Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

The theme this fortnight: Le Mans Team Work. If you could make your own team, or an existing one, what would it look like? Let's find out. Image and liveries by @Cytoria. - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
Team racing. Project CARS had a lot of good variety in terms of team liveries available to choose from. A nice feature more games should implement. In GT Sport however, you can create a set of team liveries yourself, and this is the task you will perform in this fortnight's theme: Le Mans Team Work. Let's hear what @Cytoria has to say:

With the 2018 edition of the 24 hours of Le Mans just around the corner, it's time to do a tribute to this event.

Gr.1 cars are not very popular, and since the LEC is about pushing ourselves, I've decided that they will be the cars of the week. Not all Gr.1, though, only the ones which actually race in the Sarthe.

In addition to that, you'll have to create a team of two cars (or three if you are inspired) with the "same" livery but with distinctive elements. Changing the side mirrors colours and the numbers will not be enough. It is more in the spirit of the two choices of colours for the GT1/GT2 racing modifications or special models, and also like the Black/Red/Yellow Audi R8 '01.

My demo cars push the distinction a little bit further, so you can clearly understand what I mean.

CARS: "Real" Gr.1 cars

Audi R18 '11
Audi R18 '16
Porsche 919 '16
Peugeot 908 '10
Nissan GT-R LM '15
Toyota TS030 '12
Toyota TS050 '16
LIVERIES: Colour variations of the same livery
USER MADE DECALS: Allowed
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko for the main pics
1) Choose the Shiretoko scape (found by searching all locations and refining by 'Japan'and 'Snow'):

View attachment 729370

2) Apply the following settings:

Camera

Camera Settings

Aperture: F 2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/60 (as it's not a panning shot I don't know that this is important)
Focus: Single AF

Environment Settings
Aspect: 16:9
Orientation: Landscape
Resolution: High

Effects

White Balance
Temperature: 9800 K
Colour Cast Correction: -0.060
Exposure correction: EV +2.0

Special Effects
Chromatic Aberration: 5

Screen Effect 1
Mask: Background
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 0
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 100
Midpoint Correction: 100
Blackpoint Correction: -5

Car Effects
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 150
Brightness: 75
Contrast: 120
Highlight: 500
Midpoint Correction: 500
Blackpoint Correction: 0

3) Place your car in the middle of the scape at a suitable angle:

View attachment 729371

4) Zoom in to 102mm (certain cars may require more or less to fit in the viewfinder) and move the camera until you're happy that the car is centred in the shot:

View attachment 729372

5) Move the focus to the nearest corner of the car (I normally centre on the headlamp closest to the centre of the image) and take your shot.

6) For a shot of the rear, go back to the Car tab and hit R2, switch to Camera and refocus (again I use the tail lamp nearest the centre) and take the shot. If the car has moved off-centre then move the viewfinder and adjust the zoom as you see fit.

For new cars/liveries simply find the scape in your library and reopen and change the car, then rinse and repeat as above.

Images, GIFs, entry format and tutorial made by @BLiTZ
360° GIF: Optional
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  1. The liveries must use the in-game mandatory number plate (red). For Gr.1 cars, this is not a real problem, so it will make all entries "Sport mode friendly".
  2. The liveries can be inspired by real ones or fantasy.
  3. The two main pics will follow the rules of the previous weeks. Idealy you'll have both cars on each pic so two will be enough (It will help for the poll). One bonus pic must be taken on one of Le Mans scapes.
  4. The distinction between the liveries must be clear enough to be seen without further explanation. You can still describe your idea in your presentation text.
Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • You are required to use two ‘main’ photos, viewing the front and the back of the car. You can post one additional photo inside a spoiler.
  • No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online(in-game) to prove it’s your work.
  • Unique to this competition, you can also make a 360° GIF! It is not a requirement, but it is recommended.
    Go to giphy.com
    and upload your clip (In GT Sport go to My Library > Car Livery > Press your livery and then hit Preview. Record a full 360° spin and then speed up the recording to 15 seconds in a video editing program on your PC/Phone/Tablet. See example in spoiler at the bottom of the post how it should look.

First of all, download and install Blender. I used 2.78 for this tutorial but the current one at this time, 2.79a, shouldn't be any different.

Open Blender up and you should see a screen like this (minus all the recent files because you haven't used it yet)
    lh8JMRS.png

Currently, it's in its Default mode, for 3D modelling. We'll need to change it to the Video Editing mode.
    If you go up to the top where it says 'Default', click on the button outlined in red to choose the Screen layout...
    C9i4iSE.png

... and click on Video Editing...
    SsIOWSQ.png

... and you should now be greeted with something like this.
    XvXUZTe.png

First things first, go down to the bottom, where it says Add. Click on that and click on Movie.
    avmEeU6.png

Locate and select your recorded clip on your USB or wherever you've placed it. Click Add Movie Strip...
    OdcEdmv.png

... and you should now see, along the lower section of the screen called the Video Sequence Editor, two bars. The darkish blue coloured one is the video, the teal coloured on is the audio. Don't worry about the audio, we don't need to mess with it.

