• [YOUTUBE]txjfDYAdsDQ[/YOUTUBE]

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • [YOUTUBE]NbKpGfnOm3s[/YOUTUBE]

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

TRi

img0020rb7.jpg

AWD Drift Comp

Decided to show some love for the AWD drifters out there. This one will be similar to AO's Gauntlet. It will be an open freestyle drift demonstration. To sweeten it up even more, I will buy 3 months of GTPremium for the winner.

Rules/Structure:

* Entries have a maximum duration of 45 seconds.
* There will be 10 entries accepted. This means time is critical as it will be on a first come first serve basis. Once 10 entries have been received, polling will begin. The deadline will be Sunday December 3 11:59:59 PM EST.
* All cars driven must be All Wheel Drive.
* There are NO Track/HP/Tire/Camera/Aids/etc reqirements. Pretty much its open season as long as you're driving AWD cars.
* Multiple cars/tracks are allowed and recommended. Just be aware that you only have 45 seconds to show your stuff.
* Editing/Creativity/Variety is accepted and encouraged.
* Entrant upload their video to youtube. Do not post your video here.
* Entrant PM's me the link to their video ASAP.
* Please do not disclose your car choices or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
* 1 week of voting to determine winner.

Polling Rules:

* I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I will allow 2 votes per person, no more. If you vote for more than three vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
* I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.

Results:
Biggamehit- 8
~Drift King~ 7
TEAMDiablo3- 5
nos2- 3
SammiTougeGirl- 1

Congrats Biggamehit. I will be contacting you soon about your GTPremium.
Thank you to all participants.

Great idea!

I would, but I hate drifting AWD. :D It's fun to watch though.

In the event of a tie, I'll go ahead and cast the deciding vote. That way nobody can yell at TRi.

I love to drift my Stagea, but I can't capture a vid yet. but, I wish best of luck to everyone.

One Question.

Does it have to be one car doing a run or can we have multiple cars at different tracks?

It can be as many cars on as many tracks as you like. Thanks for asking since I tried to clarify this, but didn't do the best job. I would recommend as many different cars/tracks as possible, but given that there's only 45 seconds to work with you're gonna have to be selective and critical in editing.

In the event of a tie, I'll go ahead and cast the deciding vote. That way nobody can yell at TRi.

Radicool idea. I can forsee a tie happening and I don't want anyone yelling at me. Good lookin out.

BTW I'm just hosting this, not particpating.

Great idea TRi, sure there is gonna be a lot of good entry's. I would like to enter, but 1. Don't know if I have the time and 2. I am not the best at drifting 4WD. I might give it a try though. :)

hrm...

well, I'll try giving it a shot - not much of an AWD drifter though, but it's good opportunity to practice.

(btw TRi - I know you want to show 10 entries, but you might want to set some sort of timeline just to give people the hurry-up)

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and set the deadline as Sunday November 26 11:59:59 PM EST. That gives you guys Thanksgiving weekend to come up with something.

i have a video made on the trial version of vegas, but i cant get it to save right, so untill i can figure that out,

i would also request for an extension of the deadline, (and some help from anyone with vegas.)

I think an extension is in order. So, December 3rd wil be the deadline. That gives one week for you guys to send in a Final Entry.

PM me your problems Drift King

I got my vid done, the problem is I don`t have a capture device. I use my phone cam in the WDS comp. thats why my quality sucks. :yuck:

Heh... the more open a theme is, the harder it gets to actually come up with something. I'm having trouble figuring out where to start :dunce:

I'll try my best to come up with something

I think that may be part of reason for the later entries SKe. As you may have noticed I like to promote creativity(I suddenly feel like an art teacher..)

The entries are looking pretty competitve so far.

i just finished my video but i have yet again, as usual run into filetype problems.

supposedly dix or xvid are the two best filetypes for youtube if your not a director. i download divx but it keeps running into problems and wont convert my video.

i decided, what the heck, lets just see how the avi looks real quick but somehow it is lager than 100mb. so ill have to see what i can do tommorow. what do you guys use for decent quality on youtube?

<--- Also uses high bitrate .wmv

Oh, and I should apologize. My entry in this was uncertain from the get go, but there's no way I'll be able to enter now.

i just finished my video but i have yet again, as usual run into filetype problems.

supposedly dix or xvid are the two best filetypes for youtube if your not a director. i download divx but it keeps running into problems and wont convert my video.

i decided, what the heck, lets just see how the avi looks real quick but somehow it is lager than 100mb. so ill have to see what i can do tommorow. what do you guys use for decent quality on youtube?

For youtube I convert to xvid using autogk. For downloadable videos I like 2 mbps wmv.

for me i just export in Mpeg1 format ( pretty much dvd quality and standard format) using adobe premire. and then I compress with the best compression tool ever that i have used in my 3 years of vid editing; Ashampoo Shrink N Burn. man u can go from 1 gig to 30 mb and the quality is amazing, but then yubtube does its thing and u lose a bit. I think ill start exporting in flash format and test it out, since flash is the choice for the Tube.

If you read the FAQ at youtube they recommend 320x240 xvid/divx with mp3 audio compression, so that's what I do. I guess that means that the flash file you see has an embedded divx/xvid file with mp3 audio in it... when I upload like this it usually takes less than 5 mins to process, compared to WMV which can take an hour or more.

320x240 resolution at the max rate (100%) in xvid should still be way under the 100MB limit, and the clips look good. AutoGK is the easiest and fastest way to convert to xvid I've found, just specify input/output file, set target to quality/100% and off you go. Should take about 20 secs to convert your file (I also specify "fixed width: 320" under advanced options to keep the file size down) and the quality is top notch.

Back