syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z
39270606850_a63c9dc29c_h.jpg

Proud member of GTPlanet? This fortnight's theme is all about GTPlanet! Photo and livery made by @Nico_Ble99 - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
GTPlanet, the forum we all know as "All things GT heaven". What would we do without it? I have no words here, so let's go into the theme:

"@Jordan made history when he made the GTPlanet website back in 2001. If you had the chance to make a 'team GTPlanet' race car livery, or maybe already did, what would it look like to you? It's all about that logo we know so well. Don't overthink it too much, sometimes simple is better!"

CARS: Any
LIVERIES: A livery inspired by GTPlanet. The logo and / or gtplanet text must be present.
LOCATIONS: Any
SCAPES: Yes
360° GIF: Optional
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: The livery must be made using only the shapes and decals that came with the game. No user-made decals except for the GTPlanet logo and text, and if you wish, the car manufacturer logo. Failing to comply to these rules results in an immediate disqualification.

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • No post-game editing, besides proportional resizing and rotating, is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online(in-game) to prove it’s your work.
  • You are required to use one ‘main’ photo(or 360° GIF), and if neccessary only two additional photos inside a spoiler.
  • Unique to this competition, you can also make a 360° GIF! It is not a requirement, but it is recommended.
    Go to giphy.com
    and upload your clip (In GT Sport go to My Library > Car Livery > Press your livery and then hit Preview. Record a full 360° spin and then speed up the recording to 15 seconds in a video editing program on your PC/Phone/Tablet. See example in spoiler at the bottom of the post how it should look.

First of all, download and install Blender. I used 2.78 for this tutorial but the current one at this time, 2.79a, shouldn't be any different.

Open Blender up and you should see a screen like this (minus all the recent files because you haven't used it yet)
    lh8JMRS.png

Currently, it's in its Default mode, for 3D modelling. We'll need to change it to the Video Editing mode.
    If you go up to the top where it says 'Default', click on the button outlined in red to choose the Screen layout...
    C9i4iSE.png

... and click on Video Editing...
    SsIOWSQ.png

... and you should now be greeted with something like this.
    XvXUZTe.png

First things first, go down to the bottom, where it says Add. Click on that and click on Movie.
    avmEeU6.png

Locate and select your recorded clip on your USB or wherever you've placed it. Click Add Movie Strip...
    OdcEdmv.png

... and you should now see, along the lower section of the screen called the Video Sequence Editor, two bars. The darkish blue coloured one is the video, the teal coloured on is the audio. Don't worry about the audio, we don't need to mess with it.

Press the Home button while your mouse cursor is in the Video Sequence Editor to see the whole sequence.

Next you'll need to change both of the values, outlined in red, to 450. The left value is the end limit of the number of frames your final video will have, and the right value is the cursor point (the green thing that says 15+00)
    72a9Hin.png

The reason why is because the 450th frame on this current project, running at roughly 30fps, would equate to 15 seconds.

Now to speed our clip up to fit those 15 seconds. Go into Add, the Effect Strip, then select Speed Control.
    AlbPSvh.png

Right-click on the pink Speed strip, then go over to the sidebar on the right. Scroll down until you see the tab named Effect Strip and Untick 'Stretch to input strip length'.
    Now for a bit of Maths, you'll see in the image below that my Speed factor is 1.200...
    XZdQcVX.png

This is worked out by dividing the total number of frames of your clip, found on the end of your bar label (540 in my case)...
    Jqa9QJO.png

by the total number of frames we need (450). 540 / 450 = 1.2 so I put 1.2.

Now the clip has been sped up, press Play on the bottom to check to see if your clip runs and loops properly in the top right. You might see a fps counter pop up and slow down as you play but don't worry about that.

Now to export the new clip, go to the top left screen part, click on the square box with an image inside and select Properties...
    SlDjmAI.png

... which will change that screen part to this.
    RC4JAfz.png

We need to set up the export options and encoding before we export. Scroll down until you see the Output tab and select MPEG, then the Encoding tab will pop up. Open the Encoding tab and make sure you have the Format as MPEG-4, the Codec as H.264 and the Audio as AAC.
    TOdl2DM.png

Right, scroll back up to the top and hit the Animation button, under Render...
    tZ8Lcpb.png

... and you should now see Blender playing through your video and rendering it.
    mRiucWd.png

Once it is done, open File Explorer, go into your C:\ drive and open up the 'tmp' folder, there you should see your new video. It'll probably be named '001-450.mp4' or something.
    Drag that video into GIPHY, set the duration to 15 seconds and click through the rest and there you go.
    Deadline

April 11, 2018

FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

39270606850_d3605f17db_z.jpg

Fortnight = 14 days. Not the game.

