The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 55 (Icons Revisited) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 291 comments
As per reccomendation from @Racerx_34, I've decided to change my entry.

I mean, the livery is not iconic yet, but it surely an event of considerable importance this year.

As per reccomendation from @Racerx_34, I've decided to change my entry.

I mean, the livery is not iconic yet, but it surely an event of considerable importance this year.
I totally understand your choice and the livery fits the rules, but for my own taste the HB Mustang was more brave, more original and more « heretic » than this one.

It may be because I’ve seen so many Alpha Tauri liveries on various cars on my feed, so it doesn’t disturb me to see it on the Mazda.

I totally understand your choice and the livery fits the rules, but for my own taste the HB Mustang was more brave, more original and more « heretic » than this one.

It may be because I’ve seen so many Alpha Tauri liveries on various cars on my feed, so it doesn’t disturb me to see it on the Mazda.
same with my feed too, lots of the same designs on multiple cars gets boring to see after a while

I was planning to do up a 787b in Toyota 88c-v clothes, but since Cytoria seemed to be emphasizing the heresy factor a few posts back that seemed a bit tame. Thus, a Japanese formula series car sponsored by an American rally school. Based on this car in particular.
Martell-Action.jpg

I was planning to do up a 787b in Toyota 88c-v clothes, but since Cytoria seemed to be emphasizing the heresy factor a few posts back that seemed a bit tame. Thus, a Japanese formula series car sponsored by an American rally school. Based on this car in particular.
The Minolta? That would’ve been awesome. But yeah that would be more a tribute than heresy I guess :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

This one is cursed.
Quick Lane/ Motorcraft number 3 ford driven by Dale Earnhardt.

Link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/notifications/livery/1563136/1/8008043431441990680

I don’t feel like much explaining is needed here. I had to go with modern logos because I thought it was more fitting for the mustang. Also it would have been wrong to put gm logos on it so I had to do it like a cross between wood bros and rcr. With motorcraft and quicklane. I showed this to some of my American friends and they said it was massively cursed.

I don’t feel like much explaining is needed here. I had to go with modern logos because I thought it was more fitting for the mustang. Also it would have been wrong to put gm logos on it so I had to do it like a cross between wood bros and rcr. With motorcraft and quicklane. I showed this to some of my American friends and they said it was massively cursed.

It would have been even more cursed if you'd gone with Goodwrench instead. What you've got here is essentially a Ford-ified version of a Chevy scheme; if you want full heresy, you should put Goodwrench logos on it. Take it from me; I'm an American.

It would have been even more cursed if you'd gone with Goodwrench instead. What you've got here is essentially a Ford-ified version of a Chevy scheme; if you want full heresy, you should put Goodwrench logos on it. Take it from me; I'm an American.
Yeah I wanted to do goodwrench but it was/ is GM so and the car had the gm logo on it so would have been strange. I might do a v2 in a bit and see if I could change the gm logo to ford.

Sorry this design has already been done but I didn't have time to do something else so here it is.

I had started with an another project at first but I wasn't happy with what it was becoming...

It's still a work in progress, hopefully I'll have time to finish this one too.

Last edited:
Will you be making the black version for fun???
That's part of the plan! :D

Actually, I wanted to do the black version because the white had been done, but I always forget it's not just "the white in black".
Decals are not exactly the same (but it's still easy), and most of all, it's a full carbon body!

I just came back from work, I don't feel I need to sleep right now, so I'm gonna have a look at this to see how it goes. :)

@Azabear6 I'd love to be able to make last hour rush jobs like this! :lol:

How's that for last minute!? Didn't know today was the last day! :nervous:
Great too! 👍
But I don't know if the Rallyart decal is supposed to be there, isn't it related to Mitsubishi?

I think I'm gonna change my entry, I don't know if I have to say thank you to @Slender_Man for that now I'm extremely tired! I just couldn't stop myself! :scared::lol:

I don't know if I let the powder decals or if I turn back to brillant ones, we can't see the carbon effects.

Too late to decide and to share the livery now but yes, let's do this, I'll update my post tomorrow with the good pictures.

Mazda RX-VISION GT3 LM Race Car Spec II Test Car :

View media item 62782
View media item 62783
I've changed the tires because the yellow Good-Year really didn't fit well.

Edit : livery shared but if I'm allowed to, I'd like to try something else, I've had an idea when going to sleep this night, much more heretic.
@Cytoria, may I have today to do my thing or is it too much late?

Last edited:
Great too! 👍
But I don't know if the Rallyart decal is supposed to be there, isn't it related to Mitsubishi?

I think I'm gonna change my entry, I don't know if I have to say thank you to @Slender_Man for that now I'm extremely tired! I just couldn't stop myself! :scared::lol:

I don't know if I let the powder decals or if I turn back to brillant ones, we can't see the carbon effects.

Too late to decide and to share the livery now but yes, let's do this, I'll update my post tomorrow with the good pictures.

Mazda RX-VISION GT3 LM Race Car Spec II Test Car :

View media item 62782
View media item 62783
I've changed the tires because the yellow Good-Year really didn't fit well.
That thing looks beastly 👍

Back