The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 56 (Masters of the Green Hell) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 171 comments
I have a question and this livery kinda brings it up. On the rules for ADAC TOTAL 24H-RENNEN & ADAC, it says that the Dunlop branding is only for TCR class... I've googled around and all I could find was this means touring cars? What sorts of cars would be TCR in this context?

I hit wiki for TCR and looked to see if the car i was using was in the list. It wasn't so I wont be using the dunlop sticker. This style LEC can bring out the rules enforcers big time so I'd suggest checking the wiki otherwise you're in for a whole lot of gate keeping which, from personal experience, is no fun at all. But saying that, I will probably include something on purpose to give the gatekeeper something to furrow his brow and shout about. To be safe, just follow the pdf that @Cytoria posted , everything on top should be gravy

I hit wiki for TCR and looked to see if the car i was using was in the list. It wasn't so I wont be using the dunlop sticker. This style LEC can bring out the rules enforcers big time so I'd suggest checking the wiki otherwise you're in for a whole lot of gate keeping which, from personal experience, is no fun at all. But saying that, I will probably include something on purpose to give the gatekeeper something to furrow his brow and shout about. To be safe, just follow the pdf that @Cytoria posted , everything on top should be gravy
Do you have a link to the wiki? Like I said I googled and couldn't find what TCR meant for the ADAC.

I don't give a **** about gate keeping, I just want my livery to be correct for myself 👍

I see what you mean.
Should I change my entry to suit?

Alternatively I could run Dunlops instead of Falken and that probably cleans it up.
i think you're safe..don't stress, it's all fun right?

Do you have a link to the wiki? Like I said I googled and couldn't find what TCR meant for the ADAC.

I don't give a **** about gate keeping, I just want my livery to be correct for myself 👍
sure thing mate, here you go ...there's also this

Last edited by a moderator:

I will be changing my tyres to Dunlop as they supply Phoenix, some GT4 teams along with TCR.

It's not about gatekeeping, for me, it's about attention to detail.

Edit: Thanks for the heads up.

https://news.goodyear.eu/dunlop-prepared-for-vln-battle-on-the-nurburgring-nordschleife/

Attachments

• Phoenix Dunlop.jpg
    Phoenix Dunlop.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Black Falcon Dunlop.jpg
    Black Falcon Dunlop.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 14
Cheers mate

I also did some better googling and found this. Looks like only 'N' class of cars need the Dunlop stickers for 2019. So I'll be going off that I guess.

Only the N Class NEED the Dunlop stickers, unless your Gr3 or Gr4 car specifically runs Dunlops.

@Racerx_34 @baldgye @teensonacid ,

Falken on the fender come from the race organization so is mandatory for everyone (or Hankook in VLN).

Dunlop is the exclusive tire supplier in TCR class hence the decals are mandatory for these cars.

On other classes like GT3/SP9 or GT4, tire choice is up to the team so they can use Goodyear, Dunlop, Michelin, etc...

I agree that the image of a GT3 car with Dunlop sponsors is a bit confusing.

So yes, if you want to make the entry perfectly accurate, easiest option is that you keep the Dunlop decals and use Dunlop tires.

so many rules for this one. I think in these type of LEC's that require strict decal placements, we should clarify those guidelines, with links to the decals, in the original post. i know it's alot of work for our mods and trust me I appreciate everything you do for us, but there's nothing more demoralizing than to have someone respond to a livery you worked so hard on with comments about not adhering to certain standards. I would even go as far as to say that whoever is setting a theme with strict decal requirements should also show a blank livery with the required decals in place on a generic car. I'm also anticipating the argument that as enthusiasts we should know what decal is used where and when..not all of us have that knowledge and just like to design livery for fun. All Im asking for is a concise brief that leaves nothing to question (if possible) with these very specific types of livery.

