The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 54 (Space Race) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 113 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be a downer here but the rules said Groups 1 through 4 only. I like the idea of the rover as a rally though
ah man. once again i just glossed over the rules. I don't mind pulling this one. I just have so much on my mind with work from home and home schooling my kids that when it came to this one I thought it was all GR1 though B, if everyone wants me to change it I'll do it otherwise it would be amazing to include Gr.B, just felt like a natural choice

Last edited:
Space Race Bugatti

I couldn't decide. Shall I make a space vehicle or a statement?

So I made three things in one livery.

What you see here is:

- Space Shuttle Columbia
- New Horizons
- Pluto for Planet

Columbia as it was a an legend. Today we are somehow a few miles away of a reusable space craft, which lands like a plane. How used they look when they were back on earth... Seriously - how freaking cool were these shuttles?
New Horizons because even I am too young for these amazing Voyager things. This one flew all the way to Pluto and will be propaby the third human created object leaving our sun system. How amazing is this?
A personal message from me is Pluto for Planet. I'm a simple man from Bavaria who has no idea how to classify a planet. But my old grumpy teacher has told me, that Pluto is the last planet in our sun system. They flew with New Horizon to it. And it has an heart on his surface! How could someone take his planetary status away? Make. Pluto. Great. Again. Now!

The Bugatti was cool to work on. The NASA half features the usual Space Shuttle design I weathered a bit for the cool look they had after their re-entry.
On the back we have a dark blue mask over a colour change paint chip for some twinkling stars. Used i.E. Centauri to create these decals. The gold and silver details are part of the New Horizons theme, as it is wrapped with this stuff cause of thermical reasons.

Thank you @pinapari for this great theme!

Last edited:
Is a telescope manufacturer based livery eligible for this? Brazil doesn't really have a space program worth the hassle and since I'm (was) a bit of amateur astronomer myself, the idea of using a manufacturer came to my mind naturally.

8935225236556645904_23.jpg

Unable to upload decals since 2.5 days (due to GT Sport or PSN errors), I think I have to let this round out. :banghead:

Unable to upload decals since 2.5 days (due to GT Sport or PSN errors), I think I have to let this round out. :banghead:
Just uploaded a decal – the system is working (for me). Sorry for you Nicolas…

Who knew we had one but in a country as big as ours you need to have a good sense of direction. So after driving to the observatory, I thought I'd point out a few good places to search the sky for some E.T's. Some over there and some round about thatta way.

Awesome entries guys and best of luck.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Luna 2 (Луна 2) is a Soviet space probe and the first spacecraft to reach the surface of the Moon. It is also the first human-made object to make contact with another celestial body.

I choosed to keep the livery as clean as possible, with a white base and a minimal amount of only black decals.

I started to do a minimalist livery with some space drawing and the side but changed my mind as I didn't like the result.
As the bonnet decal is pretty good, I searched and found a the Luna 2 Probe to do a Moon themed livery. This is the reason why the bonnet and side style of the livery are pretty different.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gts...lery/all/livery/3599907/1/7863286061854622224

Luna 2 (Луна 2) is a Soviet space probe and the first spacecraft to reach the surface of the Moon. It is also the first human-made object to make contact with another celestial body.

I choosed to keep the livery as clean as possible, with a white base and a minimal amount of only black decals.

I started to do a minimalist livery with some space drawing and the side but changed my mind as I didn't like the result.
As the bonnet decal is pretty good, I searched and found a the Luna 2 Probe to do a Moon themed livery. This is the reason why the bonnet and side style of the livery are pretty different.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gts...lery/all/livery/3599907/1/7863286061854622224

Great job, I was trying to do something with the Venera crazy Venus landings, but didn't feel right in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back