The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 16 - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
After review of the comments, I opted to change the images and hopefully this will be a better option. Thanks for all the input.

FINAL ENTRY

K-way Mustang Gr.3

K-way, famous rain clothes brand, has a logo which fits well the 80's style liveries, so I've used it as a base and completed it with simple lines and solid blue shades. All decals are from the 80's, and I've used some from the '85 Roush Mustang GTO to make sure they were period-correct and credible on a 80's Ford.

Edit : solve broken image links

Last edited:
the aim was pretty much to take the idea of the 80's and apply to modern times and try and be original. But I didn't want to exclude inspired liveries because it's difficult to get an idea of a past generation without taking inspiration!!

I wish I had more time to get this levelled out. I'll win the next competition and use my other idea. It's much more clear cut haha

the aim was pretty much to take the idea of the 80's and apply to modern times and try and be original. But I didn't want to exclude inspired liveries because it's difficult to get an idea of a past generation without taking inspiration!!

I wish I had more time to get this levelled out. I'll win the next competition and use my other idea. It's much more clear cut haha

i think your theme was pretty clear, and people have different interpretations of the theme, which i think should be ok too. what's 80s to me might not be 80s to someone else. what bugged me out was the gatekeeping that came along halfway through the thread. it's pretty discouraging because it takes the fun out of these comps and changes the approach when designing the liveries IMO.

FINAL ENTRY

K-way Mustang Gr.3

K-way, famous rain clothes brand, has a logo which fits well the 80's style liveries, so I've used it as a base and completed it with simple lines and solid blue shades. All decals are from the 80's, and I've used some from the '85 Roush Mustang GTO to make sure they were period-correct and credible on a 80's Ford.​
mate this is fantastic

Seriously thinking I should change my entry too, I went for simple but a lot of these designs are making me think about a rework :indiff:

FINAL ENTRY

BD0296F2-32B6-4A84-940C-CC3CFDA52FBA.jpeg

327AB995-EC31-4F00-A1E7-49F8D5ABF561.jpeg

2D443E80-3477-4958-A34A-47F87D7316F6.jpeg

Inspired by Toyota racing cars of the 1980s. The main inspiration was taken from the Toyota 86 TRD Griffon Project.

Link to the livery:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/1204631/1/5990382345110160944

Can someone please double-check if I got the image sizing right? I didn’t use photoshop this time, thanks.​

A lot of opinions have been offered on this theme, thats for sure. So i will offer mine. Does Final Entry mean something different to everyone else? Its just to me, final means exactly that. Once you've submitted your design it's FINAL or what on earth is the point of putting in bold red letters FINAL ENTRY above your work? Personally, if this was my theme anyone who changed their "final entry" would be automaticly disqualified for disregarding such an obvious rule.

I think you may be taking that a little too literally.

Some have a hard enough time adhering to the rules until they get the hang of it let alone in an instance where the theme is open to interpretation. It's a competition for fun, people spend a lot of time creating their chariots, I don't think that level of harshness is remotely needed.

I think the words FINAL ENTRY are as literal as it gets. Good job FIFA and the likes don't think like you! And harshness . . are you for real?! Talk about snowflake generation.

Once you've submitted your design it's FINAL or what on earth is the point of putting in bold red letters FINAL ENTRY above your work? Personally, if this was my theme anyone who changed their "final entry" would be automaticly disqualified for disregarding such an obvious rule.

The purpose of a clearly defined final entry is so that when the poll thread is being created, Syntex (or whoever) doesn't have to go through all the postings and figure out which is someone's final entry for the poll. As such, it only really becomes relevant when the competition ends, and isn't as much of a big deal as you seem to feel it is, during the competition.

The rules permit one change of a final entry and stipulate the manner in which it must be done, if someone's going beyond that then perhaps a DSQ would be considered - but I'd have to question what the risk is to the integrity of the competition if someone were to have changed it twice - I'm not sure I'd consider it DSQ worthy personally.

A lot of opinions have been offered on this theme, thats for sure. So i will offer mine. Does Final Entry mean something different to everyone else? Its just to me, final means exactly that. Once you've submitted your design it's FINAL or what on earth is the point of putting in bold red letters FINAL ENTRY above your work? Personally, if this was my theme anyone who changed their "final entry" would be automaticly disqualified for disregarding such an obvious rule.

There are several reasons why someone would change a final entry.

I think the words FINAL ENTRY are as literal as it gets. Good job FIFA and the likes don't think like you! And harshness . . are you for real?! Talk about snowflake generation.

You’re the one making an ass of yourself over something very trivial. Maybe you should point that attitude at yourself. Oh wait if you do that you’ll find out you’re the SNOWFLAKE.

I believe it is there, in bold and red, so that the person going through the thread to find the entries can find the posts with entries in them. The word could be DOUGHNUT for all the wording matters.

As annoying as it may seem, the rules clearly state that one edit per entry may be used. No definition on what the edit is, so a complete car change and livery can be offered up as far as I understand.

I now have my full attention in here up until thursday as I have time off work finally and I'm not bombarded with lots to do so I'll look through everything properly.

apologies again for this weeks mess up, I just wish I had more time. If this were a month ago, I have no doubts it would have went much smoother

FINAL ENTRY

1984, a golden year for anyone who follow English top flight football and support Liverpool FC. LFC managed to grab the tripple that year, winning the English league, the English cup and the European cup.
This livery is inspired by this 80's football dress, with white stripes on a red (Umbro) shirt, shorts and socks.
Crown Paints were the main sponsor for this successful Liverpool era.

I believe it is there, in bold and red, so that the person going through the thread to find the entries can find the posts with entries in them. The word could be DOUGHNUT for all the wording matters.

Can we do that for the next contest?

it's this exact kind of gatekeeping that will drive people away from participating in the future. lighten up mate, this is all just for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back