The Dress

• Thread starter Robin
  • 297 comments

What Colour Is This Dress?

• Blue With Black Stripes

• White With Gold Stripes

• Another Colour Combination

• Not Sure Because I Only Wear Them On Weekends...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lol, next up is all the different ways that people write the number 8. Start at the top? Going left or going right? Start at the bottom? Start in the middle? Two circles that touch?

9 is just a trolling attempt. Why would you make four lines when you can make two?

Amusingly, it's pretty close to the mathematicians x which isn't represented. It tends to get drawn as a backwards c and a normal c touching in the middle.

Lol, next up is all the different ways that people write the number 8. Start at the top? Going left or going right? Start at the bottom? Start in the middle? Two circles that touch
It's an S followed by a superimposed backwards S for me. Less new muscle movements to learn than with two circles. Although I suspect I'm trying to employ intellectual logic to justify a decision made and enforced subconsciously.

Lol, next up is all the different ways that people write the number 8. Start at the top? Going left or going right? Start at the bottom? Start in the middle? Two circles that touch?

Untitled.jpg

8 - Start top middle and work anti-clockwise to the bottom right and keep going clockwise to the top right

The decade couldn't end without at least one more internet debate going viral. This time it is a Tiktok video of someone swinging and not being able to tell if they are facing the camera or building:

I haven't put too much thought into this one. Apparently, it changes halfway through so fight amongst yourselves. ;)

If he's facing the building then when he backswings his arse is riding one of the poles holding the swing up.

[EDIT] Treed by one of the comments.

Now we can all argue over whether the decade ends at the end of this year or the next. There's still time!

If he's facing the building then when he backswings his arse is riding one of the poles holding the swing up.

[EDIT] Treed by one of the comments.

Now we can all argue over whether the decade ends at the end of this year or the next. There's still time!

I can see it both ways, but, the first clip, on that back swing, it's obvious the top bar is in front of the swinger... swingie?

Also, the decade is 20-29. No need to argue over that.

Year Zero always starts the decade, the century, the millennium, or (for High Castle fans) the new American history.

The decade couldn't end without at least one more internet debate going viral. This time it is a Tiktok video of someone swinging and not being able to tell if they are facing the camera or building:

I haven't put too much thought into this one. Apparently, it changes halfway through so fight amongst yourselves. ;)

She is facing the building. Those who see the leg of the set across her body are succumbing to a trick their brain is playing on them. Plus look at how the bench and other set relate to the one she's swinging on.

0-9. It ends this year.

Also, the decade is 20-29. No need to argue over that.
Nope. Wrong.

:P

And I start my 8 in the middle, clockwise up and then clockwise down from the middle without the tip leaving the paper. It's just silly to do it any other way.

Now that I thought about it, I don't know how I actually did it beforehand. OCD triggered

I know I started at the top half.

edit: I think it's at the top right side going counter-clockwise. crisis averted

Last edited:
Yep, definitely looks like facing away from the building.
Year Zero always starts the decade, the century, the millennium, or (for High Castle fans) the new American history.
You forgot Pol Pot but while decades may start with zero for you and me and most people on this thread, with no actual year zero to begin from this debate isn't going away any time soon just because people say it is.

And I'm not changing the way I write my eights for anyone. It's too late for that.

Last edited:
Now that I thought about it. I don't know how I actually did it beforehand. OCD triggered

I know I started at the top half.

edit: I think it's at the top right side going counter-clockwise. crisis averted
Okay, but are you sure?

I love how we do something countless times without even thinking, but the moment we're put on the spot to demonstrate it, we get very stupid.

Okay, but are you sure?

I love how we do something countless times without even thinking, but the moment we're put on the spot to demonstrate it, we get very stupid.

Pretty sure, it works the best for me. I have a notepad page full of 8s testing it out. :lol:

Also, method 5 for the x's

I draw two diagonal straight lines crossing each other vertically then add in a curved line at the top and one at the bottom.

Someone saw me doing it and said it was weird but I never thought much about it before that.

Start at the top, curve down to the left 'til I get to the "middle" of the 8, full downwards circle to the right, back up the "other" way to the top... surely everybody does it like that?! :D

Start at the top, curve down to the left 'til I get to the "middle" of the 8, full downwards circle to the right, back up the "other" way to the top... surely everybody does it like that?! :D
The best thing is that you can use the same muscle memory you use to write an "S" and don't have to develop a new one!

Meh... everybody types nowadays anyway.

I actually start in the upper right.

Also for X I do number 7 on the chart.

I actually love bumping this thread because it usually means there is a weird viral internet debate going on... And that's the case with people questioning whether there are more wheels or doors in the world, which spawned out of this tweet

I haven't thought about it too much, but I'm siding with team wheels (It would be much easier to pick a side if cheap coupes were still as popular as they were a couple of decades ago :P )

TB
Are we counting lawn mower, bike, etc wheels?
I presume any circular object that revolves on an axle is being counted, even items like flywheels and timing chains.

Conversely, anything that acts as a moveable barrier is probably being counted as a door, like a hatch or a hood.

Back