• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
I wanted to bring up this subject, then I noticed a Macross theard... so once I knew there were anime fans here, it was on.

So I ask you,

Who watches anime?

What animes do you like?

Are you into anything else directly related to anime?

What is your fav. anime series?

What is your fav. anime movie?

hope to hear from you guys...

So why would you bother posting in this thread.

I mean, what is the point to that besides spam?

I guess since you have total seniority on the board I will stand down on this one, but I am still sorta at a lose for words about the point of posting in a thread that you have no relation with.

So for everyone else... lemme say, dont bother with the thread if you dont have anything to do with anime.

Unless you really hate it, but then you still have something connecting you to it, so feel free to tell me how much you hate it.

Point is, this is for discussion of anime.

Originally posted by GoKents

I guess since you have total seniority on the board I will stand down on this one, but I am still sorta at a lose for words about the point of posting in a thread that you have no relation with.

So for everyone else... lemme say, dont bother with the thread if you dont have anything to do with anime.

Unless you really hate it, but then you still have something connecting you to it, so feel free to tell me how much you hate it.

My post was not spam, I was just answering your questions.

What does a total seniority on the boards got to do with anything?

By the way, if you read your post you'll notice the first question is "Who Watches Anime?". What is the point of this question if you don't want people who don't watch anime posting in here?

Eddy: by seniority i think he means your post count and the date you signed up.

I watch anime.

I like:
Gundam
Dragonball Z &GT
Evangelion
Ranma
GTO
Noir
Zoids
Trigun
Inu yasha
Cowboy bebop
Yy Yu hakaso

there is also much more i like as well!:D

Fav series
Dragonball

Fav movie
Spirted Away
Akira
:)

Alright... Now that is cool.

I personally think that you had some descent ones on that list.

I actually like them all, but I dont know what I would put on my list.

Alot of those are cartoon network shows, but that doesnt make them bad, that makes them accesible.

I also love akira... everyone disses is because it is in a sense a "newbie anime" but the truth is... its a classic that deserves a watch.
After watching it, you will devlop a love for it.

There are so many movies out there to talk about, and since you didnt mention one specific movie that I think is great, although it is a "newb movie" in a sense... I still didnt see it on your list, so I gotta mention it...

ninja scroll

Plus, I would also suggest you checking out macross plus.

i havent watched much in a while. but i really liked:

lain: serial experiments
rurouni kenshin
neon genesis: evangelion
argent soma
i only watched a little of noir, but it looked pretty cool

I also just saw "princess mononoke" and was really impressed.

Series:

Gundam
Cowboy Bebop

Movies:

Akira
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

I'm sure Initial D and Macross would be on my list, but I haven't had a chance to see them yet.

Anime I like:

• Princess Mononoke (I was also impressed with this one)
    Cowboy Bebop (This one is more for people with a better understanding of sarcasm and irony, but it is still very serious)
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Gundam G and Gundam Wing
    Blue Submarine No.6
    Dragonball
    Zoids: Chaotic Century
    Inu yasha[/list=a]

Other Animes I've seen, but I wasn't too excited about:
    • Endless Waltz (part of Gundam Wing)
      Yu Yu Hakusho[/list=a]

I haven't seen the more popular ones mainly because the closest anime rental store is 30 miles away, and because it is a rental store, I have to pay money.

I also wanted to see .hack today, but missed it because I was at a friends house.

OA

You like G Gundam? It is an absolute disgrace to the Gundam series. :yuck: Could you tell me if Rurouni Kenshin is any good?

it is very good.

see the 4 ova's first, then start on the actual series. kenshin does go on forever though, and some of the later episodes get dumb.

Originally posted by Viper Zero
You like G Gundam? It is an absolute disgrace to the Gundam series. :yuck: ...

Yeah, yeah, it's a disgrace. I know its a disgrace, but I like it because of a completely different reason than I like other animes. I like G Gundam because it isn't as serious as the other gundams and it doesn't piss me off, like other shows.

As for Kenshin, advanR said it all.

OA

Originally posted by GoKents

That's so funny! :lol:

Originally posted by askia47
G Gundam is no teven related to the other gundams, yet that is what makes it unique.

I ment G Gundam is related to the Gundam series as a whole, not the UC or AC timelines.

Gundam Yes
Dragonball Z so so
Evangelion so so (i hate asuka)
Ranma so so
GTO never seen it
Noir only saw a bit of it.
Zoids no
Trigun yes
Inu yasha yes
Cowboy bebop yes
Yy Yu hakaso yes

Spirted Away never seen it
Akira never seen all of it, so i retract my negative opinion until i have.

ninja scroll ok, but it's been a while.

ninja scroll or that undead yoma thing?

lain: serial experiments not seen enough
rurouni kenshin yes
argent soma never seen it.

Princess Mononoke (I was also impressed with this one) It was better than I'd thought it would be, even with the enviro guilt trip story.
Rurouni Kenshin
Blue Submarine No.6 never seen it.

I've seen Akira, and it's not too bad.

But the only other manga movie I like is Rurouni Kenshin OVA. I have it on DVD, and it's really a great movie. Realistic, not overdone. Great plot, cool music, excellent swordfighting scenes, and the graphs are awe-inspiring!

good taste, but you see too much gundam. hehe. oh well its all the rage in the US.

