The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
I have done the Blue Moon Bay race a couple times for easy money. Though I haven't used anything lower than N700 (the 650S, which could easily have been tuned to N600) there.

Nice, I've been doing the Bluemoon N300 race for quite a few times already. My record is 12:10 with clean race bonus. The other 2 races work with the N300 as well, but take longer and being alone in front isn't all that fun. Too bad there's no N200 car expensive enough to try.

I've tried to do the Porsche one clean, yet with a fuel starved car and the aggressive boost the AI gets now and then a little tap happens easily. Bluemoon bay is tricky enough to do clean with the huge speed differences in corners and straights. It's fun when you time it right and slide right through the pack. Reloading the track also changes the opponents slightly, changing between getting in first on lap 10 or in the very last corner with about equivalent overall time. A 12:30 time usually nets you an easy win with a Veyron up front, yet once I barely made it to first in the last corner with 12:14 total. A Ferrari up front is harder to beat, it takes off like a rocket in the straights, watch your mirrors!

Too bad there are no leaderboards for this race. At least the replay lists the time for my own reference.

The Porsche Cup race has a bug. I started it on RH and set it to fuel map 4, so I could squeeze out 10 laps, which worked fine and I had a couple of tight battles with the AI. Then I pitted and after the pitstop I was suddenly able to do 12 laps on fuel map 1 (same on second and third stint). :odd:

Naturally, it was pretty easy to lap the whole field in the remaining 20 laps.

If that's a consistent bug, you could actually do the race with close to no fuel saving, because you just need to do 6 laps on your first stint.

The Porsche Cup race has a bug. I started it on RH and set it to fuel map 4, so I could squeeze out 10 laps, which worked fine and I had a couple of tight battles with the AI. Then I pitted and after the pitstop I was suddenly able to do 12 laps on fuel map 1 (same on second and third stint). :odd:

Naturally, it was pretty easy to lap the whole field in the remaining 20 laps.

If that's a consistent bug, you could actually do the race with close to no fuel saving, because you just need to do 6 laps on your first stint.
For whatever reason, you start the race with 70% fuel rather than a full tank.

Nice, I've been doing the Bluemoon N300 race for quite a few times already. My record is 12:10 with clean race bonus. The other 2 races work with the N300 as well, but take longer and being alone in front isn't all that fun. Too bad there's no N200 car expensive enough to try.

I've tried to do the Porsche one clean, yet with a fuel starved car and the aggressive boost the AI gets now and then a little tap happens easily. Bluemoon bay is tricky enough to do clean with the huge speed differences in corners and straights. It's fun when you time it right and slide right through the pack. Reloading the track also changes the opponents slightly, changing between getting in first on lap 10 or in the very last corner with about equivalent overall time. A 12:30 time usually nets you an easy win with a Veyron up front, yet once I barely made it to first in the last corner with 12:14 total. A Ferrari up front is harder to beat, it takes off like a rocket in the straights, watch your mirrors!

Too bad there are no leaderboards for this race. At least the replay lists the time for my own reference.

Yep, La Ferrari is unbelievable. I note that with the not so fast cars that if you get a fair way past them they give up but if you slowly draw level on the straights then they put their foot down and move ahead of you at a pace you can't match . You really have to pass them cleanly on turn 1 and 3 but the Ferrari is SOOOO difficult.

CJ

Great advice @Famine 👍
I'm using a stock Huracan, with racing super soft tires.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180109235012.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180109235032.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180109235040.jpg

i also noticed that it says non race cars priced over 10 mill, but the most expensive car we have now is the Lamborghini Veneno which is 3,640,000 mill, so i wonder if we are getting some even more expensive cars in the future.

i also noticed that it says non race cars priced over 10 mill, but the most expensive car we have now is the Lamborghini Veneno which is 3,640,000 mill, so i wonder if we are getting some even more expensive cars in the future.
It's a translation/exchange rate issue. It's 10m in the Japanese game, but that converts to 100,000 in the US/EU game. Whoever translated it got it right, but no-one told them about the exchange rate :D

I've done the Blue Bay trick with the XBow. Definitely watch out and for the AI in the turns, as you can easily lose the Clean Race bonus from colliding with them. When you're with the top 3-4 cars, keep an eye on them in the straightaways, as they have a tendency to bump into you if you don't move out of the way (resulting in losing the Clean Race bonus).

