The dumbest AI mistakes you've ever seen

United States
FL, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Milky Way
TeamACRZARacingo
GyroxOpex
I was just wondering guys, what are the dumbest AI mistakes you've ever seen either in career mode or arcade mode? Pics are welcome!

no pics but doing a race at eiger norwand short,fourth place right behind second and third.Third nicked seconds bumper right at the end of the jump,second place nose dived and skidded sideways causing me to t-bone him.Carnage after that,everyone behind of course kept flying into me whenever I tried to turn around...shouldve saved the replay lol

I do find that the AI has a comical time trying to drive the X Standard cars during the championship. They make X Off-Roading look easy.

In the Standard Red Bull Challenge, first race of the championship at Silverstone I came across a spun AI vehicle on the last corner, first time I've ever seen the AI crash out

I don't know if it was a mistake or a calculated move but I got pitted by 2nd place ai coming into the last corner at Silverstone on my last lap
felt like a Mario blue shell moment..

Was driving the Willow Springs 20 mile race.. Was about halfway through, just before the first pit stop, coming through the wide turn on the loop: A Ferrari California was trailing on the inside of a Ford GT, when the rear tires of the Cali decided to go. He tried to save it and ended up pitting the Ford GT in the process... I laughed all the way to the end of the race.

In the Standard Red Bull Challenge, first race of the championship at Silverstone I came across a spun AI vehicle on the last corner, first time I've ever seen the AI crash out

It's the only time I've seen the A.I making mistakes too. In my case, half of the whole grid spun out in the middle of the track. Coolest thing I've seen in any GT so far. I don't think I'll see it again, because I'm not doing that event ever again.

Yeah I saw the AI having quite a few issues in the Red Bull Standard races. Was kinda funny.
I remember of GT5 the AI had some serious issues in the FGT on Nurburgring GP massive pile ups on the last sector and in GT4 they had some serious issues on Lagua Seca in the FGT especially after the cork screw, seemed like every lap at least one of them would be off in the sand.

I was running Route X on Like The Wind yesterday and, while working my way quickly through the field in my 2J, I noticed a car spinning behind me on the little moving map....watched the replay in sheer disbelief as one of the Ai cars came up on another car and didn't quite move over enough and clipped it's back quarter causing the car to spin numerous times. Route X race really does show how idiotic the drones are!

Caused by me was one of the RB Juniors at Grand Valley...coming out of Turn 1 hairpin, I pushed one of the AI wide so he went on the grass, at which point he kept the throttle down and re-entered the track almost sideways and drove straight into another car....and then another 3 drove straight into the car stranded across the track...so funny

It's the only time I've seen the A.I making mistakes too. In my case, half of the whole grid spun out in the middle of the track. Coolest thing I've seen in any GT so far. I don't think I'll see it again, because I'm not doing that event ever again.

But it's such good money? Nearly 2.5 million in under 30 minutes...

In the Red Bull X2014 Fan Car challenge on Spa, i saw Vettel take a short-cut thru the very last chicane and fly into a wall.

Infamous "epic stoppie" this one was so hard the car actually had scuff damage on the lower air dam skirt afterwards...
Côte d'Azur_4.jpg

Apricot standard RBX cars... you can see me in the back with the yellow tipped nose behind the red car. Somehow managed to drive right past by keeping my line as they all skidded out of the way.
Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg

Last edited:
Today, I managed to get gold on the first 2 Sebastien Vettel X races (Monza and Spa Francorchamps). During the Spa Francorchamps race, final lap at the chicane, the A.I. tried to cut the chicane, and failed miserably. I managed to finish the race and got gold on it. Saved a replay of the race afterward.

Everytime I race at apricot hill with red bull x2014 standard, the ai at the second part of the first corner spin out and the wrecked ai get hit from the other ais.

Edit:I must Be late for posting this reply

I don't understand.
AI in a F430 is unable to perform a simple overtake on another AI. If that were two similar cars at a Nurb i would get it. But it's just embarrassing to see how long it takes a ferrari to overtake a hatchback. AI has the same mentality as GT5 B-spec drivers.

the weirdest thing i saw was at the beggining of a race, I saw an A.I do a dead stop in the turn in of the first corner and stayed stoped all through the race in the same spot. o_O

Back