The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 34 (Hiding in plain sight) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 65 comments
I had an idea of using the shapes of racetracks as camo. Just cover the car with those. I was about half way done, then saw the Mini GP3 at the ring.
93F3AF26-A771-4188-835E-B292DB96B91D.jpeg

Is that too much like a replica of an existing car and ineligible? Or could I keep going?

I had an idea of using the shapes of racetracks as camo. Just cover the car with those. I was about half way done, then saw the Mini GP3 at the ring. View attachment 833191

Is that too much like a replica of an existing car and ineligible? Or could I keep going?
I’d say keep going. Given your explanation I don’t see why not?

It’s basically a copy of the damage on project cars2. The scratches look like tracks (unsure if deliberate or not)

@Teal go for it! Curious what you will make. I shouldn't use a mini :dunce:
Shouldn’t use a MINI? You do know who you’re talking to right?

@Teal I know.............. the Mini-addict! But go for it always curious about what you will create!!

FINAL ENTRY

Renault 'Top Secret 363' R.S. ? ?

Livery Link https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1309219/1/4908945597488202297

So I wanted to do what looks like a complex but was, in reality, a simple concept.

This is the new Renault Sport R.S. ?? which will be unveiled next year for a particular GT class, sadly at this stage the numbering of the model and the GT class it will enter is confidential but a new engine unit and several downgrades to the original R.S 01 have been made so it can now compete in this particular GT class.

The livery is different on both sides and looks pretty complex, you may be wondering what the code name number '363' refers to??? It is actually the number of retro Renault badges on the car, yes there are 363 old style Renault badges on the car and they make up the entire pattern, no extra lines, no fill-ins and not decal modifications. the only other decals on the car are 4 RenaultSport.com, 2 Blancpain boards, 4 question marks and 1 Tow decal on the front.

Pretty pleased with how this turned out and like the idea of something so simple in theory looking quite complex in the flesh.

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
FINAL ENTRY

This GT-R is inspired by the MINI GP-3 graphics recently spotted on the ring. it turned an 8 minute lap. She's got a bunch of track outlines on her. It wasn't easy getting 130 or so layers to line up. And if I have the time I'm going to edit more on to her.

edit: color swap, a few more layers.

20190710230327.jpg
20190710230338.jpg
20190710230317.jpg
20190710230352.jpg

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Renault 'Top Secret 363' R.S. ? ?

Livery Link https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1309219/1/4908945597488202297
I almost came back to the livery editor competition with the same concept, but on the Megan Trophy. However, after covering less than 10% of the car in decals it felt too tedious and I quit.

I'm out of town 2 of the next 3 weeks, but I hope to return to the LEC in late July now that I'm playing GT again.

I almost came back to the livery editor competition with the same concept, but on the Megan Trophy. However, after covering less than 10% of the car in decals it felt too tedious and I quit.

I'm out of town 2 of the next 3 weeks, but I hope to return to the LEC in late July now that I'm playing GT again.

It did get a little mind boggling at times but I'm pleased with the result overall as I do think it skews some of the lines of the car thus follows the theme well, the fact it is made up of Renault badges is a bonus.

I’ve got a redesign on another car. But I don’t want to burn up my edit just yet. How do you feel about a main sponsor mostly covered up by the “camo”?

I’ve got a redesign on another car. But I don’t want to burn up my edit just yet. How do you feel about a main sponsor mostly covered up by the “camo”?
Do you have an example you could send through message?

Please you guys tell me the Mitsubishi GT Vision is one of the Racing Gr.X!

Don't know what the English description says but in French the game says it's an evolution from the (2013) concept to a racing machine.

I've almost finished my livery and now I'm in a big doubt! :scared:

I'm gonna finish this and hopefully post it before tonight.

You'll tell me...

Please you guys tell me the Mitsubishi GT Vision is one of the Racing Gr.X!

Don't know what the English description says but in French the game says it's an evolution from the (2013) concept to a racing machine.

I've almost finished my livery and now I'm in a big doubt! :scared:

I'm gonna finish this and hopefully post it before tonight.

You'll tell me...

I am not a mod at all, but if it has a rear wing, then I would consider it to be a racing car!

I am not a mod at all, but if it has a rear wing, then I would consider it to be a racing car!
It has, and a big one! Not the kind of small rear wing on a sport car! And it also has the red thing (which I don't know the English name, I could say a kind of hook) in the front bumper if you see what I mean. :)

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Here the new top secret Mazda livery for the new GR.3 championship. With the new female driver "Maxime Verstappen" on the side who is currently testing the car. But we still have to keep it low key and under the radar, due to the new Wankel-engine technology!!

The pattern on the car consists of three pattern layers (which you can find in the spoiler). This gives an in-depth visualization which looks awesome in the game.

Pattern used on the car!! Klik on the image for the link to my gallery the patterns are applied in the following way on this car.

First Pattern

Second pattern

Last pattern (semi-transparent)

The girl on the side consists of 4 layers which you can find in my gallery

SSST Silhoutte.png

Last edited:
Back