E - If the LaFerrari is 1st place car, you should be able to finish with about a 4-5 second gap. If Veyron is 1st place, 5-7 seconds gap. I've found myself to catch up to the top cars between laps 9-12. Best race time for me was 11:56, so definitely possible to finish under 12 minutes. :)

I like doing the Nurburgring one in the SFR, except I set it to two laps, as on the second lap the opponents reduce their speed as soon as they emerge from the pits, which means they lap around the same pace as you do... introduces a little more excitement as I generally catch that pesky Audi at Tiergarten. I doubt it yields rewards any faster though.

I've done the Blue Bay trick with the XBow. Definitely watch out and for the AI in the turns, as you can easily lose the Clean Race bonus from colliding with them. When you're with the top 3-4 cars, keep an eye on them in the straightaways, as they have a tendency to bump into you if you don't move out of the way (resulting in losing the Clean Race bonus).

E - If the LaFerrari is 1st place car, you should be able to finish with about a 4-5 second gap. If Veyron is 1st place, 5-7 seconds gap. I've found myself to catch up to the top cars between laps 9-12. Best race time for me was 11:56, so definitely possible to finish under 12 minutes. :)

Is that a clean race? Anyway challenge accepted. It will be a while until I get under 12 minutes. You're running at 47.7s per lap avg for 11:56. I can only get under 48s for a lap when the cars line up to draft them. High 48 when I have no one to draft. I can push it a bit more in the corners yet losing that 50% for a few seconds is painful!

Yep, La Ferrari is unbelievable. I note that with the not so fast cars that if you get a fair way past them they give up but if you slowly draw level on the straights then they put their foot down and move ahead of you at a pace you can't match . You really have to pass them cleanly on turn 1 and 3 but the Ferrari is SOOOO difficult.

CJ

The Ferrari tends to break out in turn 3 as well, making it more difficult to go around, and slow way down in turn 1, hog the apex and move far wide again. Add a couple of back markers in the corner and it's quite a challenge to keep it clean and get passed. Some of the back markers suddenly get into the spirit again as well, watch out for them at T2 as they'll cut you off.

I wish it would give the money amounts without the clean race bonus. The first one lap N100 vs Gr. 1
Nordschleife says 210,000 but that's with the bonus. Clean race bonus is always +50%?

Hmm.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying the Nordschleife race. Not the 24hr one, right? At least it specificly says to choose the Nordschleife layout in the post.

I set the options as listed. I finish the first lap, 2nd place but I made alot of mistakes and should manage to beat the Audi I believe. But now I need to finish the "Final lap". That results in the other guys catching up again, and I run out if fuel.

What am I doing wrong here? Is it supposed to be the 24H layout?

Is that a clean race? Anyway challenge accepted. It will be a while until I get under 12 minutes. You're running at 47.7s per lap avg for 11:56. I can only get under 48s for a lap when the cars line up to draft them. High 48 when I have no one to draft. I can push it a bit more in the corners yet losing that 50% for a few seconds is painful!
Yeah, that one was a clean race. :)
Yep! Most of my laps are in the 47 second range.
I'm pretty inconsistent on Turn 1, though. I sometimes end up making the car slide a bit, losing speed in the process.
Let me know how it goes!

You need 2343707XP to hit level 50. If we assume perfect conditions with the first event, not only consistently winning every time, but also getting the clean race bonus every time, and we cut out any setup/after-race downtime from our calculatons, you get 204.545XP per minute.

This works out to about 191 hours of constant grinding to get to level 50. If you grinded for three hours straight every day, it would take you over two months to hit level 50.

