every spec, which made me blow all my money.

I'm loving the update so far. I just need to get my money up. About to switch up a bunch of my cars paint job and etc and buy some more cars and bikes. I like the summit thing that they got going on. The prizes don't look bad at all.

I spent all of my 2.8 million bucks in one sitting... The new cars available are great. My favorite is the Ruf RT35. It looks so good in Perf spec. And finally some Japanese cars I actually like. I totally had buyer's remorse after getting the Vanquish though. I don't think it really looks that nice, so kind of a total waste of 700k bucks.

I don't really like the smart loot system either. I can't seem to grind jump skills for platinum parts anymore. Now I've resorted to just buying them, since I have all level 50 parts for every spec, which made me blow all my money.
Smart Loot killed the game for me.

Unless the Wild Run expansion has added ways to make some easy money it basically broke the economy for me.

Actually you can still grind jump skills for plat parts..got a few for monster truck earlier doing an escape over and over

Doesn't really help me because I don't plan on getting Wild Run anytime soon, lol. But with the daily rewards and sending friends to do faction missions still gets me over 100k a day without really doing anything. If I really wanted to grind money, I could grind one of the short faction missions over and over and make over 100k per hour.

That's almost as expensive as the Agera with the max Dealer Discount perk!

I thought it was gonna be like $90,000 at most probably. It's gonna be a while before i buy it. It's still a lot of cars that i have to upgrade and it's different specs i wanna buy for some cars.

So I was thinking of picking this game up now it's dropped in price, is anyone playing this on XB1 and can tell me how stable the game runs and is Uplay :yuck: a big thing with this game? The huge map really appeals to me, I tried the demo or a beta and couldn't deal with the handling but now I know the map on FH2 like the back of my hand I want somewhere else to explore, so I can put up with the handling as long as the game is stable and Uplay isn't making me mad :lol:.

I'd also like to know if this is a game I could have fun playing and make good progress on my own rather than driving or racing with others constantly?

So I was thinking of picking this game up now it's dropped in price, is anyone playing this on XB1 and can tell me how stable the game runs and is Uplay :yuck: a big thing with this game? The huge map really appeals to me, I tried the demo or a beta and couldn't deal with the handling but now I know the map on FH2 like the back of my hand I want somewhere else to explore, so I can put up with the handling as long as the game is stable and Uplay isn't making me mad :lol:.

I'd also like to know if this is a game I could have fun playing and make good progress on my own rather than driving or racing with others constantly?

I'm playing on Xbox one, it runs great, Uplay is something you can sign up for but you don't need to, there are some things you get for achieving in game goals that Uplay rewards you for, like a SRT Viper, special color and interior etc. It's really not that invasive so I signed up for it. Also the handling has been vastly improved since the game's launch and with this update it seems like they entirely reworked the physics model from the ground up.

You don't need to race with others, everything can be done on your own, but on some of the harder missions it is helpful to have friends to crew up with because if you don't finish and they do, you still pass that mission.

Last edited:
I'm playing on Xbox one, it runs great, Uplay is something you can sign up for but you don't need to, there are some things you get for achieving in game goals that Uplay rewards you for, like a SRT Viper, special color and interior etc. It's really not that invasive so I signed up for it. Also the handling has been vastly improved since the game's launch and with this update it seems like they entirely reworked the physics model from the ground up.

You don't need to race with others, everything can be done on your own, but on some of the harder missions it is helpful to have friends to crew up with because if you don't finish and they do, you still pass that mission.

Thanks for the answers, this has cleared up any worries I may have had and I've now bought the base game. :cheers:

I suppose if Uplay isn't that invasive I'll try it out, and the handling being improved sounds promising, now the long wait for the download to complete :D.

I just picked this up today with the Wild run already on it. So saved me some money.
Now I am kinda lost on how things work but I guess the main question is what is the level cap 50 or is it higher?

Well, I decided to do some PvP; I ran into both "The Undertaker" and @Snake55wildcat earlier tonight. I ended up having about two hours worth of great races with them. During that, I got my Platinum 1.

@TJ13: You're capped at level 50. Along the way, you get more specs to try out with; you begin with a Street Spec vehicle (which I guess you're using right now), Dirt Spec comes at level 10, Perf Spec at level 20, Raid Spec at level 30, and Circuit Spec at level 40. The three extreme specs (Dragster, Monster & Drift) are available once you complete the trials required to unlock them. And as with the other specs, Zoe (the FBI agent who you work with throughout the story) will cover the costs of your first extreme spec vehicle. After that, you'll have to spend some time to unlock them; either by doing some Summit events or working up the cash to buy them.

Other than that, there is quite a lot to do here in terms of extracurricular stuff (PvP, Faction Missions, Skill Challenges, FreeDrive Challenges and Stunts, and the aforementioned Summit).