Last edited:
so many rules for this one. I think in these type of LEC's that require strict decal placements, we should clarify those guidelines, with links to the decals, in the original post. i know it's alot of work for our mods and trust me I appreciate everything you do for us, but there's nothing more demoralizing than to have someone respond to a livery you worked so hard on with comments about not adhering to certain standards. I would even go as far as to say that whoever is setting a theme with strict decal requirements should also show a blank livery with the required decals in place on a generic car. I'm also anticipating the argument that as enthusiasts we should know what decal is used where and when..not all of us have that knowledge and just like to design livery for fun. All Im asking for is a concise brief that leaves nothing to question (if possible) with these very specific types of livery.

Well, isn't this just a matter of looking for cars that took part on either the N24 or on the VLN series and copying? I've been doing this way and had no problem at all figuring it out what sponsors are on all cars because they are mandatory, what can be done with the number plate placement and so on.

I downloaded several images of the Foxtail Manta.
Only issue I had was that I couldn't figure out the tyre supplier, which is why I rolled the dice.
Very nearly ran with Yokohama, but the Dunlop sponsor on the regs threw me off.
My own fault because I had cropped the image and accidently cropped out the TCR information in the process.
Other than that I thought we'd been given plenty of info and even links to the decals we needed.
Only tempation was to do Black Falcon or Manthey, but then we're into blurred lines between inspiration and replica liveries.

Hopefully the extra information provided since has cleared things up for you.
I don't mind putting together base liveries in the future if people think it would help.

I agree we are car enthusiasts and not technical inspection team.

I will not refuse an entry because of that kind of details, the rules only say that you should use the VLN or N24 numberplate.

Also making blank cars is too hard, because of the various classes, years and series...

all good guys, i just wanted to put it out there that this is a technical LEC and that sometimes, people get REAL gatekeepy on these kind of things. Just wanted to make sure everyone is cool. I've been a target and also been a nitpicker at times.

thanks mate, i'm good! I have my base laid out it's just a matter of settling on the major sponsor

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have the odd replica lying around at the back of the garage gather dust....

One thing I would say, if you're going full replica then pay attention to which images you use as some shots are of the qualifying races before the 24hr. I've seen logos changed ,added removed and tyre brands alter from quali to practice to race, even some after race shots stuff gets added.

Original designs only... so no replicas? How do you determine what a replica is? We've already had a foxtail posted which is a "real" livery.

Original designs only... so no replicas? How do you determine what a replica is? We've already had a foxtail posted which is a "real" livery.

It's not a replica though. It's more fanfic.
It's not Black Falcon on a Mercedes.
It's not Manthey on a Porsche.
There's not even an Opel in the game.
The design doesn't match the original.

It's just inspiration for me to do a "What if" livery.
I even made sure I didn't use the original style wheels.
I've since found out that they originally used Yokohamas,
so it's got different tyres and tyre sponsors too.

It's not a replica though. It's more fanfic.
It's not Black Falcon on a Mercedes.
It's not Manthey on a Porsche.
There's not even an Opel in the game.
The design doesn't match the original.

It's just inspiration for me to do a "What if" livery.
I even made sure I didn't use the original style wheels.
I've since found out that they originally used Yokohamas,
so it's got different tyres and tyre sponsors too.
That's all fine I get that... but it's not an "original" livery. Not in the sense of come up with something no-one else has done.

I just don't quite understand the point of doing a theme about a real world event then asking for solely original liveries is more my point. Especially if people are questioning what decals are allowed and what isn't depending on what "class" you're making for.

Just my two pence. It's cool.

That's all fine I get that... but it's not an "original" livery. Not in the sense of come up with something no-one else has done.

I just don't quite understand the point of doing a theme about a real world event then asking for solely original liveries is more my point. Especially if people are questioning what decals are allowed and what isn't depending on what "class" you're making for.

Just my two pence. It's cool.

It's a tricky LEC.
Coming up with an original idea, while adhering to the numberplates, and then trying to make it look like it would be a real livery by adding all the additional sponsors isn't easy.
Which is what makes it such a good theme.

Back