Last edited:
Very cool theme, Also those unique restrictions yikes that might take some doing, Would have preferred also being allowed to use the car manufacturers name for example but I'm sure I can work with these limitations 👍

Very cool theme, Also those unique restrictions yikes that might take some doing, Would have preferred also being allowed to use the car manufacturers name for example but I'm sure I can work with these limitations 👍

Yeah you know what, I can allow that. I'll edit the OP. PD should've had manufacturer decals in as standard anyway. :)

Thanks. Adding to OP, I totally forgot this. I had plans for it, though. Was really tired when I made the threads last night :lol:

Also changing a few rules, be sure to read the rules again, guys and gals!

Last edited:
Hold on Sir, doesn't the winner of the first comp choose the rules of the next??? Like was said in the terms of the first comp which by the way is still running?

Hold on Sir, doesn't the winner of the first comp choose the rules of the next??? Like was said in the terms of the first comp which by the way is still running?
This week is for chosing the winner of week 1 challenge in the poll, we don't know who the winner is yet, thus the week 2 theme is posted by @syntex123 week 3 theme will be chosen by winner of the poll from week 1, from then it becomes regular - week 2 winner choses week 4 theme, week 3 winner will chose week 5 theme and so on. ^^

This will be a real deal to show up some skills at editor ^^ good luck guys :cheers:

This week is for chosing the winner of week 1 challenge in the poll, we don't know who the winner is yet, thus the week 2 theme is posted by @syntex123 week 3 theme will be chosen by winner of the poll from week 1, from then it becomes regular - week 2 winner choses week 4 theme, week 3 winner will chose week 5 theme and so on. ^^

This will be a real deal to show up some skills at editor ^^ good luck guys :cheers:

Then we'll have two competitions running parallel constantly which kind of demeans the first. Hey you won but there's another comp already running which everybody else is looking at, sound a bit daft to me.

Then we'll have two competitions running parallel constantly which kind of demeans the first.
Wat?
LEC 1 - topic chosen by OP - poll running
LEC 2 - topic chosen by OP - now running
LEC 3 - topic to be chosen by winner of LEC 1 - not yet existant
LEC 4 - topic to be chosen by winner of LEC 2

Wat?
LEC 1 - topic chosen by OP - poll running
LEC 2 - topic chosen by OP - now running
LEC 3 - topic to be chosen by winner of LEC 1 - not yet existant
LEC 4 - topic to be chosen by winner of LEC 2

And before the poll is closed in each competition another is started

Ah, its not the end of the world is it?

I dont see a issue with the bit of overlap, hapens also with the GTP_WRS, I think its a "GTPlanet thing" :D. Cool theme @syntex123 ! :gtpflag: Btw, uploaded gtplanet svg's by users are allowed right?

No Inkscape or so...:banghead: gonna cost a LOT of extra time for the plan I have. Strike that remark, Got another plan :yuck: at least... mhm (waiting on a "brain fart")
I know @Sjaak has a very cool SF-R GTPlanet livery.

Do we need the GIF as mandatory or just the pictures? I have liveries that could use for the contest but I don't have GIFs and I am not sure how easy is to made them

Then we'll have two competitions running parallel constantly which kind of demeans the first. Hey you won but there's another comp already running which everybody else is looking at, sound a bit daft to me.
There is a time gap between poll end and start of new week theme, usually. First two weeks are unique, because there was no winner yet for week 1 comp. Therefore OP could prepare the week 2 in advance to have no delay between poll end and week 2 announcement. If we waited till the poll end for the winner of week 1 there would be 1/2 week/s gap in between each comp, thus this overlap, but this is only for first two comps, from next week (after poll for week 1 ends) there will be only themes chosen by winners of week before as I mentioned earlier. :cheers:

Couldn’t have explained things better myself @Mires and @Nuschel01, thanks for explaining while I was afk guys. :)

And before the poll is closed in each competition another is started
No, poll for LEC#1 closes on sunday. This LEC#2 isn’t over for another 13 days. No overlap. No two competition overlaps. Only one to focus on.
Cool theme @syntex123 ! :gtpflag: Btw, uploaded gtplanet svg's by users are allowed right?
Thanks, thought it was only right :D

