The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 05 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 166 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hayden : your livery is awesome, but the entry indeed doesn't fulfill all the rules.
1) The pics could not be more than 640px wide
2) The bonus scapes pic must be taken at Le Mans.

HAYDEN'S TEST ENTRY

Thankyou so much for that mate! Man I really wish I’d shared both now :lol:
Looks like I’m going to need to find another way of sharing images, but that’s no big deal.

Thanks again for the great images and heads up! You’re a champion! I’ll update my entry tomorrow :D :gtpflag: :cheers:

Thankyou so much for that mate! Man I really wish I’d shared both now :lol:
Looks like I’m going to need to find another way of sharing images, but that’s no big deal.

Thanks again for the great images and heads up! You’re a champion! I’ll update my entry tomorrow :D :gtpflag: :cheers:

No worries, it would have been a shame to DNF this because of a pic size, your 458 with chrome was already one of my favourite and I was disappointed not to be able to vote for it... If you want, you can send me your pics and I'll share you the right Flickr link to display them.

Oh yes Coca Cola Light is a European thing. :P

To be a geek for a minute it's typically because in some countries you are not allowed to sell a product branded as Diet unless it meets strict rules on what constitutes a Dietary product. Therefore some countries in Europe together with several Asian and African countries sell Coke Lite

Last edited:
Sjaak suggested I had a go at this livery comp lark and I have my liveries ready to go. Just got to work out how im going to upload them etc etc.

FINAL ENTRY

WARNING!
In particular cases too close examination of these livery design may cause eye cancer to colour sensitive persons. :)

TOYOTA Team SONY

Choice of car

Having a Toyota driver contract and a TS030 Hybrid 2012 in my garage, the choice of vehicle was clear for me.
24 hours endurance racing does not necessarily require the latest technology but established and proved equipment.

Choice of livery design
I love colours and wanted to create something really colourful using gradients to recreate the spectral colours of a rainbow.
A flash of inspiration came when I inspected the cockpit of this car.

Choice of sponsor
You must have a PS4 by Sony to enter this competition.
To display the game at it’s best you might want to have a Sony Bravia TV. So I went with Sony for a real winning team.

Result
A winning team must have only components that go well together. Like racing cars, drivers and pitcrew in an endurance team. Like a game console and a TV set.
My work is a first draft for a livery, so it is far beyond perfection.
I simply had fun developing idea and execution and improving my skills in creating unique shapes, patterns and decals.

Link to liveries at gran-turimo.com:

Toyota Sony PS4 #8
Toyota Sony Bravia #9

This is my first one for this competition so go easy on me:scared:

Final Entry

BWT 1.jpg

BWT 2.jpg

BWT 3.jpg

BWT 4.jpg

Hope you like my first entry

Last edited:
Code:
[spoiler]{your stuff}[/spoiler]

Also keep the 640px width of images in mind ;)
Cheers and can you resize them on here? Ps there has to be a better way than digging out my 15 year old lapbrick. I only use my phone these days.

This is a great livery and works wonderfully with the lines of the Toyota! Only thing I'd say, is that it looks like the decals from the nose have bled over onto the front splitter?
Thank you and that is part of the design I was going for, I think the splitter looks to empty without it.

Hi Mike :)

ps I only have one of these cars hence only one in the spoiler.

You can have only one car and still put it twice on the pic ;).

Open a scape, pick your car, take the photo and save it. Then go to « my library », press Triangle on the scape you shoot and select « open in scape ». The scape opens and you can select the same car without the warning.

To put different liveries, just change it on the car before re-opening the scape with Triangle.

FINAL ENTRY

No. 7 Audi Sport Team Austria
No. 8 Audi Sport Team Austria

Hey guys, sorry for the late entry, life has been very busy. It was a challenge creating a Gr.1 design, mostly because these cars are found in very few areas of the motorsport, and indeed the automotive industry. Therefore, there aren't many examples to base a design off of, besides the iconic ones. With this one, I decided that instead of looking at the racing team for inspiration, look at the car manufacturer. All of Audi's colours are incorporated here, with the addition of gold for that regal feel. The reason why this team is Austrian is because of one of the sponsors (Ottakringer, an Austrian brewery. I just thought that the logo looked cool on the rear arches, and I needed to justify it.) I hope that I'm not looking like Jeremy Clarkson in Dragon's Den with this entry and introduction :lol:. Thanks to @Cytoria, I would never have known about the theme of this competition.

Great entries guys. Like @Nuschel01 said I’m amazed at how many entries there are in this round, these cars are hard to make liveries for.

We’re on the last day now, it’ll be interesting to see if we get any more entries before the deadline. :D

Since we're close to the deadline I started to collect all the entries to create the list for the poll again, however this time I won't re-upload resized images or just leave out photos from entries that have more than one in their spoiler. @syntex123 already said that these entries will bei DSQ'd.
So yeah:

@Jakedog23 - your additional image is too big
@RacingManiac - your additional image isn't in a spoiler

@Teal - your photos are too big
@D3V - only one additional image please
@Strax - ↑
@Ren-Tec - ↑

I know it's picky but rules are rules.

@Hayden - don't forget to post your final entry ;)

I think everyone else is fine.

Last edited:
Since we're close to the deadline I started to collect all the entries to create the list for the poll again, however this time I won't re-upload resized images or just leave out photos from entries that have more than one in their spoiler. @syntex123 already said that these entries will bei DSQ'd.
So yeah:

@Strax - ↑
@Ren-Tec - only one additional image please

Can I fix tomorrow morning?

So yeah:

@Ren-Tec - only one additional image please

Sorted.
Should be doable from a phone, too ;)
Yeah but how do I get them onto my phone as a usb cable does not work.

So yeah:

@Strax - ↑
@Ren-Tec - ↑

Better?

So yeah:

@Strax - ↑
@Ren-Tec - ↑

Fixed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back