The Ferrari Daytona (and Something Else) is Coming to GT Sport

In real life, it would get beaten by most N300 and even some N200 JDM cars. But here in GTS I can imagine it to be way faster than it actually is ( same as 512bb, Miura, countach etc ) and it will beat all JDM cars from N100 to N300, with only exception maybe Supra.

I don’t care if it’s beaten by a modern car, the whole point is that it’s an old car, and it both looks, feels, smells and sounds amazing. It’s not a grocery getter, although kudos to anyone who has tried :lol:

Wow, it's actually the Stinger from GTA Vice City! Except that it's a coupe with racing decals, of course. :D

Yes the Stinger from Vice City was based off the convertible Daytona, as a homage to the early seasons of Miami Vice, and at a stretch perhaps a reference to the Elliot Gould version of The Long Goodbye

Yes the Stinger from Vice City was based off the convertible Daytona, as a homage to the early seasons of Miami Vice, and at a stretch perhaps a reference to the Elliot Gould version of The Long Goodbye
That intrigues me. Would have been better if they retained its design for its HD universe counterpart in GTA V but that wasn't the case.

Since the next GTA is going to be based on Vice City, they might as well consider bringing back the Daytona's design for the Stinger.

In real life, it would get beaten by most N300 and even some N200 JDM cars. But here in GTS I can imagine it to be way faster than it actually is ( same as 512bb, Miura, countach etc ) and it will beat all JDM cars from N100 to N300, with only exception maybe Supra.

This a joke right? 365 gtb would beat any jdm car in real life. It maybe an old car but its fast.

Also 512bb, miura and countach arent faster then their real life version.

This a joke right? 365 gtb would beat any jdm car in real life. It maybe an old car but its fast.

Also 512bb, miura and countach arent faster then their real life version.
Testarossa and 348 which are far newer and faster than 365 got beaten by both nsx and r32 in early 90s, maybe even other jdm cars at that time, but I'm not sure. It sure is fast, but not that fast.

And why do you think that 512bb, Miura and countach are slower in the game? Because they aren't.

Testarossa and 348 which are far newer and faster than 365 got beaten by both nsx and r32 in early 90s, maybe even other jdm cars at that time, but I'm not sure. It sure is fast, but not that fast.

And why do you think that 512bb, Miura and countach are slower in the game? Because they aren't.
It sounds like they got beaten in wangan midnight. Or both R32 and nsx was heavily modified.

Also Im sure you are thinking like that because they are old. Well one of the facf is both Miura and countach are extremely lightweight (980kg and 1065kg) even todays standarts which would give them great advantage over any jdm car which they are usually around 1200-1500 kg. Also not to mention they have more power and much better aerodynamic body. If they still lose against a supra with those facts its probably means the driver is bad.

Although im thinking they arent faster then in game because they mostly reaches their top speeds what wikipedia says. And they have similar 0-100 times.

Last edited:
F727051F-0D46-4E96-AE4E-59B762E5AA81.gif

It sounds like they got beaten in wangan midnight. Or both R32 and nsx was heavily modified.

Although im thinking they arent faster then in game because they mostly reaches their top speeds what wikipedia says. And they have similar 0-100 times.
Wangan? Whaat. No, I meant in 1/4 mile times and mainly om tracks. All cars stock. I love these old cars like Daytona, but these are facts.

Top speeds might be similar, but braking, cornering speeds and mainly accelerations are way off. I once tried to test 1/4 mile time of Miura on sport tyres for fun. The time was 12s seconds flat and I didn't even use traction control. That is faster than a ferrari 360 and pretty much on the same level as some late 00s porsches, such as 997 GT3. Real life times are from low 14s to high 13s.

Wangan? Whaat. No, I meant in 1/4 mile times and mainly om tracks. All cars stock. I love these old cars like Daytona, but these are facts.

Top speeds might be similar, but braking, cornering speeds and mainly accelerations are way off. I once tried to test 1/4 mile time of Miura on sport tyres for fun. The time was 12s seconds flat and I didn't even use traction control. That is faster than a ferrari 360 and pretty much on the same level as some late 00s porsches, such as 997 GT3. Real life times are from low 14s to high 13s.
Its more down to the fact that all the cars use the same tyre grade in this game so old cars are way faster than they used to be on 1960s tyres. Regardless they still have other limitations like brakes and tyre width.