Yes, the only uploaded decals you can use are car manufacturer decals, say the Subaru logo and/or text, and the GTPlanet logo and text. (And the number plate if you wish. All in the OP) :)

Do we need the GIF as mandatory or just the pictures? I have liveries that could use for the contest but I don't have GIFs and I am not sure how easy is to made them
GIFs are optional. It’s super easy to make but I guess some people found it hard. But, if you wish(and I say this to all of you) I can make that GIF for you. It takes me no more than 5 minutes from start to finish. Super easy. Or if you want a detailed video guide how I do it, let me know.

And thanks to the moderator making it a sticky. I didn’t want to ask in case I breached some laws on borrowing the competition format. I thought it would be easier for everyone to use a familiar format instead of learning a new one with separate rules. Sure, the GIF is new but like I said and the OP says it’s optional. Highly recommended though.

Have a small issue with livery editor, as it seems for BMW Gr.3 car i cannot add decal on the roof from the body section (by hitting R3 button to see what parts are editable, the roof stays white). I tried to look at the other section, where there is option to add decals on specific parts on the roof and after check i see the roof should be editable within this section, but one cannot move the cursor to the add decal button on the right. There seems to be a bug after last update, which messed up the editor a bit. Hope PD knows already about and will resolve this issue shortly.

PS: not sure if it is just car choice related or editor related though, didn't check other cars yet.

Have a small issue with livery editor, as it seems for BMW Gr.3 car i cannot add decal on the roof from the body section (by hitting R3 button to see what parts are editable, the roof stays white). I tried to look at the other section, where there is option to add decals on specific parts on the roof and after check i see the roof should be editable within this section, but one cannot move the cursor to the add decal button on the right. There seems to be a bug after last update, which messed up the editor a bit. Hope PD knows already about and will resolve this issue shortly.

PS: not sure if it is just car choice related or editor related though, didn't check other cars yet.

I just tested all 3 BMW Gr.3 cars and it let me put a decal on the roof. Body > view from roof > add decal

I just tested all 3 BMW Gr.3 cars and it let me put a decal on the roof. Body > view from roof > add decal
My apologies, i had the Gr.4 car with carbon roof ^^ therefore it is through the other section, but I was unable to move the cursor to actually chose the decal, it was sticked to the left panel. But works now, after I left the editor and game and came back. Thanks for check anyways. :cheers:

I guess I‘ll also give this a shot as driving right now is stupid with half the sound missing

Not that this complies with the rules, but here are three cars that were made with GTP in mind. Hopefully it will give inspiration for everyone... I may even adjust one for this competition :-).

5125761657793970708_0.jpg

Also here are a few more more ;-)

5846261736770930188_0.jpg
5845703178016818692_0.jpg
4684333032445870616_23.jpg

I will have another to upload for this competition in a few days.

Just to clarify we are allowed to use the brand logos within the A-E F-O and P-Z categories correct? I have started using a few of those and the Mi Purchased logos, Just wanted to check their eligibility.

Not that this complies with the rules, but here are three cars that were made with GTP in mind. Hopefully it will give inspiration for everyone... I may even adjust one for this competition :-).

View attachment 725930

Also here are a few more more ;-)

View attachment 725931 View attachment 725932 View attachment 725934

I will have another to upload for this competition in a few days.

Competition Rules
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
Please do not post anything other than your final entry.

Just to clarify we are allowed to use the brand logos within the A-E F-O and P-Z categories correct? I have started using a few of those and the Mi Purchased logos, Just wanted to check their eligibility.

Yes. All decals you can acquire through the Mileage Store and all other brand logos / fantasy logos within the game is allowed. The only user-made decals allowed is the GTPlanet decals and car manufacturer logos if you so choose.

I guess I'll enter the fray first.

FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

I wanted to make a livery that would be more in line with lower level grass-roots racing like an autocross or a local rally, maybe even a drift event. Who knows.

Here's a download link if you'd be so inclined to want to add it to your game. https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1247310/1/6990167174625133577

Sorry if i messed anything up,

Edit: Finally added a 360 gif

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20180331181425.jpg
    20180331181425.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 537
  • 20180331181456.jpg
    20180331181456.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 538
  • 20180331181442.jpg
    20180331181442.jpg