I think you're going to like it here. :)

Last edited:
I guess the only thing I have to ask, is how Perks are used. If there are 50 levels and the chance of 2 per that level means what only 50 to 75 perks?

There is alot more than that..i bought a bunch of mine early on 50k a peice and used the 100k crew credits you get free to buy 50 perks at 2k each

Forgot you can buy them. Oops.
Anyways for the crew any ideas on if you want to be in one but not really be much help, any crews do that or a gtp crew?

How is extreme spec points used?
As soon as you accumulate (I think it's) 2,500 of them, you automatically earn a 100% free ESK (Extreme Starter Kit). Which one you get is determined by whichever one you see when you earn some Extreme Points. So if you saw a "Dg", you would earn a Dragster ESK that you can put on any car you want when the bar is filled completely. You can also earn a chance at earning even more of them by doing well at the Summit events (the better the medal you get, the better your chances at getting an ESK pack). If you do them now, you can find out what you get on Monday because that's when the qualifier ends.

By the way, the only way to earn Extreme Points is to have the Wild Run expansion.

Last edited:
PVP seems to give you platinum parts almost all the time for winning a race. :)

That's only if your vehicle's level is in the mid-to-high 1200's. If you plan on getting a vehicle from level 749 to 1299 without buying any parts for it, it's going to take a while unless you buy parts for it. This especially appears to be the case with the Extreme Specs, as there are no parts available for them when you first start out with them. I say this, because with every new performance part you get through the Smart Loot system, it doesn't raise your car's level very much.

P.S. The chances of what you get depend on what medal you get after each Summit qualifier ends. This doesn't go for the Summit Competitions themselves: a Platinum medal for that guarantees you a Lotus Evora GTE.

NO MEDAL
25% Chance for Boost Pack (Gives a 20% increase to the bucks, XP, and RP you earn for three days)
75% Chance for No Reward

BRONZE
20% Chance for Parts Pack (This gives you three parts to equip to whatever extreme-spec vehicle the game picks. To me, this isn't very useful except for if I got them for one of my Drift-spec cars.)
20% Chance for ESK Pack (This gives you one free Extreme-Spec Starter kit. Which one you get depends on the icon you see.)
30% Chance for Boost Pack
30% Chance for No Reward

SILVER
35% Chance for Parts Pack
30% Chance for ESK Pack
5% Chance for CC Pack (I got one this morning, and got 5,000 cc from it.)
30% Chance for Boost Pack

GOLD
30% Chance for Parts Pack
40% Chance for ESK Pack
10% Chance for CC Pack
20% Chance for Boost Pack

PLATINUM
20% Chance for Parts Pack
50% Chance for ESK Pack
20% Chance for CC Pack
10% Chance for Boost Pack

Last edited:
I guess the only thing I have to ask, is how Perks are used. If there are 50 levels and the chance of 2 per that level means what only 50 to 75 perks?

Forgot you can buy them. Oops.
Anyways for the crew any ideas on if you want to be in one but not really be much help, any crews do that or a gtp crew?

You can only get a chance at 2 perks per level if you use points on that specific perk. I really don't see any reason to buy additional perks. A lot of perks are only useful in very specific situations. Some perks are useless after you reach a certain point in the game. I have 49 perks at level 50 and that is more than enough. Resetting points is also dirt cheap at 100 bucks per point, so even if you have 49 perks resetting them is only 4900 bucks. Compared to buying a single point for 50,000 bucks, at level 50 you can fully reset your perks 10 times. So don't bother spending perk points on getting the dealer discount or parts discounts. When you want to buy something reset your points, put them into the discount, then reset them back again after you're done.

There are also no permanent crews. You have to make or join one every time you play.

This ****ing AI.

Tale the ****ing rain back and give me the original back.

Only online hasn't been ruined, although that's more to the fact it can't get any worse.

Well, since I'm currently unable to play the PC game, I've been going back to the slightly laggy 360 game. It's amazing that some people still go on it even though there's no DLC apart from the packs.

As soon as you accumulate (I think it's) 1,000 of them, you automatically earn a 100% free ESK (Extreme Starter Kit). Which one you get is determined by whichever one you see when you earn some Extreme Points. So if you saw a "Dg", you would earn a Dragster ESK that you can put on any car you want when the bar is filled completely. You can also earn a chance at earning even more of them by doing well at the Summit events (the better the medal you get, the better your chances at getting an ESK pack). If you do them now, you can find out what you get on Monday because that's when the qualifier ends.

By the way, the only way to earn Extreme Points is to have the Wild Run expansion.
Got it

Just turned off the entire hud, turned on spotify, and just had a three hour session with the T300. I like the graphical update, despite some inconsistencies. And the traffic density in cities is awesome!

This might have just become my favorite game.

Back