The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 61 (Samurai) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 96 comments
In 2018, Rich Energy was looking to break into the world of automotive racing. William Storey ended up persuading the executives with Honda into signing a 2 year, $65 million deal. With 2 months before the season starting, Honda had yet to receive any form of payment for the sponsorship. They decided to sever ties with the eccentric man and his energy drink company. This is the car that was built and then later repainted back into Raybrig colors before season start.

FINAL ENTRY

GR Castrol Supra GT300

20200825110445.jpg
20200825110435.jpg

I initially made this livery for a Super GT league race that I organized for last weekend. Inspired by the Rebellion R13 LMP1 art cars from last year's Le Mans 24 Hours. I've tried to keep the sponsors appropriate for a GT500 car. I invisioned it initially as a special one of for the former jewel in the GT500 crown the 1000km of Suzuka. I thought that Gran turismo would be a perfect title sponsor for a team with the games featuring cars from the series from the start.

Last edited:

I don't know if this is interesting but here's my "process"
First I chose main sponsors : Daikin et Hoya. Both Japanese companies (no idea if this is mandatory in super gt actually now that I think about it)
Then, the car : I haven't make any liveries for all the daily gifts Lexus yet. Let's go!
As for the design itself, I used the shape of the Daikin logo. And played with stripes. Once again not very elaborate.
Considering my lack of knowledge, I've searched for some existing Super GT Lexus to match more or less decals. I hope it's ok with the rules and also that there's not too many mistakes.
Drivers are fictional. So is the team. (Lexus Super GT. Creative, right? :D )
I'm not comfortable with original liveries so it's always challenging, and maybe I will get better LEC after LEC!

Does anybody have a list of mandatory GT500 decals/sponsors? Not that intimate with SuperGT, I'm having some trouble tracking them down.

I know it isn't mandatory, but I'd like to make my entry as realistic as possible, hence the need to know what goes on the cars.

Does anybody have a list of mandatory GT500 decals/sponsors? Not that intimate with SuperGT, I'm having some trouble tracking them down.

I know it isn't mandatory, but I'd like to make my entry as realistic as possible, hence the need to know what goes on the cars.

I found it useful to use a few pics as a reference for sponsors so that I didn’t use one manufacturer’s brand on another

I don’t think there is mandatory sponsors in Super GT.
The only thing I know is that GT300 class cars have to run yellow headlights...

I initially made this livery for a Super GT league race that I organized for last weekend. Inspired by the Rebellion R13 LMP1 art cars from last year's Le Mans 24 Hours. I've tried to keep the sponsors appropriate for a GT500 car. I invisioned it initially as a special one of for the former jewel in the GT500 crown the 1000km of Suzuka. I thought that Gran turismo would be a perfect title sponsor for a team with the games featuring cars from the series from the start.

Updated additional information

FINAL ENTRY

Gran Turismo NSX '08

Link.

FINAL ENTRY

Gran Turismo NSX '08

Link.

A Formula Gran Turismo-inspired livery originally created for a GT500 race hosted by @Adam Barber last week. Shortly after I added it to my Livery Gallery thread, @Cytoria suggested that it would be ready for a numberplate swap, which I duly did while also working on a Spirited Away GT300 car as another entry idea. Considered making a second colour variant for submission (white/blue), but eventually decided that the white/purple variant was already nice enough as it was.

Last edited:
A Formula Gran Turismo-inspired livery originally created for a GT500 race hosted by @Adam Barber last week. Shortly after I added it to my Livery Gallery thread, @Cytoria suggested that it would be ready for a numberplate swap, which I duly did while also working on a Spirited Away GT300 car as another entry idea. Considered making a second colour variant for submission (white/blue), but eventually decided that the white/purple variant was already nice enough as it was.

The two cars I miss the most on GT Sport: Formula Gran Turismo and the almighty Daihatsu Midget.

I know nothing of GT500 so just went with a Japanese sponsor and their colour scheme and improvised from there. I've made a few liveries in recent months based on tool manufacturers so this one is kind of the next in the series. I re-used a decal over the roof/rear/bonnet that I covered my Mazda contest entry in a couple of months ago.

FINAL ENTRY

50286459436_a0dc58605f_z.jpg

50285783333_010b951437_z.jpg

50286612112_be91e3cd66_z.jpg

50286611942_c151f62a91_z.jpg

This livery is a “what-if” idea that the Impul team entered a second car for the GT500 as a teammate to the iconic #12 Calsonic entry. Their Super Formula main sponsor Itochu Enex is the main sponsor to the new #20 GT500 entry.

Impul have traditionally used #19 and #20 on their open-wheel efforts but the Bandoh WedSports team have been using the #19 since the very start of the JGTC/Super GT championship.

Livery link: Itochu Enex Impul GTR

Last edited:

I don't follow SuperGT (the schedule is tough, since Japan is pretty much 12 hours ahead from here) so I don't know much about the series, teams, cars and drivers.

So what I did was pick a Japanese brand that I like: Audio-Technica. From here, I tried to create something that sports usual sponsors seen on NSXs. In its initial form, the design would be less "edgy", following the curves of the car and showing waves as a way to represent sound. But mistakes were made and I went for this design instead.

Audio-Technica colors are black and white only, but my very first headphone from them had a a gorgeous deep red finish so that's why the car is in three colors. Oh, and on the driver's names department I just use one of the Raybrig guys and the other name is mine because I have no shame.

Last edited:

Bit of a delay in me getting around to writing the explainer on this one, so apologies on that all.

I'm not massively familiar with SuperGT and the history of the competition, and how it's changed over the years so decided to play it safe with a) A well known Japanese Brand and b) Lots and lot and lots of tiny little sponsors everywhere!

For the Olympus look, I tried to implement some subtleties to design and have included Japanese photographic calibration marks surrounding the title sponsor logos (and the Lexus one on the roof), just to give it a little bit of something extra.

I tried to keep the colour scheme reminiscent of the bold colour schemes of the early 2000's with the big block colours and flowing lines.

Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited:
Back