Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
BFA839CE-C317-4A2B-A0DA-B3B47597AACE.jpeg

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME
Masters of the Green Hell

This week, we are going to an iconic german track. Last winner @Slender_Man set this theme, here are the details :

« We all want to drive the nurburgring nordschleife, But very few of us get the chance to do so. As for many others they get to lap the Green Hell many times and the select few become professional racing drivers and run the VLN series or get to run the famous N24 event. These few drivers will rack up 100's to 1000's of laps and will so become Masters of the Green Hell....

So for this round i would like to see cars that you would see competing in these events weather they are original designed entry level cars to full blown fantasy made GT3 cars that are ready to tackle the monster of the Green Hell.... »

CARS :
- Gr.3, Gr.4 & N class.

LIVERIES :
- Original designs only

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- VLN or N24 number panels MUST be used.
- Sport Mode compatible is not mandatory.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Up to Two Bonus Pictures allowed.
- One picture must be on the Nurburgring Nordschleife.

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 4 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

If it's your first entry or if you struggle with the picture settings, have a look at the tutorials below :
WHITE SANDS 1

WHITE SANDS 9

SHIRETOKO 3

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE :

June 10, 2020 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

This is going to be tough, I'm not a huge fan of the Ring (I'm with James May on this one) and, although I try it every year, the 24 Hours there always bores the hell out of me.

BUT! I think I have two possible ideas to invest on...

is There an example of the preferred number panels? I’ve seen a few different but just want to confirm.

VLN is headed by ROWE? And the n24 is Zurich sponsored?

if you guys wanna do properly VLN or N24H livery I suggest put this on your car:

put Bastuck and Sport Auto on side door (vln only)
https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gts...arch/decal/decal/10917259/8503367858293571584
https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gts...arch/decal/decal/10917259/6926549436134851584

H&R on VLN + N24H (Front and back area)
https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/2533100/8223603706041500168

Falken tire sponsor on front fender (I heard they change to Hankook this year but never sure)

KW Suspensions on N24H event only? (still not sure about this but livery I was made and help to fix on AC have this sticker on their all N24H car)

Vodafone sticker on hood (vln)
https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/2919952/6062500480922190856

rear window sticker:
Essen Motorshow (Vln)
Remus (n24h)

but again for rear window only can do on RCF GT3 if I remember.

placement reference:
custom_showroom_1590647893.jpg

custom_showroom_1590647881.jpg

OK! Believe I have another entry that will be good for this competition, will need to modify it slightly for the required decals but I shall
get that done quicker this time as not so "busy" as when I did the Super Formula for competition 55.

Here are the 2020 regulation sheets for both series and 2019 VLN too.

You can find a lot of reference pictures from the previous seasons but basically :

Nurb 24h sponsors stay almost the same, the major changes are the numberplate. Until 2016 it was a blue « Zurich » square, for 2017 and 2018 a blue « Zurich » skewed parallelepiped and for 2019 and 2020 a red « Total » skewed parallelepiped.

VLN 2020 adds the Hankook decals on the fender instead of AIM and an updated ROWE numberplate.

Attachments

• 24NBR official sponsor placement 2020.pdf
    853.7 KB · Views: 35
  • VLN official sponsor placement 2020.pdf
    545.5 KB · Views: 34
  • VLN graphic regulations 2019.pdf
    564.6 KB · Views: 28
Great!

Spend in my younger years some days of the year there, still amazing memories... While it was great to see the big teams fighting for overall victory, I enjoyed the lower classes, too.

opel-manta-b-kissling-motorsport-14_0.jpg
24h-nuerburgring---nordschleife---ford-focus-rs---o-ams-mdb-952396-1.jpg
Axel Duffner 24h_2012.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
N24H19A_4083-Kopie.jpg

Looking forward to see what we have in a few days here! :cheers:

Question: Does it have to be a entry in 2020? Or can we also enter with an older race, i.E. 1995 or whatever?

Edit: Is there a limitation in terms of the age of the car? Or power?

Last edited:
Great!

Spend in my younger years some days of the year there, still amazing memories... While it was great to see the big teams fighting for overall victory, I enjoyed the lower classes, too.

Looking forward to see what we have in a few days here! :cheers:

Question: Does it have to be a entry in 2020? Or can we also enter with an older race, i.E. 1995 or whatever?

Edit: Is there a limitation in terms of the age of the car? Or power?
any year is good as long as number panel relates to year you wish to use 👍

I wanted to stay away from Porsche and Audi, as they’ll probably be very popular. Instead I went for a cult classic and one of my favourites.

PSA Group stablemate Citroen admired the cult following the Opel Manta Foxtail had in the N24 and decided to invest in the team.

I give you the GT Foxtail.

Last edited:
My clean, minimal styles have been taking over recently and for the most part haven't made much of a showing in the polls (not that it matters, i just love contributing regardless). Should I go for some outlandish fantasy Team Otaku pink bazooka blast this time out? Either way Im coming out with something from Japan. Happy to be using a car I haven't worked with a whole lot. Got alot of sponsor ideas for this one. Really looking forward to digging into it over the weekend.

I have a question and this livery kinda brings it up. On the rules for ADAC TOTAL 24H-RENNEN & ADAC, it says that the Dunlop branding is only for TCR class... I've googled around and all I could find was this means touring cars? What sorts of cars would be TCR in this context?

I see what you mean.
Should I change my entry to suit?

Alternatively I could run Dunlops instead of Falken and that probably cleans it up.

Attachments

• E945A4D7-2A1D-4349-B291-7E7783819447.png
    E945A4D7-2A1D-4349-B291-7E7783819447.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 30
  • E6411398-B6BD-48E9-BC0B-AB57071F1053.png
    E6411398-B6BD-48E9-BC0B-AB57071F1053.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I have a question and this livery kinda brings it up. On the rules for ADAC TOTAL 24H-RENNEN & ADAC, it says that the Dunlop branding is only for TCR class... I've googled around and all I could find was this means touring cars? What sorts of cars would be TCR in this context?

There aren't any TCR cars in GT Sport, the closest would be the FF Gr4 cars. As for tyres it looks like it depends on the exact year in terms of branding, 2019 used Michelin tires but I may be mistaken.

Back