I see MUCH anime. in fact, 85% of thing I watch is anime. but dont get me wrong, I am not an "otaku" nor I spend my time 12 hours a day watching anime, I just watch Tv like 2 hours a day, thats why I say that.
I have seen a lot of anime. lez see.

cowboy bebop. I had it about two years ago, a fulll year before Cartoon network aired it. I was ritedown amazed. one of the best and the only kool (in the jazzy, swingy kinda way) series you'll ever find. greatness.
I also saw Lain about two years ago. other series I enjoyed very much were FLCL, a cool weird druggy trip by gainax, the same dudes that made Evangelion, wich I liked very much also, the rurouni kenshin OVAS that snoopie mentioned, wich are madly cool, all that he said.
some other, I recently saw Ebichu, a stoopidly and impossibly FUN series about a housekeeping HAMSTER, with a sexually charged black humor that will make you pee on yer pants with laugh, I saw the vission of Escaflowne, wich was very good, and one of the series Ive enjoyed most has been magic Knight Rayearth. you watch it and it seems like your average rpg like, magicalgirl, mechastuffed series. however, get to the end of first season and collapse. the end takes you so much for surpirse it will give you goose bumps. believe me, if you have the oportunity to watch it, check it out.
ive seen many other series, but I cant recall all of them now @.@
just got Earth girl arujuna. I am watching it rite now. I must say. a-we-so-me.

for the movies, I LOVE akira. once you understand it, its all cool. you have to really understand the thing. its a damned classic.
ghost in the shell. yes I know, everyone saw it. its way cool, no matter who watched it. Princess mononoke is just impressive, as are most of the movies by studio Ghibli. nausicaaa and porco rosso are great too. metropolis, the anime remake of walter lanz's 1921 movie by Ozamu Tezuka is just awe-inspiring, and katsushiro otomo's (guy from akira) memories is way cool too.
also, Jin Roh is fekin great. I want to see spirited away, precisely.
have been after it for months.

Cano

have to check Noir. havent seen it yet, but the 1st episode.
and, dont look hack sign. its just lame.

love anime
its pretty much my life
fav chars include :
Mai kawasumi, Naru narusagawa, sakaki (azumanga :lol: ), umm Mizuho kazami (all females, lol...)
fav shows include: Lain, all gundam series, LH, Onegai teacher, Kanon, HxH, Kiddy grade, oh! and initial d! :)
Fav anime movies include Jin-Roh, metropolis, umm, thats all i can think of
Currently watching: Wolf's Rain, finishing last couple of eps of kiddy grade and initial d (missed by chance to finish them at the club :irked: )

Originally posted by LoneWolfe
love anime
its pretty much my life
fav chars include :
Mai kawasumi, Naru narusagawa, sakaki (azumanga :lol: ), umm Mizuho kazami (all females, lol...)
fav shows include: Lain, all gundam series, LH, Onegai teacher, Kanon, HxH, Kiddy grade, oh! and initial d! :)
Fav anime movies include Jin-Roh, metropolis, umm, thats all i can think of
Currently watching: Wolf's Rain, finishing last couple of eps of kiddy grade and initial d (missed by chance to finish them at the club :irked: )

you are watching wolfsrain??? DAMN YOU!!! I've been chasing that for months and just hasnt surfaced ( yeah, I know, I could kazaa it, but im on 56k and a friend of mine gets free loads of anime each month, then she passes them over to me, so... :D)
mwahaha yeah, love hinna. fun. :D
also, I wanna see rahxephon. all productions by this team (kawamori/watanabe/kanno) are just too cool to pass up.

as for my fav characters (you had that up) I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Fuu Hououji from magic knight rayearth. oh man. If I ever had a crush with an animated character, its her. im just fascinated with that girl. a pic from some site. not the usual stuff, but its the cutest pic Ive ver got from her. will also post a normal pic :D just for you to see. yes, I know, Im weird @.@

desert_love_pencil.jpg

I also like the entire cowboy bebop crew, including andy, Haruko, from FLCL, Ebichu, Rei Ayanami (yeah, common, but she has an I-dont-know-what that I love) and Gally!!! well, Alita, from battle angel alita. yep, they rule!!

Cano

Tetsuo and Kaneda -and of course the bike, also cut it

Originally posted by LoneWolfe
is that the girl from utena? i h8ed that series so much! the women are unattractive and the men look gay :lol:

O_O
now Ill have to kick yer arse dude...
OH MY GOD, OF COURSE SHE ISNT!!!!!!!!!!!!
she is Fuu, from MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH. Diss her again and die ¬___¬

Cano

:mad:

yeah, Utena sux. it was aired in here as "the magical ring" and utena's name was ursula. so if the stock series sucked, the dubbed one was just... you know.. ugh. the design of the characters was sometimes interesting, but TOO gay. the girls were weird but sometimes they looked good.

Cano

as for gundam, I dont like that much neither of them...

utena summed up:
everyone is extremely gay in character or by look
all animation and music is recycled
it was generally boring
females are quite ugly

*to all those who like utena...i'll be waiting for your knock at my door :lol:

Who watches anime? I do!

What animes do you like? DBZ, Tenchi Muyo!, Tenchi in Tokyo, Tenchi Universe, Sailor Moon, Outlaw Star, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Blue Submarine No. 6

Are you into anything else directly related to anime? Manga, Drawing, and Martial Arts, video games- although I don't play them a lot.

What is your fav. anime series? DBZ and the Tenchi series.

What is your fav. anime movie? Tough pick...probably MSGW: Endless Waltz, and Blue Submarines No. 6...and this one Akira movie. I don't remember what it was called. It was when Tetsuo went completely insane and blew up the city and all his organs were falling out and growing...siiiickkkk!!!!!!! That was just disgusting. But it has a great story line.
------
Is Cowboy Bebop any good? I haven't seen it yet. Though I have heard it's legendary status. I also want to see Fushigi Yugi or whatever it's called. I heard it's great to.

Back