The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 28 (Let the music play) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 81 comments
FINAL ENTRY

I was thinking how much I now use Spotify to listen to music whilst racing, making liveries and using photo mode. And then considered which artist to focus on, and thought that I'd use the black with red of Queen's first greatest hits album. And, then add several other bands that I've listened to over and over again throughout the years. In addition, I used to spend hours with blank cassettes to make my own perfect playlist, BASF was one of the brands I used (I think!)

If you are interested, the livery can be found here.

FINAL ENTRY

View media item 49652
View media item 49651
Bonus shot maybe tomorrow
This is actually my work in progress started last week, but I didn't and won't have any time to go on, so here it is.
And I have no bonus shot and don't have shared the unfinished livery obviously, sorry for that.

Anyway, to be brief :
1/ I've thought about the music in the video games I've played
2/ GTA soundtracks are pretty awesome
3/ Master Sounds is a GTA San Andreas radio station I've loved most (West Coast Classic is a good one too in GTA V, I even forgot I had finally put this one! :lol: )

Let's mix everything!

The car is a Benefactor (Mercedes in GTA as we know), a chrome base, pattern inspired by a livery available at Benny's in GTA V Online and here we are.
The Rockstar logo makes the livery Sport Mode number compatible .

Sorry I've not finished it, but I think it can be shown. :)

Edit : I'll try to make the good photos and to share the livery tomorrow.

Good night all.

Last edited:

A tribute to an original GranTurismo soundtrack !

I was searching for a cool soundtrack for putting it under a photo-videoclip for the small community I was racing with many Sundays and Thursdays back in the year 2013.
I came along Planetary (Go!) from My Chemical Romance and I knew I could make a clip on the beat of this track as good as I was in editing (not).

This track, Planetary Go and My Chemical Romance in general grew on me, my interest in punk and alternative rock grew.. my whole taste in music shifted because of this track. So I decided to make a tribute to that track and thought about the Earth as a spaceship (..and Go). Myabe I was inspired by @McDotter 's entry in the bonus LEC with the GT planet on the bonnet.. :D

There are a few details in the livery that are pointing to this band, like a phrase on the roof, the band as the drivers up on the roof, the album title on the rear wing and ofcourse the GO decals on the side, together with the killjoy icons.

Car is ready for download.

Killjoys, make some noise :gtpflag:

Nice! The decals and the « lighting » effect on the roof stripe are awesome. People are showing serious drawing skills in this particular round!

The best car for my pattern is the AMG but with already two others nice designs, I may switch to another VGT...

Lots of late entries this round. We will reach at least 15, maybe more!

Nice! The decals and the « lighting » effect on the roof stripe are awesome. People are showing serious drawing skills in this particular round!

The best car for my pattern is the AMG but with already two others nice designs, I may switch to another VGT...

Lots of late entries this round. We will reach at least 15, maybe more!

Yes, it was the AMG or the Subaru for me, but the planet-spaceship idea I had didn't fit well on the Sub unfortunately

Edit : I'll try to make the good photos and to share the livery tomorrow.
Sorry guys I'm very too busy to turn on my PS4 and do what I got to do for this contest.

I've bought an apartment with my tender love and between the work and the moving I really have no time for GT.

I hope you'll let me stay in the contest with my wrong pics, I won't win of course but I just want to be part of it...

FINAL ENTRY

Muse AMG VGT
Absolution & Resistance

I've finally stuck with the AMG VGT as it was really the best shape for what I had in mind. I wanted to do a Daft Punk livery at first but when I saw @Higny's car and @baldgye's decal requests, I went for my second option.

Althought I have "more favorite" bands or singers, Muse album covers quickly came to my mind when I saw this theme and I had fun re-creating these two as SVG!

At first I wanted to do "the Resistance" only but the design was too complicated if I duplicate the decal on the bonnet too so I've added the simplicity of the "Absolution" cover.

The livery is also Sport Mode compatible within the side lines.

Last edited:
- - END OF THIS ROUND - -​

No new entries beyond this point. You can still correct/update your pictures before I launch the poll.

We got 16 entries finally so we will have a poll with two options!

@Cytoria what was the Daft Punk livery you where going to do?
Based on these, for the Peugeot L500R.
03CE1238-F67D-45F1-83A0-6E21B62B6EBF.jpeg

573CA702-A4FC-4D32-BC8F-BC49FD37AC9A.jpeg

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Post updated with correct shots

View media item 49862
View media item 49861

Bonus shot maybe tomorrow

Edit : of course I don't have neither the good pictures...
These ones were taken the day I started the livery. I'll try to do that tomorrow.
I've finally edited my post with the "white pictures" and a quick bonus shot, better late than never.

Here's the livery if you want to see that.

Last edited:
Back