The end of the road for GT Sport

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 19 comments
Greece
Athens
Nickf1gr
Having several months away from any kind of update its obvious that the end is near for GT Sport... And with release of GT7 coming that makes more difficult... The target of amount of cars not achieved.... Let's wait the GT7 for our requests..

With GT7 expected maybe next year are they just going to let this sit with the servers up and that's it?

The only reason why I play GT Sport now is for league racing. After it switches over to GT7, I'm never going back.

Personally I'd love GT7 to be basically the same but with more race cars, more refined and defined classes, better tracks and a better penalty system. Rest can stay as-is for me anyways. The car classes is a big one as it really limits the daily race options because the groups are all a mess.

This.
If they try to push a big single player thing I won’t buy it.

GT Sport was certainly a bold experiment, but it is time to go back to what is proven to work with GT7.

Im probably in the minority here but the problem with GT Sport offline is that besides from not buying parts, it didn't deviate at all from previous GT games. It's the same stale fare.

Last edited:
GT Sport was certainly a bold experiment, but it is time to go back to what is proven to work with GT7.
Some parts of the 'experiment' did work, though - the Livery Editor and the FIA events, for example. We know from the original trailer description that the former at least is coming back in some way, which I'm glad about since those two features are what keep me playing GT Sport the most.

To me its a bit sad its ending like this... since the early part of covid they said to expect 'modest updates' and that translates to "no updates".

It feels like GT5/6 and Sport all died with this kind of pathetic and quite sad whimper under the glitz of a new console, new title and so many people go out of their way to excuse their behaviour by saying that its and "old title" and that they are all hands on deck with the new and that the current title and current console should already be consigned to the wastebin along with the ps3 and those two old cell titles...

On just about every other aspect the PS4 was probably a incredible success and yet with only one partial entry for PD this time one cant help but expected a little better.... OH Well lets buy a PS5 for Xmas and wait until late 2021 for GT7!!!

The car count isnt the main issue currently with GT sport, its the fact that most of them arent utilised in any meaningful way. They get thrown into the miscellaneous bucket, and dont get used properly in an actual category like Group 3 or 4

This. Honestly for me, road cars, just need exotics and proper sports cars like the 86, everything else is just a waste of time and effort.

Racing games always get too broad trying to throw everything into the one basket rather than refine what they have, Project Cars 2 is a fine example of that, what a fiasco.

Snow, rally etc can all bugger off, just not needed. Dire need of better class structure and proper race tracks. If you replace Alsace, St Croix, Autopolis etc with Road America, Donnington, Imola etc ..... it's be 100 times better. Too many tracks right now have way too much mikey mouse, too long, too many pointless corners. I mean Spa is long, so is road America but EVERY corner feels right, feels like it leads other next not fiddly useless bits like those i mentioned above. Fuji another, honestly just cut out the 3rd sector, what absolute rubbish.

I'm ok with a tightly curated list of cars that are all thoughtfully drive modelled AND 'completement' each other to make a good race grid.

I do not agree with things like the Renault Gordini in Gr.X or unicorns like the Zonda R or P1GTR which just do not fit into a race.

I certainly do not agree with the current Gr.C mess that cant race each other ONLY.

I'm having fun with these, new to GT Sport, cars.
IMG_20200906_201110.jpg

For so many things PD should have gotten right, they gave us more than a few gems.

As someone who got a ps4 a year ago and bought GT Sport as the first game I'm very happy with the game and what is has delivered. I stopped playing for a while but I'm back and certainly enjoy it more now.

The online component is the best in my opinion and I usually hate multiplayer games. I just don't like the shorter daily race now that I did my first FIA ones. We need to have the dailies, but they gotta be a bit longer imo.

I'm a fan, I love pretty much everything about this game. It was made with love, there's no doubt.

To me its a bit sad its ending like this... since the early part of covid they said to expect 'modest updates' and that translates to "no updates".

Well, five updates so far. They have been modest in content though.

As someone who got a ps4 a year ago and bought GT Sport as the first game I'm very happy with the game and what is has delivered. I stopped playing for a while but I'm back and certainly enjoy it more now.

The online component is the best in my opinion and I usually hate multiplayer games. I just don't like the shorter daily race now that I did my first FIA ones. We need to have the dailies, but they gotta be a bit longer imo.

I'm a fan, I love pretty much everything about this game. It was made with love, there's no doubt.

I agree, but unlike you I've played GT Sport almost every day since april 2018, and witnessing the game growing richer from month to month was the main thrill for me.

GT Sport will end its lifespan being a good game remaining in that state, not more or not less than GT5 and GT6.

But I think we must keep wanting PD to make Gran Turismo 7 a far better game by correcting the previous games' faults.

Back