Press the Home button while your mouse cursor is in the Video Sequence Editor to see the whole sequence.

Next you'll need to change both of the values, outlined in red, to 450. The left value is the end limit of the number of frames your final video will have, and the right value is the cursor point (the green thing that says 15+00)
    72a9Hin.png

The reason why is because the 450th frame on this current project, running at roughly 30fps, would equate to 15 seconds.

Now to speed our clip up to fit those 15 seconds. Go into Add, the Effect Strip, then select Speed Control.
    AlbPSvh.png

Right-click on the pink Speed strip, then go over to the sidebar on the right. Scroll down until you see the tab named Effect Strip and Untick 'Stretch to input strip length'.
    Now for a bit of Maths, you'll see in the image below that my Speed factor is 1.200...
    XZdQcVX.png

This is worked out by dividing the total number of frames of your clip, found on the end of your bar label (540 in my case)...
    Jqa9QJO.png

by the total number of frames we need (450). 540 / 450 = 1.2 so I put 1.2.

Now the clip has been sped up, press Play on the bottom to check to see if your clip runs and loops properly in the top right. You might see a fps counter pop up and slow down as you play but don't worry about that.

Now to export the new clip, go to the top left screen part, click on the square box with an image inside and select Properties...
    SlDjmAI.png

... which will change that screen part to this.
    RC4JAfz.png

We need to set up the export options and encoding before we export. Scroll down until you see the Output tab and select MPEG, then the Encoding tab will pop up. Open the Encoding tab and make sure you have the Format as MPEG-4, the Codec as H.264 and the Audio as AAC.
    TOdl2DM.png

Right, scroll back up to the top and hit the Animation button, under Render...
    tZ8Lcpb.png

... and you should now see Blender playing through your video and rendering it.
    mRiucWd.png

Once it is done, open File Explorer, go into your C:\ drive and open up the 'tmp' folder, there you should see your new video. It'll probably be named '001-450.mp4' or something.
    Drag that video into GIPHY, set the duration to 15 seconds and click through the rest and there you go.
Deadline

May 23, 2018

Last edited:
When it comes to LMP cars I have 0 ideas as well, I think I've made only one serious livery for one of them. I think I'll pursue that and make the teammate. We'll see tomorrow. My mind shut off hours ago so I'm not in the mood to begin today. :lol:

Time to shut down my brain even more and watch some Kenny vs Spenny. :mischievous:

This is going to be tough, since as you already know my creativity is close to none. It'll be a challenge! Also I have to take a hit from the 20-mil saving for the Jag, since I don't own any LMP car twice, just an Audi (and the LM2011 version).

You can have only one car and still put it twice on the pic ;).

Open a scape, pick your car, take the photo and save it. Then go to « my library », press Triangle on the scape you shoot and select « open in scape ». The scape opens and you can select the same car without the warning.

To put different liveries, just change it on the car before re-opening the scape with Triangle.

And it’s not two different and time consuming liveries like with the « then and now » theme. Basically it’s the same, you just have to re-colour some stickers or even only the base coat if you built the livery that way.

Good luck to all !

This is going to be tough, since as you already know my creativity is close to none. It'll be a challenge! Also I have to take a hit from the 20-mil saving for the Jag, since I don't own any LMP car twice, just an Audi (and the LM2011 version).
You need just one, as you can make a photo, change livery and open that photo to add the very same car again ;)

Edit: tree'd by @Cytoria ^^

You can have only one car and still put it twice on the pic ;).

Open a scape, pick your car, take the photo and save it. Then go to « my library », press Triangle on the scape you shoot and select « open in scape ». The scape opens and you can select the same car without the warning.

To put different liveries, just change it on the car before re-opening the scape with Triangle.

And it’s not two different and time consuming liveries like with the « then and now » theme. Basically it’s the same, you just have to re-colour some stickers or even only the base coat if you built the livery that way.

Good luck to all !

You need just one, as you can make a photo, change livery and open that photo to add the very same car again ;)

Edit: tree'd by @Cytoria ^^
This I did not know, thanks!

I got excited when I read this, but disappointed to see it is Gr1. All of my Gr3 and Gr4 vipers are already team cars so I was hopeful! I may still try this however. I haven't been a fan of painting Gr1 because of how easy the decals leak through.

Good luck everyone!

Good luck to all !

Don’t forget the number change. Teammates doesn’t race with the same number. I think we’ll see some entries with the same racing number. Read this now guys, be sure to change this first to not forget it!

Also, please read the OP this time guys. No excessive images, please. And post it correctly. I’ve been slacking on this part of the rules, it’s time to enforce them. If you want people to view it closer, link it instead.

