Suspended:The Endurance World Tour,

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 1,015 comments
We will be opening a room with the Ring Rats at noon for some practice and fun ....which...depends on who shows.

That seems sweet. But I have to ask before commiting about sanctions if you miss some events - adult life gets in the way sometimes - and I'm a huge liability on the Nordschleife for one lap, let alone two hours, so I would just skip this race (if this is allowed). In any case, if someone happens to be able to commit to the full schedule and needs a spot on the regular series grid, I see no problem in giving up mine. I'd sure jump in on some events as a one-off entry then.

GTP ID: wowbaggerBR
PSN ID: wowbagger_84
Car preference: Porsche 911 RSR 917
Team name if you plan to run in the Pro/Am Championship: Ambitious, but Rubbish GP (but I'm open to join in any team)
Driver Class estimate: AM

@wowbaggerBR the way Ned has this set up you can miss two races and still get points but we are all in the same boat as you, life comes first 👍. Great to have you join us :cheers:

Edit: see post 3 for current status

Here are the possible PRO/AM Classifications
Pros
@Argon GR2 Lexus Mike
@Goldomor UNK Marcus
@jas1101 GT3 BMW

Either
@Bass Addict Gr2 Larry
@micantony UNK
@quentin1974 GT3 Godzilla

AM
@GTP_Nail Gr2 Nissan Ned
@wowbaggerBR GT3 Porsche
@oldboy1943 GT3 Peugeot RCZ
@oldguy58 GR2 Lexus
@Dogwolf77 GT3 Godzilla
@TheGeologist GT3 Viper
@geeTeye GT3 Corvette Anthony
@ZOPPO GT GT3 Mustang Zoppo
@Renrag39. either class

Above is what it looks like now. Can't remember @quentin1974 's, @micantony 's speed, and larry (@Bass Addict ) is getting too fast for his britches...lol so he is bordering on Pro

We will, in all likelihood, have more than one room from the onset, varying from month to month, and while we originally said the room split number was 20, we need to talk about that as we really want EVERYBODY to race if they are present. Say if we had 17 how do we split. I will put those who have designated class next to their tags above.

Its getting to be time to have car class commitments so we can logically split rooms.

Last edited:
Room will open in @ half an hour for practice and we will do short races until we have enough to do "stint races"

Thanks to all. We had a seriously good and fun practice with 14 or so. We had a good crew of guys who were signed up and a great group of guys who race with @ZOPPO GT in Germany. Great manners and racing. It was no real problem for the two groups to race as both of our series run under similar rules and have the same attitude towards driving. I took a Gr2 car at Autopolis, and while I was not fast in it, I did overtake a bunch of Gr3 guys and got to see just how they all reacted to blue flag situations. The only problems I noted were caused by Gr3 guys “trying to get out of the way”. Remember its all about the faster car passing you, not you “letting him by”. If you ignore the Gr2 cars and let them pass you it is easier and does less damage to your race.. I know its human nature to try and get out of the way but do not give in to that impulse. Hold your line.

Good to have a large grid with plenty of speed diversity...for once!

Zoppo’s series takes place the last Sunday of the Month and the details are posted above. Hopefully we can race in each others series. I plan to add my car to the grid.

Here are the possible PRO/AM Classifications
Pros
@Argon GR2 Lexus Mike
@Goldomor UNK Marcus
@jas1101 GT3 BMW

Either
@Bass Addict Gr2 Larry
@micantony UNK
@quentin1974 GT3 Godzilla

AM
@GTP_Nail Gr2 Nissan Ned
@wowbaggerBR GT3 Porsche
@oldboy1943 GT3 Peugeot RCZ
@oldguy58 GR2 Lexus
@Dogwolf77 GT3 Godzilla
@TheGeologist GT3 Viper
@geeTeye GT3 Corvette Anthony
@ZOPPO GT GT3 Mustang Zoppo

Above is what it looks like now. Can't remember @quentin1974 's, @micantony 's speed, and larry (@Bass Addict ) is getting too fast for his britches...lol so he is bordering on Pro

We will, in all likelihood, have more than one room from the onset, varying from month to month, and while we originally said the room split number was 20, we need to talk about that as we really want EVERYBODY to race if they are present. Say if we had 17 how do we split. I will put those who have designated class next to their tags above.

Its getting to be time to have car class commitments so we can logically split rooms.
I have been so busy at work that I haven't made it to a Sunday practice but this Sunday I should be able to make it. Sucks because I know I have been missing out on some fun although I am loving the overtime money but not loving the overtime work.

No one did it yesterday but:

Remember no weaving on formation lap or pace before start.
On all tracks EXCEPT the Nordschliefe form up in staggered two by two, at the ring (not on the n24 circuit) the start will be single file

We now have 15 entries in the first room and I expect to fill at least 1/2 of another so we need to address room splits and host procedures.
The op states that we will split the room at 20 entries (4 waiting) but I feel that we should split the room whenever there is even one guy waiting. We race once a month and personally I would be really unhappy (pissed?) if I was left out , so I assume most of us would.

The number split is easy...50/50 with the odd car if there is one going to the first room.

There are two basic ways to do the class split. In other leagues they either split by driver speed, or by car class. This is fine but what if we have only 6 Gr2 cars.....splitting them would be absurd, and half the fun of endurance racing is those annoying idiots in the GR2 cars...lol...so what to do.
First of all, I will drive Gr2 if bodies are needed (under 6 perhaps?) and we need another couple of Gr3 drivers to do the same...flip flop cars.
The good thing is that your points are awarded by driver class in each car group so I, as perhaps the slowpoke, would love 6th in Gr2 vs 8th in Gr3.
We need to chat/talk about this on Wednesday and/or Sunday when we get together. This is a GREAT problem to have as an organizer, but from the admin point of view it sucks.

Back