The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 60 (French Kiss) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 135 comments
When I first saw the theme I knew I wanted to do an Alonso tribute on a Renault, but the "originality clause" made me think outside the box.

This livery basically depicts a guy the got himself a Clio V6 for cheap and a couple of official stickers (Renault, Elf...) and had to use his creativity to get as close to the R26 as possible (fake names, recreating the Mild Seven logo with Nike swooshes, etc).

Basically exploiting the meme factor here :lol:.

I'd like to know where you'd get a cheap Clio V6, those things are ridiculously expensive.

My good sir, no. The decision from a CEO of a partially government controlled company, saying "Oui" to a V6 instead of back seats in a compact car, is probably one of the coolest stories in the automobile history. They are worth every single Franc.

Agreed, a moment of utter madness that makes everyone smile. Also it's not the first time Renault did that just search for the Renault 5 maxi turbo.

For me, Daft Punk are up there with the greatest French exports of all time, so with wanting to try something a little bit different I decided to play homage to the great Parisian Electronic outfit. Ils sont magnifiques!

(Will write a bit more soon, but its well past my bedtime, lol)

FINAL ENTRY

I think this is as french as It can get. A Bugatti VGT for the 24 h of Le Mans in a french dress. Sponsor placement is just a bit inspired by the EB 110 from 1994, as are the driver names on the roof, which unfortunately you can't see in the pictures. For the most part I wanted to create a better GTSport World Tour Nations Cup car. I remember the original french car was a bit bland. I tried to go a long with the lines and play with the national colors. Hope you like it :cheers:

Link to Livery

Last edited:
Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

At Le Mans

When it comes to France and motorsport vehicles, the first idea is: paint it blue and add some tricolor decoration.
Opposite idea: paint it black and add some passion and fashion.
Fashion: Louis Vuitton is meant to be one of the most famous French brands. The LV Damier Cobalt Race Collection comes with a decent checkered flag and orange applications for an eye-catching contrast. Another contrast: Glossy dark paint and matte decals.
Passion: World-famous etablissement «Moulin Rouge Paris» comes as secondary sponsor.
And the Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 is French passion and luxury at it’s best – at least imho.

FINAL ENTRY

AG2R la mondiale Le mans team

When I first saw the new LEC being French kiss and it only being aloud to be a French car I immediately thought of the Tour de France Cycling race. So obviously I had to do the livery based of the AG2R La Mondiale team (being a French team) to best fit the theme of the LEC.

Just had a quick look and a phase 1 Clio V6 like the one in game will cost about £30,000 in the UK. 30k for a Clio.
Wow, I wouldn’t pay that for ANY car :lol:.

I kinda wish there was a regular Clio I could’ve chosen, I think it would’ve fit the theme I was going for really nicely.

Wow, I wouldn’t pay that for ANY car :lol:.

I kinda wish there was a regular Clio I could’ve chosen, I think it would’ve fit the theme I was going for really nicely.

That 30k is on the low end aswell. You can a decent Porsche 911 for that.

My good sir, no. The decision from a CEO of a partially government controlled company, saying "Oui" to a V6 instead of back seats in a compact car, is probably one of the coolest stories in the automobile history. They are worth every single Franc.
I’m speaking purely from a driving perspective, the clio v6 is awful! As an exercise, it’s fantastic!

Back