Basically its like putting a Miura on pilot supersports

Im sure you are thinking like that because they are old. Well one of the facf is both Miura and countach are extremely lightweight (980kg and 1065kg) even todays standarts which would give them great advantage over any jdm car which they are usually around 1200-1500 kg. Also not to mention they have more power and much better aerodynamic body. If they still lose against a supra with those facts its probably means the driver is bad.

Yes, they are lighter and more powerful, but you have to consider other things ad well. Suspensions, brakes, chassis, aerodynamics, downforce, transmissions, clutches and more. These JDM cars are way ahead of them and none of these old cars is more aerodynamic than nsx for example.

Same thing kind of happened in 2007, when R35 GTR was launched. People couldn't believe that it could kelp up, lots of times even beat cars that had lower weight and similar or more power power. It was just way ahead with other things.

Its more down to the fact that all the cars use the same tyre grade in this game so old cars are way faster than they used to be on 1960s tyres. Regardless they still have other limitations like brakes and tyre width.

Basically its like putting a Miura on pilot supersports
I thought of this too and it does make sense, although, they should still a bit slower

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought of this too and it does make sense, although, they should still a bit slower
They mostly are, its specialized cars like the Miura and GT40 that are exceptions to the rule, they are just monsters because well, they are.

Braking, cornering even acceleration obviously should be better because they dont use tyres from 1960s. Same for the 0-100 and 1/4mile times. They use same sport tyres what other jdm cars use.

Old cars use carburetors, have worse suspensions and their engines are generally less efficient and heavier. 50 years of progress is going to make them look pretty tired.

That's why you got the fast time. If you used comfort hards (the factory tires) it would be much more closer to it's actual time.
Is there any resource out there that lists what tyres are used out of the factory. And what they should be on in GTS?

I imagine Sports Hard are only for the very latest track focused cars like the 911 RS. An 80’s supercar like the F40 should be on Comfort Soft. Or even harder.

Old cars use carburetors, have worse suspensions and their engines are generally less efficient and heavier. 50 years of progress is going to make them look pretty tired.

Not arguing of which car is faster, but weight of engines and weather it is carbureted or fuel injected or even direct injection, doesn’t mater. The power the car makes and the total weight are the numbers that actually make the difference.

Is there any resource out there that lists what tyres are used out of the factory. And what they should be on in GTS?

I imagine Sports Hard are only for the very latest track focused cars like the 911 RS. An 80’s supercar like the F40 should be on Comfort Soft. Or even harder.
Look at the tread of the tires of any car using comfort tires. It's accurate to the real life tires found on those cars. Take the 1963 Corvette for example.
The comfort tires are the same to the factory bias-ply tires on the car. Chevrolet didn't offer a radial tire for the Corvette in '63. Look closely, the tread is the same as well as the thin white sidewall of course.
47714820d1357400398-general-confusion-on-tires-for-1963-uc1232.jpg

Look at the tread of the tires of any car using comfort tires. It's accurate to the real life tires found on those cars. Take the 1963 Corvette for example.
The comfort tires are the same to the factory bias-ply tires on the car. Chevrolet didn't offer a radial tire for the Corvette in '63. Look closely, the tread is the same as well as the thin white sidewall of course.
47714820d1357400398-general-confusion-on-tires-for-1963-uc1232.jpg
While they may visually look the part, they do not handle like bias ply tires because the tire compounds in the game are all generic radial compounds.

I don't want to sound too ungrateful but this is big pass for me. I'm just not into electric cars.
💡 If they are a mood to add Porsche, why not the Carrera GT, 911 GT1 strassenversion, 993 Carrera, 1973 Carrera RS, 928 GTS, 996 Turbo, 906, 964 Carrera, 917K, some 6 cylinder Cayman or Boxster.
I hope this update brings something else with it.:cheers:

Last edited:
I've just seen on Twitter that the Porsche Taycan Turbo S is coming as well.
(Still not sure how an electric car can be a turbo but then I never understood how a mans razor could be turbo either!)
Actually, despite its name the Porsche Taycan Turbo S doesn't have turbocharge involved. It's just a trim designation thing.

Back