• 90 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
2B7675CA-A154-43F7-A940-B9DDA7894A17.png

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we are looking at Japanese little monsters. Last winner @daan set this theme, here are the details :

« We've done minis and 500s in the past but I don't think the Kei cars* have been represented much. So, here's your chance to give love to these tiny tots.

gran-turismo%E2%84%A2sport_20200611101847-jpg.929313

Apart from the cars, there are absolutely no restrictions. If you want to do a Castrol Supra on the Sports 800, feel free. If you want to do an Itasha on the S660, feel free. If you want to do a Ferrari 250GTO on the S800, feel free.If you want to do a training shoe on the Copen, feel free.

* I know that the S800 & Sports 800 aren't Kei cars but lets assume they are for this contest. »

CARS :
- Daihatsu Copen '02
- Honda S660 '15
- Honda S800 '66
- Honda Beat '91
- Toyota Sport 800 '65

LIVERIES :
- Anything you like. Original, replicas, whatever you want.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- None
- Sport Mode compatible is not mandatory.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Up to Two Bonus Pictures allowed.

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 4 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

If it's your first entry or if you struggle with the picture settings, have a look at the tutorials below :
WHITE SANDS 1

WHITE SANDS 9

SHIRETOKO 3

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE :

June 24, 2020 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Two great entries so far and again perfect timing as I have the perfect "kei" entry for this contest.

After the excitement of yesterday it will be my first one towards the next generation of Gran Turismo but also combining my love of itasha racing too.

Last edited:
SO I went full replica with this one. As you'll see in the spoiler below I chose to recreate Ryan Tuerck's Corolla. I knew from the get go I was using the Toyota for this LEC but what I didn't want to do was use a well known, overused, stale Toyota livery. It also completely outlandish to use this S800 as a drift machine so I figured a drift livery would be the way to go.

Luckily there are some decent reference photos available for the original Corolla so replicating the livery in illustrator wasn't too much of pain. I did take some creative liberty with the rear end of the wrap, the roof and bonnet. I had to drop the 3 stripes from the lower front and decided to boost the size of the TOYOTA decal on the bonnet.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the final result. More than anything I'm stoked I was able to recreate the wrap graphic to a point where it became a fair replica of the original AND keep it under 15kb. I think the only other thing i bugged out on was the wheels. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Reference;

BONUS : Check the clip for the monster Corolla in action

Latest Posts

Back