The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 16 - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY

Not sure if color correct, but I have the feel that many car paints back in the 80's were a bit "sun-worn" or pastel shades, so I applied this light beige base paint and added some red shapes and the black (grey) line. Added some sponsors (hopefully not messed up with brandings) from quick retro search in discovery tab. As a main sponsor I did chose Atari, as it was my first PC in the 80's. Round number plate was obvious back in the time and for the number I selected the 9 from Japanese licence plates, which screams with retro style (the font, not the number ^^ ). And obviously used the old Audi logo on the roof and on the rear wing.

Having some fun on the Green Hell

Link to the livery

Really, ultimately, it's the voters that I hope will sort out those who understood the theme from those who didn't.

It's not hard to google 1980's racing cars and pattern your liveries after their style and capabilities of the time.

Think Repsol, Martini, Coca Cola, Marlboro and more you guys! Follow the K.I.S.S. rule! Some of the most iconic liveries of all time originated in the '80's you guys!

Z6cvWpk.jpg
Bvl5si5.jpg

K5IMItt.jpg
bCVaIyq.jpg

KPw7OLU.jpg
MNWzQb4.jpg

6XhCUcW.jpg
TdYhoPS.jpg

aGgjrhx.jpg
vzuMmhu.jpg

Last edited:
If feel like my livery is on point. If that car got dropped off in a race bay in the 80’s, and had to have a livery with swatch as a sponsor, that could very well have been on the track after paint.

If it’s off point I would be happy to redo and resubmit.

Is my car conform rules? If not I will start a new project that does.

yea i'm thinking the same thing. can we get some confirmation here?

Your cars do. Although I would say the Z4 is heading more towards a 90's vibe I wouldn't say it's out of place.
01131.jpg

9BE587D2-9E54-48D7-92B1-7CD2A477E9EF.jpg

MilkyPackCarLiveries:7000114:yijDCtkoD584UHqJqeNKCClEHqtCgCU5-pack_banner.png

tic-tac-porsche-911-gt3-livery-is-a-nod-to-the-1989-tic-tac-porsche-962-racecar_1.jpg

The_Last_Golden_Era-033.jpg

The 80's were colourful for sure and didnt have 10 different colours all at once.

I don't see ANY cars in here that show loads of colours, insane shapes our out place decals.

Please feel free to point out some entries that do not conform

Last edited:
Please feel free to point out some entries that do not conform

That wouldn't make much sense. You chose the theme, you have to be able to judge the entries. :) It's kinda bad for people submitting their entries to point out how someone else's off the rules. If it was a location or settings thing, sure, that's helpful. But if it's something that it's not written down as a rule but it's only part of the theme proposed, then the judge has to make the call.

I think you're being too generous on what makes an 80s style of livery but I'm OK with your decisions. One thing I think it would have helped with the "80s feel" are logo restrictions. You allowed for people to use old or new logos of the same brands and IMO, using modern logos automatically takes away the coolness of the idea. Anyway, this is only my opinion. I'm very picky. :)

The inspiration for my Sony Walkman design was two-fold, the 1st was the walkman brand values themselves which scream 80's to me and the 2nd was the bright Orange Jagermeister designs of the time, one bright base colour and a few decals- simple but very effective.

In the end, it's a subjective theme that is definitely open to personal interpretation and thus I'd suggest perhaps that unless D-Max himself pulls up a specific livery we all respect the ideas and efforts of others and avoid this turning into a 'who has the greatest understanding of 80's liveries' contest.

That wouldn't make much sense. You chose the theme, you have to be able to judge the entries. :) It's kinda bad for people submitting their entries to point out how someone else's off the rules. If it was a location or settings thing, sure, that's helpful. But if it's something that it's not written down as a rule but it's only part of the theme proposed, then the judge has to make the call.

I think you're being too generous on what makes an 80s style of livery but I'm OK with your decisions. One thing I think it would have helped with the "80s feel" are logo restrictions. You allowed for people to use old or new logos of the same brands and IMO, using modern logos automatically takes away the coolness of the idea. Anyway, this is only my opinion. I'm very picky. :)
That should have said, that you feel do not conform.

