The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 22 (Hot Hatches) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 124 comments
I have to say that I really enjoy the quality and variety of the entries so far.

I’m also happy to see newcomers (welcome @Sian and @cderekw19) as well as some come back (@Lebowski, @danhighway, @Stiggy). Thanks for being in !

thoughts on what the most popular car used will be?
Ten bucks says Ford Focus ST 2015
The Civic Type R and Clio RS are ahead for now, the Focus is third. And we still have to see a Mini (maybe @Teal will correct that) and an Alfa MiTo !

So my thoughts for this week were Clio Cup racing those are always lots of fun to watch if not quite as good as Ginetta Juniors, However I thought to myself lower tier motorsport you'd be less likely to find large companies giving sponsorship aside from the obvious series partner brands.

That being the case I went with a local business near me that I just happened to have the svg for from a previous livery, Not much else I can say about it really its a Clio Cup car with branding for a digger hire company with a funny logo name, Obviously it needed the warning chevrons those are go faster stripes and add about 5bhp. :sly:

And we still have to see (...) an Alfa MiTo !

I've hesitated to post one of my MiTo liveries but I thought they were too simple for this competition.
They are "everyday car" liveries and as often, the work done is almost invisible! :banghead:

And thanks for the welcome! :cheers:

I've hesitated to post one of my MiTo liveries but I thought they were too simple for this competition.
They are "everyday car" liveries and as often, the work done is almost invisible! :banghead:

And thanks for the welcome! :cheers:

@Sian They aren't too simple if you have all the liberty to create something. There are more cars here which look really simple but are hard to create. Due to decalls creation or small details.

But Cool that you compete!!

I have to say that I really enjoy the quality and variety of the entries so far.

I’m also happy to see newcomers (welcome @Sian and @cderekw19) as well as some come back (@Lebowski, @danhighway, @Stiggy). Thanks for being in !

The Civic Type R and Clio RS are ahead for now, the Focus is third. And we still have to see a Mini (maybe @Teal will correct that) and an Alfa MiTo !

This is actually my 2nd LEC. My first was just back on #21 but since then my username has been changed as it was deemed to be against the rules. Nevertheless thanks for the welcome. I am enjoying taking part in the competitions and hope to win one of these things soon because I really want to choose the rules for one.

FINAL ENTRY

I had a few ideas for this round but to be honest, I struggle a bit with more basic, non-race, cars. So I drew upon my love of Rally and of the Ford RS200 (still the greatest Ford ever built- come fight me :D) and set to paying homage to one of the most iconic RS200 designs out there. This is a Ford Focus inspired by Pat Doran's legendary 860bhp Ford RS200 (just don't mention it's last trip to Goodwood!!:ouch:)

A pretty simple livery but I hope you enjoy it (and do check out footage of the original car, it's rather brutal!)

Its been far too long since I last participated in one of these contests, as I do enjoy them! and this time around i thought i'd do something a tad different by using this opportunity to theme this particular design around the fictional sponsor "Orion Parts" (The logo and typeface I created myself with 3 logo variations) and using a deep/light blue colour scheme with a gray base colour and some white/black accents here and there.

While it is roughly based off of an AMG GT3 I made a month or two ago in my own time, I felt like this contest was the perfect way for me to take the design and give it its own unique look on a car of the same marque! :D

FINAL ENTRY

1.jpg

2.jpg

I really wanted to replicate one of my actual MINIs. But the game doesn't have a convertible, or a paceman so that was not going to happen. I did recreate some elements from my real world MINIs.

The fender has a single color union jack that my real world R52 has. Those match the bonnet stripes. The grille is black to mask out the chrome. And speaking of masked out chrome, the chrome has been masked out on almost every part of the car that I could do in game.
The a pillar has a ghosted Union jack that may not show up well in the shots. The door handle also sports a union jack popular with newer MINIs.

I intentionally chose a design that is more daily driver over a show car, or a track day car. However this sexy lady does look good at a car show too.

I really wanted to replicate one of my actual MINIs. But the game doesn't have a convertible, or a paceman so that was not going to happen. I did recreate some elements from my real world MINIs.

The fender has a single color union jack that my real world R52 has. Those match the bonnet stripes. The grille is black to mask out the chrome. And speaking of masked out chrome, the chrome has been masked out on almost every part of the car that I could do in game.
The a pillar has a ghosted Union jack that may not show up well in the shots. The door handle also sports a union jack popular with newer MINIs.

I intentionally chose a design that is more daily driver over a show car, or a track day car. However this sexy lady does look good at a car show too.

You forget to mention that it also resembles a panda :lol: Sorry but I had to point it out.

@Sian They aren't too simple if you have all the liberty to create something. There are more cars here which look really simple but are hard to create. Due to decalls creation or small details.

But Cool that you compete!!
I was about to post my MiTo or Abarth 500 liveries but if I remember well it's not allowed! ^^

FINAL ENTRY

Spring Time is in sight. The “quite new” five-year-old GTi has just left the car wrapper’s garage for a short test ride, still without permission to public traffic (hence the temporary license plate available for professional motor trade only). A buddy at Teufel Audio was so kind to loosen some sponsoring support telling something like “sound matters”.
The idea of the car livery was to go simply red with black and white only – and any decals should match this scheme.
Regional pride is shown by the local motorsport and football clubs (HMC and St. Pauli) – as a matter of course and affair of honour without any financial request.
The “race number” is of that cheap kind many local motorsport clubs are using: you simply stick together single self-adhesive digits and combine them to the number of choice.
Primitive but efficient.

I took an NSX livery that I had previously created and put it on a Civic to create a hypothetical JAL Honda Racing Team that competed in multiple classes. This Civic is in the style of a WTCR car and doesn't have a number on the body. I wish we could put decals on the windows, so I could finish the look properly.

Civic Link

NSX Link

FINAL ENTRY

Before embarking on the sponsorship of the Williams F1 Team, it is a little known lie, that plans were nowhere near being put into place to sell a road-going race prepared Mito. The aim was to attract boy racers into time trail events in a number of European countries. The winners to compete for the price of a full-time race seat in a National saloon car competition.

The Mito would be slighter lighter, doing away with non-essential equipment. With bucket seats provided by recaro, enhanced electrics and super sticky tyres provided by Pirelli.

It is a shame we never got to these these pocket rockets in action.

Links: Red, White & Blue

I don't know what you use to do (I don't even know how the winner will be determined ><) but even if there's this thread, I'd like to be able to post after the deadline the other liveries that would have fit the rules.
Just to show what we've done, and so what we've chosen from, and finally just to discuss... :cheers:

Edit : but I know I'm new here, I'm just saying, I don't want to be annoying! :D

@Sian

The winner will be determined by a poll which I will launch tomorrow evening.

We close the competition and start the next round at midnight today.

The next theme for LEC #24 will be chose by the winner of the Hot Hatches round and so on...

We usually don’t post other liveries here to keep the thread lisible, but as @Strax mentionned, there are other « open » threads that we all check regularly and where all your liveries have a place.

@Cytoria

So I think it might be a good idea to post in the other thread the other liveries we could have chosen to be on there (maybe it's already done).

I think I'll do that, and I hope to see other liveries I could have seen here as the majority of you has done great things for this contest!

Edit :
The winner will be determined by a poll which I will launch tomorrow evening.

We close the competition and start the next round at midnight today.
Maybe I don't understand well but how can you start the next round at midnight if you make a poll tomorrow evening? :D

Last edited:
Back