The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 21 (Open Wheels) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 67 comments
You know what. I completed my entry a few days ago and am going to enter it regardless of the fact that @Raphaele and I apparently had the same. Damn. Idea.

FINAL ENTRY
Never done a livery for the little honda, but turns out there isn't a great deal you can do to it. So thought I would create a matching Helmet and race suit. Unfortunately you can't add it into a scapes picture with this car, so you will just have to imagine how brilliant they look :)

Modelled the design on the 2019 Cobra Sport AMD Racing BTCC car.​

Last edited:
I thought I would create a matching Helmet and race suit. Unfortunately you can't add it into a scapes picture with this car, so you will just have to imagine how brilliant they look :)
Yes I had this issue too earlier. You can add a pilot in the scapes shot, but he will wear a mandatory Honda suit and helmet... It’s the same during a race. Too bad that one of the only cars where you can see your pilot, he can’t wear a custom suit !

Nice entry, and I think you should add a bonus picture with a top view (Fuji #10 « Stands » is a great place for that).

Keep going, everyone, I’m loving the entries so far, great ideas and nice designs !

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

So I've been suffering a sense of feeling like I enter these competitions before I can really think out what it is I want to do. This competition really inspired me and I immediately saved up my credits to purchase the F1500 because it is such a wonderfully blank canvas. However, I mulled about different designs and finally settled on something that was simple, meant something to me, and would look really good.

Then I kept tinkering to death with it. Adjustments after adjustments that were not helped by the fact that I made a Silver and Black car, which then forced me to have to choose one. I kept putting it off and then got swept up by looooong shifts at work and then was a bit dashed and yet also emboldened to see Raphaele's design. Really, the backstory and everything "What if Dale went a different direction?" was similar. I figured I'd try to make a Rusty Wallace Genuine Draft or Davey Allison Havoline car instead, but my heart wasn't in it because I've always been a fan of Earnhardt Sr. I'd rather lose making something I loved and enjoy, than win (or maybe get more votes) making something else.

So instead I'd just like to take the time to point out that Chevrolet is, at least in my mind, often overlooked for it's prominence in Indycar. It's been around a long time in American open wheel racing and I really feel like they don't capitalize on that. When I think Chevy, I think NASCAR, Trans-Am, Drag Racing, etc. So it's a shame that they've never promoted their open wheel history more.

Thank you for your consideration!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Being a Dutchman we are proud of our Max Verstappen, so therefor it is only logical that I would make a livery with Red Bull and Max Verstappen. So here it is I hope you enjoy it.

Second season half from Max this year was (insert fire)!

It is inspiring how high the quality of the liveries of everyone is once again. It's nice to see that this beautiful competition is evolving and that you can see progress in the craftsmanship of all entrants.

So the best wishes for 2019 and keep up to good work!!

Inspired by the Group C Minolta racecars I just had to make this livery for the T1500 when it came out. I'm a huge fan of the livery design itself and somehow even ended up using vintage Minolta cameras irl just because I always loved the 88-CV in GT4 :D It's not really a match to some of the other entries here and it could need an overhaul but I barely got any time for gaming atm so I'm just entering with this and hope you enjoy it as much as I do :D

You can find a download-link in my gallery :)

This is a design I had done before. I was looking at the steelbook case for my copy of GT Sport and decided to try and replicate it as a livery for race cars. I scanned the case and made a negative decal of the driver to lay down in black with the decal settings as matte finish. The gold/copper is the main color of the car. One of the metal flake yellows, not sure which one it was. The wings have a normal gloss black finish with the end plates matte to match the livery. Someone had uploaded these nice 20th anniversary tire stripes that look like the 15th anniversary from GT6. I have the same livery on my Ferrari p330 if you want to check that out as well. I hope you all like it and good luck to the other entries.

Here she is for your enjoyment. GT_Sport_20th

@UnkaD are you sharing that nice inverted decall. Because it looks awesome in your masking job and It would be cool if I/we could use it!
I guess I never put it out. I'll do it next time I jump on. It's a 3x3 square set so there might be some allignment work involved depending on the surface. The new option to duplicate and replace decals should make that nice and easy, though.

Back