I had to go through the rules a couple of times with Syntex because it was too vague, then it seemes a litte too brash, this was sort of a comprimise. it took me the full time from winning until an hour before the thread went up to get it right!

Edit mine with change car, why? cause already try update NSX but it turn out become more replica than before :lol:
That Porsche what I update now is my best work about how 80's car must be on modern one.

Edit mine with change car, why? cause already try update NSX but it turn out become more replica than before :lol:
That Porsche what I update now is my best work about how 80's car must be on modern one.

I liked the NSX alot, but this is outstanding work mate. Good job!

FINAL ENTRY
si
nclair

I think I did this right, I see I'm not the only one who went down the gaming/pc route this week.
The design was semi inspired by the apple branded Porsche 935 of the 80s, Kept it quite clean and hopefully within the rules.

Not currently shared in game but I will update this post when the pictures and livery and suit are shared.​

FINAL ENTRY

"Following the recent trend of tribute liveries in the world of motorsports (Pink Pig, Rothmans...), BMW Motorsport decided they were going to be up to the task as well..."

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Here is my entry to this 80's themed competition. Having grown up in the 80's and owning a Sinclair Zx Specrtum 48k and dreaming of Lamborghini ownership as a kid i thought it was apt i do this, in the time from i started creating this to upload another member has submitted a sinclair liveried car, im totally cool if mine cannot be accepted as i do have others i could do.

View media item 44795View media item 44794View media item 44793

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Here is my entry to this 80's themed competition. Having grown up in the 80's and owning a Sinclair Zx Specrtum 48k and dreaming of Lamborghini ownership as a kid i thought it was apt i do this, in the time from i started creating this to upload another member has submitted a sinclair liveried car, im totally cool if mine cannot be accepted as i do have others i could do.

Can't see the pics :(

Oh wow we have "Sinclair" livery battle :lol:
Alright, updated my entry!
Seeing update, oh damn :bowdown:

FINAL ENTRY

Can't seeing the picture, change the hoster maybe? use Flickr?

reposting as people are saying they cant see the pictures, #imnewhere iam new here so please bear with me as i hope this now works

FINAL ENTRY

Here is my entry to this 80's themed competition. Having grown up in the 80's and owning a Sinclair Zx Specrtum 48k and dreaming of Lamborghini ownership as a kid i thought it was apt i do this, in the time from i started creating this to upload another member has submitted a sinclair liveried car, im totally cool if mine cannot be accepted as i do have others i could doView media item 44795View media item 44794View media item 44793

reposting as people are saying they cant see the pictures, #imnewhere iam new here so please bear with me as i hope this now works

FINAL ENTRY

Here is my entry to this 80's themed competition. Having grown up in the 80's and owning a Sinclair Zx Specrtum 48k and dreaming of Lamborghini ownership as a kid i thought it was apt i do this, in the time from i started creating this to upload another member has submitted a sinclair liveried car, im totally cool if mine cannot be accepted as i do have others i could do

@Fibroman77 Still can't see them. You should use Flickr to upload the pictures that will make it easier for you!

i dont get why they cant be seen, i am using 'media gallery embed' as i have the pictures from gtsport on gtp in my media gallery

I don't know as I've never used it, but it might be that you've got them as private viewable.

@Fibroman77 Still can't see them. You should use Flickr to upload the pictures that will make it easier for you!
i dont get why they cant be seen, i am using 'media gallery embed' as i have the pictures from gtsport on gtp in my media gallery

@Fibroman77 I used that as well before but it didn't work always and Flickr works easier. So the tip I got was to use Flickr.

FINAL ENTRY

Borrowed some inspiration from the legendary Gulf liveries from the past.

Tried to make the design as simple and flowing as possible.

That looks metallic. Also doesn't have a classic number board.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
- Classic number board.
- Solid colours (No metallic/Chrome/Matte).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back