The current state of ACC

• Thread starter Moloko
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
Northern Ireland
Standard_control
I play this game on a standard ps4.As of this date the game has been out for 8 months now on consoles.

Over that period we have seen 8 updates for ps4 which have been beneficial and have added much needed functionality but taking away some graphical features without mentioning it.

In my books that's fine if it makes the game run smoother.... But it doesn't run any better at all. We have the same bugs and glitches in the game from release (8 months of this)

There's just too many to list here and I have done my bit from day one reporting each and everyone I've seen and to see them still there after such a long time is a bit of a let down,

I really have little faith in d3t studios, they aren't as capable kunos in the porting over to consoles end of things. This game shouldn't have been released on ps4 as I don't think it's capable of running the sim even in lowest settings.

This was pushed out quickly to gather up money without much regard on whether or not it'll run well on older hardware, it just seems that way.

I might be slating the game here but I think it deserves criticism in these areas, when this game works properly it's the best sim racing experience there is on console at the moment, I just wish greed never took priority.

Whereas for me PS4 is perfectly capable of playing the game at low settings. Yes it stutters in single player with a full AI at some tracks which is a real shame but not a deal breaker for me. There are also some bugs and missing features which is nothing to do with the capability of the current gen console but just down to the quality of the port, which might have happened if they went straight to next gen too.

Of course it will / should be better with next gen optimisation but if the choice as a current gen owner is what we have now vs nothing, I'd take what we have, no question. GTS, AC, and dirt rally have taken a backseat ever since ACC came out and I love having this level of sim on PS4.

There is another patch coming next week, and v1.7x update in a few months along with British pack, so it should be in a better state by then as the team learn more (and hopefully kunos start to get involved more too).

Last edited:
@John G When you say 'some bugs' it almost seems downplayed, there are at least 30+ some of which have been there from day one. You also said it runs fine on ps4 with low settings, then why did they remove track blackening?

The game is called "competitzione" but the competion servers have been broken from release...

Competizione without the competition

My point is you can still play the game. And what makes you think it would be any better if they only released it on next gen console?

Anyway for current gen, Yes it would be great to have rubbering back again. Does it stop me from playing? No.
(And I'm hopeful we might get it back for all circuits - Imola has shown that it's fine.)
Do I want CP points? Yeah of course, but I can still play online on public or private servers.
Do I want proper headlights, FOV, UDP, career / championship mode, button mapping fixed etc etc? You bet. But it doesn't kill the game.

So for me, yes some bugs but not game breaking. The good outweighs the bad still. However I accept it may be different for others.

This last update that brought Imola and the 2020 drivers and liveries really seemed to smooth out the few instances of lagging that I was seeing. Now it did create a problem with the engine sound from the GT4 Mercedes but I'll just leave that car alone until they fix it. Plenty of other cars to drive in the meantime.

But I'm a solo player so I don't see the online and multiplayer issues that other do but for me it's playing fine right now. Just patiently waiting for that British GT Championship update.

Back