Hmm.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying the Nordschleife race. Not the 24hr one, right? At least it specificly says to choose the Nordschleife layout in the post.

I set the options as listed. I finish the first lap, 2nd place but I made alot of mistakes and should manage to beat the Audi I believe. But now I need to finish the "Final lap". That results in the other guys catching up again, and I run out if fuel.

What am I doing wrong here? Is it supposed to be the 24H layout?

Well did it with the 24H layout and beat it on the first shot. Case closed :D

That news....really??
Showing the "audience" how to cheat and win by tricks?
"Raise the fuel consumption to x10 for win the race" Thats the Spirit of GT-S!
I wonder why the news-dude dont show all the glitch videos from youtube......instead of this "News".

Stop trolling. If this news is your idea of cheating then you're smoking too much weed or something. It's tips to earn cash easier to help.

That news....really??
Showing the "audience" how to cheat and win by tricks?
"Raise the fuel consumption to x10 for win the race" Thats the Spirit of GT-S!
I wonder why the news-dude dont show all the glitch videos from youtube......instead of this "News".

Stop trolling. If this news is your idea of cheating then you're smoking too much weed or something. It's tips to earn cash easier to help.

You want to say: Winning a race by let all opponents running out of fuel after a half lap, is valid in mind of sportsmanship.
You confirm my picture of the usual gt-s player.
Money earned with that dirty trick is worthless.

The pit stop glitch is definitely exploiting a bug. The AI running out of fuel is not a bug, although I doubt the AI uses the fuel map option? It's still exploiting unintentional behavior. Both are too boring anyway. At least drifting 200 circles underneath Tokyo expressway with 20 people had its fun competitive moments. Good old days.

Why is the payout for sport races so bad. I'm nearing 800 sport races, yet GT League probably earned me more than all that online racing. You went up 8 places, great race, here's 200 xp...

Blue Moon Bay, the Dodge Tomahawk Technology and a tie wrap around the controller gas pedal is all I need. :)

I'll get back into normal racing soon though but I'm busy with other things at the moment and this is nice to keep up with the weekly mileage store.

The pit stop glitch is definitely exploiting a bug. The AI running out of fuel is not a bug, although I doubt the AI uses the fuel map option? It's still exploiting unintentional behavior. Both are too boring anyway. At least drifting 200 circles underneath Tokyo expressway with 20 people had its fun competitive moments. Good old days.

Why is the payout for sport races so bad. I'm nearing 800 sport races, yet GT League probably earned me more than all that online racing. You went up 8 places, great race, here's 200 xp...

They wanted this game to have longevity and such they put an absurdly high level cap. That I understand and respect, although having a trophy for hitting said level cap is a bit ridiculous.

They wanted this game to have longevity and such they put an absurdly high level cap. That I understand and respect, although having a trophy for hitting said level cap is a bit ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with making it last yet the way GTS does it is very dry. They should take a note from Evolution Studios. DriveClub extended the max level throughout the life time of the game and added expert levels for which certain time trials had to be completed. Plus there was no cap to how many points you could have and the amount you got per race increased by building up the club. It was a pretty addictive meta game with all the accolade bonuses. Pointless as you couldn't buy anything, yet add a global leader board and rivalries sprout up by themselves.

The daily races are fun, but the game could use some more. Bring back the seasonal events from GT5. That was a good way to earn some extra money for cars.

I usually do the Kyoto racetrack with N500 VS GR.4 or N600 VS GR.3 for 14 laps i can get 200.000$ in 30 mins, and if clean race 300.000$ in 30 mins.
The fun part is that you can use many cars ( like Enzo - Viper - AMG GTS - F40 etc ) to enjoy a new experience against a Pro AI :)

How does this make GTS enjoyable to race? A Gt86 against LMP1 and Vision GT's? Really? Is that how one's supposed to enjoy this game?

I am now at level 25 and lost all interest in going any further in the game. Luckily there are other options out there.

Back