• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 103 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we are going to play with other games! Last winner @daan set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

Everyone likes a game. Computer game or board game, the choice is yours. Fan of Pong? Mario or Sonic? Lara Croft or Nathan Whatsisface? Monopoly, Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit? Lets see a livery based on a game.

CARS :

- Race cars only
- Any Race Car (Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4 or Gr.B.)
- Any VGT that has a rear wing.
- Any Gr.X single seater.

LIVERIES :
- No replicas.
- Main "sponsor" must be from a computer or board game.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- Games based on racing/driving games are not allowed. (No liveries based on GT/PC/AC or GTA and the like.)
- The main thing should be the game. Obviously the publisher of the game can be on the car, but the game should be the main part.
- Other secondary decals from oil/fuel/tyre/brake/suspension etc are allowed.

BONUS PICTURES SETTINGS :
- No Restrictions.
Update :
- You can have up to 3 bonus pictures!

USER MADE DECALS :
- Allowed.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post one bonus picture in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 3 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE

May 1st, 2019 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Last edited:
I was already thinking of doing a livery for one of my favorite games. This is the kick in the pants I need to get it done.👍

This is hands down one of my favorite games. All around this vehicle you will find nods to Portal 2. From the Turrets and Wheatley scattered around the vehicle to the number which references the 9 single player levels and 5 co-op levels. Plus, if you have played the game, you will understand the starry pattern on the roof. I hope you enjoy this testament. This one is for those who are "still alive."

"- Games based on racing/driving games are not allowed. (No liveries based on GT/PC/AC or GTA and the like.)"

God I just want throw my Forza livery in here hahaha

I've something in mind to create, but it will costs me lots of time and headaches to create the right SVG files (one image, multiple svgs needed)..

Anyone with good advices to turn high detailed images into suitable SVG images/parts ?! :rolleyes:

Edit :
I think in this LEC edition it could be helpfull with telling your plans, the less chance we will see double entries and the more the loss of 'originality' will be a factor for the second car with same game title?! Maybe also helpfull for others to give them inspiration for the games they played and loved to play.

So, in that matter, I'm going for 'Enduro' a game title for the Atari 2600. And there's only one car that could be used for that special livery :D

Last edited:
I apologise for not submitting for the last 2 challenges, life has just taken over and I've had to put freelance design before GT which is a massive bummer but neccessary. SO when i checked the forum and found GAMES were our next category i lost my mind...so many options...I started one a fw different pieces(Raiden arcade, Wonderboy, Mouse Trap) before settling on UNO. I thought, what would a draw 4 car look like. A beast just bearing down, you have no idea then bam....you get hit with all 4 colours..DRAW 4

I apologise for not submitting for the last 2 challenges, life has just taken over and I've had to put freelance design before GT which is a massive bummer but neccessary. SO when i checked the forum and found GAMES were our next category i lost my mind...so many options...I started one a fw different pieces(Raiden arcade, Wonderboy, Mouse Trap) before settling on UNO. I thought, what would a draw 4 car look like. A beast just bearing down, you have no idea then bam....you get hit with all 4 colours..DRAW 4
I was wondering how many liveries will actually feature a board game instead of a video game. I was even tempted to do a chessboard instead of the Tetris banner.

Great choice ! And you didn’t forget the iconic and feared +4 card.

I was wondering how many liveries will actually feature a board game instead of a video game. I was even tempted to do a chessboard instead of the Tetris banner.

Great choice ! And you didn’t forget the iconic and feared +4 card.

I've thought about that, but never been a fan of board games to be honest. Hope to see more of them indeed !

Big fan of the Portal games, and even been playing the Bridge Constructor Portal game, that was $5 on PSN. A fun twist on the old games. I decided to celebrate all three, and focus mainly on the feel of the test rooms. So the most work here, is replicating the walls. The darker areas are pre-made panels, and the off-white panels were made in game. Sprinkled in game and developer logos, along with a nod to the gels that no doubt, a fan of the games will remember. And just so we don't forget, the hood reminding you, "the cake is a lie".

This livery spurred me to go back and play the first one. What a fun game.

Also, chose the Audi Gr1 VGT, because of the grille logo is made of lit up "portals".

livery link...
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/7422011360083477024

Last edited:
Can we use a character as an inspiration?? Because I have some ideas for this theme that involves in-game characters!! :D

FINAL ENTRY
So what is this? this is Jaguar with Steep livery, Steep is on of my favorite games but I can't play it anymore because size on computer plus constantly being must be online (worse than GTS I think). I really like the gameplay I think one of most perfect snow games we have (still can't beat craziness of SSX anyway) so I make Steep with snow and mountain theme. What with Go Pro and Red Bull logo? both support the game from start so I put them too.

link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/2197694/1/7143298350018725424

I really like the gameplay I think one of most perfect snow games we have (still can't beat craziness of SSX anyway)
My favorite over the last ten (11?) years was Shaun White Snowboarding.

And what I like in Steep is that same ability to ride "like in real life", without always jumping at 40 meters high, doing 5 back flips on every small kick.

You still can, but "you can don't"! :D

Nice livery anyway, I love it! 👍

Back