The Formula 1 calendar development threadFormula 1 

Since 2017 it's (nominally) not a problem if she wishes to use a road car outside the circuit. However true that is for the general populace is an argument for another day but I'm sure the F1 drivers wouldn't have too much trouble.

EDIT: Lifting of the ban was announced 2017, implemented 2018. My other comments stand :)
Source? I can't much information, and a source that can clarify if women can compete against men in the same sport(another thing that seems impossible to find as well).

South Africa is overdue to be back on the Calendar, and I think a Moroccan GP would work as well(It's close to Europe as well).

Thailand would be a very obvious GP given Albon looks to have a promising career and the country has hosted a few Motorsport events already with success.

Last edited:
Thailand would be a very obvious GP given Albon looks to have a promising career and the country has hosted a few Motorsport events already with success.
Buriram is FIA Grade 1 so it wouldn't be hard to host a race.

I believe Katherine Legge drove in the Jaguar E-Pace Trophy that’s part of the FE race weekend, in Saudi Arabia last year. I don’t think there’d be an issue with a female driver competing against males.

Plus, there won’t be a female F1 driver for at least a few more years (Chadwick the closest, doubt she’ll actually make the grid).

What about an openly gay driver? Not sure how that would fly in Saudi Arabia.

As far as Buriram, it could host F1, but the location is terrible. To my understanding, it’s in the middle of no where in Thailand’s least attractive region.

I think Iran would be a great place to have a race ;)

As far as Buriram, it could host F1, but the location is terrible. To my understanding, it’s in the middle of no where in Thailand’s least attractive region.
Given how many other F1 races have taken place in the middle of nowhere and/or in unattractive regions, I doubt that would stop them. :P

Latest Posts

Back