The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Find the .scs file you downloaded (You might have downloaded a folder, in which case you should extract the .scs file to the follow place) and put it in My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mods. Then you simply enable it in the mod manager in game. :)

Find the .scs file you downloaded (You might have downloaded a folder, in which case you should extract the .scs file to the follow place) and put it in My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mods. Then you simply enable it in the mod manager in game. :)

Thank you!!! :)

SCS France is amazing. For the first time in a very long time , I am content using the vanilla map. (I haven't left France though haha)

That said , with all these new assets , I can't wait to see what the Promods team produce in the future. :)

At the moment my game is broken so I cannot actually see what's going on. Heard lots of amazing things about it though!

Looks nice.

Personally I'm waiting for the Promods update that incorporates the Promods map (France rework) and the SCS France DLC. Hopefully the Promods team will make great use of the new assets.

I haven't purchased the France DLC yet, I'm in no rush, although what I have seen so far looks very impressive.

Looks nice.

Personally I'm waiting for the Promods update that incorporates the Promods map (France rework) and the SCS France DLC. Hopefully the Promods team will make great use of the new assets.

I haven't purchased the France DLC yet, I'm in no rush, although what I have seen so far looks very impressive.

The update has been out for quite some time, it's version 2.15!

The update has been out for quite some time, it's version 2.15!
Has it?

I knew that they made an update that worked with the France DLC, but as far as I'm aware, they had to remove some of the Promods made France......it was a rushed compromise just to get it working.

I thought that they were then remodelling France again using both the Promods map and the DLC, a "best of both worlds".

I'd better get myself on the Promods site later and have a look. :)

The next release of Promods will be a blend of SCS' France and the previous Promods France map.

Personally , I think SCS France is pretty darn good , and I'm a diehard Promods fan. SCS did a great job optimising their latest map , the quality has hit a new high without game performance taking a big hit.
I'm quite content to stay on PM 2.15 :)

So question.

How many play this properly and stick to the rules of the road and how many turn off traffic infractions and just go as fast as you can?

Well sure but separate profiles. Only played the game with rules so far, waiting to get bored so that turning off the rules extends my playtime.
I mean drive as fast as you can with rules trying to not get busted lol.

So question.

How many play this properly and stick to the rules of the road and how many turn off traffic infractions and just go as fast as you can?
I play it and stick to most rules. I do sometimes speed a little when I'm in a rush, but I use the speed limiter, so I'm restricted with that too.

I turn the rules off along with police. Too many times I get charged for someone else running into me or get stuck a certain intersections waiting for my turn to go.

I drive either to the speed limit or slightly over. I use a traffic mod that kind of encourages me to do this so its realistic IMO :) I only run red lights if there is nobody around and I would be stopped at the intersection waiting for no reason.

Speed limits in Euro Truck are far too slow, no way I'm doing 80 km/h for like 500 or so kms. 110 is my desired speed, I do however stick to the other road rules. Same for ATS, the speed limits are fair in that game but regardless I'll do 75mph anyway if I can on highways/freeways.

Another amazing release from Promods. Not sure if its optimisation from SCS or the Promods team , but it seems to run better than ever ! I'm loving Ireland , they did a great job with it. How long was that in development ? Years ?! :lol:

Yeah I know it's double-double post after a few months later but I have a terribly annoying problem about this game, could anyone help me?

So I have an 1050Ti now, and every game what I play (including games from 2015) are always running above 40FPS. But this... this is disgusting. I get 20 DAMN FPS in this game... I'm using Promods and I know they said the system requirements are double of the original map, but still, 20? Don't suck me up, it's a 6 year old game. The Promods visuals aren't top notch either. Why is this so poorly optimized?

In a nutshell, does anyone have a solution for making the perfomance in this game better? I watched several videos on Youtube but they were useless, tried that core using trick too, but those didn't help either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back