Suspended:The Endurance World Tour,

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 1,015 comments
@GTP_Nail , @Argon , @Bass Addict ,@oldguy58 ,@micantony ,@quentin1974, @Goldomor ,@Dogwolf77, @ @geeTeye, @ZOPPO GT, @jas1101, @oldboy1943, @GTP_Guido, @GTP_Versatile, @Renrag39, @Jamie duerden, @Missedapex420, @twiget56, @Reyne111, @tincanofdeath, @ZOPPO GT, @Revo 54 ,@Robin Pole , @NASCARNATE91 ,@Nick Cannella , @Neutty ,@smoker_boss89 , @ @Chuk713

Race at Spa tomorrow at 1300 Central.
2 hours thirty minutes
2 5 minute mandatory pit stops (must be started 15 minutes after the start and 30 minutes prior to finish)
Driver must designate 2 cars as noted in post 736 above
(G4 cars are primarily designated for AM drivers. Pros are allowed for this race only and MAY be forced into G3 if G3 is weak tomorrow . In the future PRO drivers are limited to G2/3).

I thought the race was on the 19th...:scared:
hmm... let me see...er a.... oops...well what the h...

Ok where are my minders when I need them... I think I will go hide in the ladies room.

Well the room will open for something on the appointed hour. How about a Gr3/4 race...but you are correct larry. Mea culpa.

Last edited:
Actually my screw up solved a problem. We had a situation where Pro drivers could use G4 cars today in the monthly race as they had not been advised that Pro drivers are limited to G2/3 cars. Now, since the Spa 24 will not be today, Pro drivers can drive G4 cars today but MAY NOT designate G4 as their primary car for the current 3 race set. If they are planing to race a G3 car, they will designate a G4 car to be used in case we collapse the room due to nonattendance of sufficient drivers to have G3/4 with at least 3 cars each.

Since this was my screw up...today will be a 1/2 points race with a length of either one hour or 90 minutes (to be determined by who shouts the loudest in the chat...lol). All classes are permitted as long as they have adequate number of class entrants. Room opens in 10 min.

Quick question, so I don't screw up and miss out. The official points race for Spa is not today, but next Sunday the 19th?
Today is exhibition (more or less).

Results Spa 90 Min. (Half Points)

EOHIVsNWoAAYu3E.jpg

eohivsnwoaayu3e-jpg.881256

Class G2

Argon 2.5

Class G3 Pro 4 pro entrants. Scoring for 4

Von S 4.5

Markus 3.17

Antony 1.42

Bruno .62

Doug see am. Put in co 2d for am points

Class G4 AM 6 Entrants

Scott 4.90

Ned /Doug 3.7

Zoppo 2.9

Rev 2.08

Bruns 1.25

VLN Scoring grid....it must make sense in German logic...to me its backwards...
wertung.gif

Last edited:
As you can see the more entrants per class the more points.
I have doubled the G2 score due to small fields.
You can see the need to either put all Pro drivers not in G2 into G3 and to put all AM drivers into G4.(or you points are what you get..Doug would have gotten 0.15 ish instead of my arbitrary gift of .94. As Doug was a lone driver in G3 h would have gotten screwed in the pro am score so I just dropped him into the AM score where it felt good...equal with me (but as to that being the best thing to do I have no idea).

The bottom line is that if we want a Pro/Am class either we all drive the same class cars...:mad: or the pro's drive two set divisions with equal points for position given regardless of actual grid size in G2/3, and the Ams drive G4 (probably no cry of outrage there :lol:).

So I am going all the way back to Interlagos and awarding Pro points based on the larger of the two fields in G2/3. AM drivers will get points based on G3 finishes with the exception of Scott who was an occasional G2 driver as an AM. He will get points for finishing the same place as me (lucky you!!)

No wonder @Bass Addict went and hid in the ladies room (he had volunteered to be the score keeper and he was lucky to have his Grand Kids blow away his file....:lol:.) The VLN grid is very easy to use, even if it seems a bit cheap of them for giving me zero point whatever for my hard drive today.

BTW....nice driving guys:irked::irked::irked::irked::irked: EXCEPT.....DO NOT TRY TO HELP FASTER CARS WHEN THEY LAP YOU.:( Pretend that they are not there. Drive your line and pretend to be surprised when they blow by. You can "give them a lift" AFTER they are committed to the pass. DO NOT fall off the track and ruin your race being nice.

Hey Scott....fun race from two old SCCA types!!!!

Disregard the points... I misread the chart...its not backwards after all.:dunce:..I'll redo the points when I get a chance.

Edit:done

Last edited:
Rev and I tested some fun cars for Zoppos Class C race at LeMans this Thursday afternoon..I drove the Jag, the Mazda and the Porsche all with tunes and BOP provided. We may mess around with them and other historics after we finish with Tour cars tomorrow afternoon

Hey guys
Tomorrow Zoppo startet a 70 minutes Group C race with the old Group C cars at le Mans at 8 pm german time.
Here are the Bop's of the cars.

Jaguar XJR-9 ´88 61 / 96
Mazda 787 B ´91 70 / 103
Mercedes C9 ´89 61 / 96
Nissan R92CP ´92 60 / 95
Porsche 962C ´88 99 / 100

hope to see you :-)

The Group C cars, with serious reduction in power via BOP, are great fun and I can see them being included occasionally in Historic races. As I predicted the Porsche was a bit too fast for the rest of the pack and @Goldomor and @ZOPPO GT and I ( in 962s....Markus and I had done a short test the night before and both of us were noticeably faster over the full lap)were well ahead of the pack when I had to leave the race during the second pit stop after enjoying a dice with Zoppo ( and watching Markus vanish into the distance!).

While the reduction of power removed the jaw dropping acceleration of the older cars their handling remained and they were fun to drive!

I left because I had a trip to the park to walk the dogs ( and the humans) planned and we stopped the race to let late arrivers in ( to be clear I fully approve of stoping test races to let others in) which caused us torun late. Zoppo was about 5 seconds behind me and we traded tenths until I lost my concentration while figuring out how to leave the race. I finally parked in the pits when I stopped for my last stop with Zoppo’s 962 all over my derriere.

The cars are great fun and the historic liveries were sweet

Last edited:
Now... please post here the primary car you plan to drive this Sunday in the Spa 24 so we can see how the field is split. This will determine if the moderators need to change classes to even up the grid.

Nail27. McLaren G4

2.5 hours

Practice/qualify/race

2 mandatory 5 minute pitstops which may be taken to start after the first 30 minutes and the second must be completed prior to the last 30 minutes.

go to post one to refresh your mind on normal rules and regs.

Remember this is a long race so even-if you get behind your car still plays a critical part in the flow of the race. While you should not fight tooth and claw with cars while being lapped you need not become passive. Endurance racing is all about the ebb and flow, enjoy it.:cheers:

Last edited:
Now... please post here the primary car you plan to drive this Sunday in the Spa 24 so we can see how the field is split. This will determine if the moderators need to change classes to even up the grid.

Nail27. McLaren G4

VonSchmitten. Ferrari gr 3

Back