I’m not saying this because I don’t want to see your livery, because I do, it’s just that the rules are rules, and we all need to follow them. Please don’t think of me as a villain spreading hate, because I love every entry I’ve seen in these competitions. I just want the rules to be followed like it should. :)

FINAL ENTRY

Pennzoil-Zexel / Zexel-Pennzoil Nissan Nismo GT-R LM

Back in 1997, Nissan enters Le Mans Race with 3 R390 GT1. The livery was the same, black with red touches, but #21 has Clarion as a main sponsor, Calsonic Xanavi and Unisia Jecs Zexel as secondary (does these names sound familiar to you ? ;) ), #22 has Unisia Jecs Zexel as main, and #23 has Calsonic Xanavi... I'm already working on these liveries, but for the Gr.2 Nissan GT-R, but I liked the idea. What other iconic Nissan livery uses 2 or 3 sponsors and could be "rotated" ?

The famous #23 Pennzoil-Zexel Skyline was one of them, so I've decided to go with it, and made an inverted #24 Zexel-Pennzoil version.​

Link #23 : https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1276435/1/8214649358387283473
Link #24 : https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1276435/1/8215212306797168145

Last edited:
I got excited when I read this, but disappointed to see it is Gr1. All of my Gr3 and Gr4 vipers are already team cars so I was hopeful! I may still try this however. I haven't been a fan of painting Gr1 because of how easy the decals leak through.

Good luck everyone!

I know that the mandatory Gr.1 cars will not please everyone, but as almost none of them was in the previous competitions (with the exception of @MMX LEC4 entry), I thought it was time to put them in the lights !

Black/Red/Yellow Audi R8 '01
I guess that is something im my range of skills :lol:

Since it's a holiday today I managed to actually mess around with the R18 a bit. What a terrible car to work with, everything jumps around or appears at places it's not supposed to be :boggled:

FINAL ENTRY
Audi R(1)8 LMP

Download links: 7 - 8 - 9

Last edited:
@Cytoria - Question. Am I allowed to make my own number plate (that looks exactly like the standard red one) to be able to NOT have it on the hood? My design idea uses its own number design and on the side I’m fine with having the standard one but I would like to not have it on the hood to have my own there instead.

@Cytoria - Question. Am I allowed to make my own number plate (that looks exactly like the standard red one) to be able to NOT have it on the hood? My design idea uses its own number design and on the side I’m fine with having the standard one but I would like to not have it on the hood to have my own there instead.

You can use your own number plate, a Le Mans official one or an IMSA Prototype... as long as the livery is still Sport mode friendly when used online or in the GT League.

You can use your own number plate, a Le Mans official one or an IMSA Prototype... as long as the livery is still Sport mode friendly when used online or in the GT League.
Alright :) Except for the ‘double number’ I’d say it is Sport mode friendly, yes. But concidering how it would end up looking when races with that number plate on it might look slightly ridiculous with two numbers slightly next to eachother on the hood.

So I’m going to go with another idea then :lol:

EDIT: Slightly updated the colors and look of the numberplates.

If anyone thinks it's cheating to recreate a livery already in the game - know that I made the R92CP Heritage livery first with images I found online, then I did the red one by simply removing the Heritage paintsheme.
I don't consider this cheating. If I recreated the in-game one by using that one as my reference - then I would consider it cheating.

Last edited:
Sorry, about the numbers, can we use the standard numbers on the cars or do we need to amend specifically for Le Mans?

I know that the mandatory Gr.1 cars will not please everyone, but as almost none of them was in the previous competitions (with the exception of @MMX LEC4 entry), I thought it was time to put them in the lights !
As simple as that "Cadillac" looks, that livery was a tough one to pull off. Not doing well up against the other high end entrants, though. :(

Not sure if I'll get in this one or not, Gr1 just doesn't do much for me.

Last edited:
Sorry, about the numbers, can we use the standard numbers on the cars or do we need to amend specifically for Le Mans?

Updated my entry. I did not change the liveries - I just updated how they look.

EDIT: Decided to upload it, added the download link to my entry post as well.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Kinda going with the red/yellow/black Audi thing, minus the black as it doesn't really work with the motif here. I made the red one a while back I just made a yellow version of it for this. Imagine Red Bull picked up the tab for another season of Audi R18.

UPDATED: retook the main shots after I double checked the picture settings, liveries did not change....

Last edited:
very nice @RacingManiac :)

How you do the clickable preview is explained in detail in the OP, upload using Flickr or GTPlanets own Media page. :)

I had to update the OP because the links where it is explained weren't clickable like they should've been. It's back to normal now.

Thanks @syntex123 ! Post updated
You're welcome. Also worth reading about the images you can post:
The two main pics will follow the rules of the previous weeks. Idealy you'll have both cars on each pic so two will be enough (It will help for the poll). One bonus pic must be taken on one of Le Mans scapes.

---

You are required to use two ‘main’ photos, viewing the front and the back of the car. You can post one additional photo inside a spoiler.

Oukay, I will need to update my shots, as I do have the triplet, but solo main pics(which makes 6 in total ^^)

Will add my entry tomorrow then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back