The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 60 (French Kiss) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 135 comments
FINAL ENTRY

Envision World RX Concept

Link (coming soon).

Had started working on a couple of ideas for this theme - a Pirtek Clio Cup and something using the Peugeot 908 - but felt like I had to give Citroen some love since it seems like their only representative so far has been replaced.

Initially this began as an attempt to create a Velar-sponsored Gr.4 car, but while scrolling through my decal library last night became inspired to try something using Virgin Racing's Formula E title sponsor, Envision Energy. Switched to the DS3 and had in the back of my mind an electric World Rallycross entry in keeping with Envision's renewable energy background. The company's logo provided the main focus, with vibrant two-tone blue and lime green swirls broken up by a purple base (a nod to what was formerly the DS Virgin Racing team). Bootlid also has a fake rear 'radiator' grille to add to the World RX theme.

I've gone with this design now after a few kind replies preferring this design to my Citroen, and some tips from @Cytoria (when the theme owner strongly advises you to change your entry, probably a good idea to listen!)

I ran out of ideas at first but went back and added the stripes over the rear arches and cleaned up a few little bits elsewhere.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/6791626/1/5413987640757191176
This is the first time I like the look of the Peugeot VGT. The original design is a bit to angular. Your stripes and curves make the design look more fluid. My favorite so far!

FINAL ENTRY

Envision World RX Concept

Link.
Added link in main entry post. 👍

Bonjour, as well.

I really wasn't sure what to do but as I posted before and said I would have a go, I thought I had better actually... have a go.

I didn't know what to do so I got on the Eurostar and headed down to Paris for some inspiration. Would you believe but who did I meet sitting in the first cafe I walk past outside le Gare du Norde train station? Only Gerard Deparduieu the current head of Peugeot Sport!

So I sat down next to him, order some Vin Rouge and fromage et pain malodorants and ask him what he would want to see on his ultimate works Peugeot race car livery. His reply was short, " It would have to be really boring and unimaginative, being based around the Tricolor flag and have a race number based on the designation of my favorite French tank to see action in world war 2"."The Somua S35?" I said. "Yes" he replied " Oh and stick some GTI badges on it and get the Blue colour wrong".

So I jumped back on the Eurostar and headed home. ENJOY

Last edited:
Looks great and I don't want to be fussy, but the race number says Pirelli and you have mounted Falken. is a little, little, little mistake. :)
Listen here young upstart! When you have been around as LONG as I have and made as FEW post as I have on here then something, something, number board, something, something, 20 minutes effort, something, something... so there.

Looks great and I don't want to be fussy, but the race number says Pirelli and you have mounted Falken. is a little, little, little mistake. :)

Listen here young upstart! When you have been around as LONG as I have and made as FEW post as I have on here then something, something, number board, something, something, 20 minutes effort, something, something... so there.
Cars don't always use the tyres of the series sponsor.

haribo.jpg

Falken sponsor the race, the car uses Michelins.

FINAL ENTRY

Pernod Ricard Renault Sport Megane

Link to livery: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/notifications/livery/1309219/1/7926920295659602440

Pernod Ricard is the 2nd largest alcoholic drinks brand owner in the world and a company I have worked personally with for over a decade so I thought why not bring this fantastic French business to a livery! I included several of the key brands they own including Absolut, Beefeater, Pernod and Mumm champagne.

Hope you enjoy!

Exactly, some series (like the N24 in the picture) require you to place determined sponsors on certain parts of the car. The rest of the car is fair game :cheers:.

I've invested a lot of time on Google to find out why Falken and Michelin (or other tire brands) stickers are used together.

I think the solution is that the Falken sticker is only on every car at the 24h GT Masters races at the Nürburgring. (blue Raceplate ADAC Zurich, from 2019 red Raceplate ADAC Total).

Reason: Falken is a main sponsor of the 24h race at the Nürburgring.

PS: the 24h race starts on September 24-27, 2020.

I've invested a lot of time on Google to find out why Falken and Michelin (or other tire brands) stickers are used together.

I think the solution is that the Falken sticker is only on every car at the 24h GT Masters races at the Nürburgring. (blue Raceplate ADAC Zurich, from 2019 red Raceplate ADAC Total).

Reason: Falken is a main sponsor of the 24h race at the Nürburgring.

PS: the 24h race starts on September 24-27, 2020.
On the other side of that is in the BTCC. Kwik Fit (place that fits tyres, exhausts etc) sponsor the BTCC and every car runs a Kwik Fit number plate on the front and back. However, the works Hondas are sponsored by Halfords (place that fits tyres, exhausts etc) and rather than put a Kwik Fit logo on a Halfords car, the Hondas are allowed to run without it.

british-touring-car-championship-returns-this-weekend.jpg

On the other side of that is in the BTCC. Kwik Fit (place that fits tyres, exhausts etc) sponsor the BTCC and every car runs a Kwik Fit number plate on the front and back. However, the works Hondas are sponsored by Halfords (place that fits tyres, exhausts etc) and rather than put a Kwik Fit logo on a Halfords car, the Hondas are allowed to run without it.

It's interesting how it works with the sponsors. And in the real world you have to stick to it because there's a lot of money involved!

FINAL ENTRY

I usually stick to a few main sponsors on my cars, PMU ,Rockstar, Red Bull and Hooters. I also like to theme them around Holidays or current events. You should see my Valentines day MINI. Anyway Covid-19 is running wild...Like Hulkamania. So, a Hooters livery with a Covid twist is absolutly on the menu. The owl is wearing a mask, and so is the Michelin man.

Last edited:

I’ve never noticed the hondas not running kwik fit and I’ve watched every season as far back as I can remember! That’s a cool bit of knowledge!

ps. I’d love the Team Hard kit on my CC, it makes a great looking car look better!

Last edited:

It's an awkward looking thing but the Civic looks great in BTCC form.

I'd be delighted if we could get even two or three current BTCC cars in the next GT instalment.

It's an awkward looking thing but the Civic looks great in BTCC form.

I'd be delighted if we could get even two or three current BTCC cars in the next GT instalment.
That won’t happen with the arrival of a btcc game in the coming year(s)

Back