• 31 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
HEAVY DUTY

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we're looking at one of the biggest car in the game. Last winner @wowbaggerBR set this theme, here are the details :

"Last time I had the pleasure of selecting a theme, I went with something absolutely minimalistic: go karts.

Now, I want the extreme opposite.
For this LEC, you'll have to come up with liveries for the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor.

There are no constraints other than the vehicle itself: you can make a race truck out of it, go for replicas, maybe a corporate livery to emphasize its blue collar roots... and everything else in between."

CARS :

- Ford F-150 SVT Raptor only.

LIVERIES :
- Replicas or Original designs.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
  • No restrictions.
  • Sport Mode compatibility is not mandatory.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
  • Up to two Bonus Pictures allowed.
  • One picture at least on the dirt.

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

• Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
  • Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

• All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the 4 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

• It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

• You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
  • You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

If it's your first entry or if you struggle with the picture settings, have a look at the tutorials below :
WHITE SANDS 1

WHITE SANDS 9

SHIRETOKO 3

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:
EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
  • Saturation: 0
  • Brightness: 500
  • Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
  • Saturation: 125
  • Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE :

April 21 2021 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

51103855202_3f8b743d04_z.jpg

51103757541_260089e135_z.jpg

51103992863_851a84c066_z.jpg

51103992753_b3a10639a1_z.jpg

I didn't know what to do with this one. And I already made a tribute for the 1983 IMSA Zakspeed Roush on the Group B. I thought the design fits pretty well
5CED7464-C9B1-4908-920A-2C8038C42854.jpeg

Last edited:
4 days to go. Wake up guys :gtpflag:
I tried getting something done and was coming along very nicely, but then finals hit me and had to go panic mode for the rest of the weekend.

I'm sorry guys, I promise I'll finish this design and post it in the livery thread, as well as getting an entry done for the next LEC! :gtpflag:

Should I reveal what my idea was now that I don't have time to execute it?

As the theme proponent, color me curious =)
Some of the entries have turned to some racing series to make their liveries, but in my opinion there's one missing that has the "cleanest" designs (just one main sponsor per truck + mandatory decals) and that's the Stadium Super Trucks.

My idea was to start with some of the designs you can see racing in the series, and combine their elements to make for an entry I was proud of. Here are some examples for the yet undecided contestants:
66A38FDE-57E7-445D-A490-FFA6E37825B1.png

Toyo_SST.jpg

4589ae084aeb526e15b627c7431fe792.jpg

Some of the entries have turned to some racing series to make their liveries, but in my opinion there's one missing that has the "cleanest" designs (just one main sponsor per truck + mandatory decals) and that's the Stadium Super Trucks.
I was thinking along the same lines, but been flat out making liveries for an AMG teams race we've got coming up, and for a friend's manufacturers campaign season. How much longer have we got for this?

Very nice, however, seeing it's french taht livery is probably put on some dull car like a twingo ans kango and such haha.

If i'd seen the theme sooner, i'd participated, i think i have something.

Last edited:
I would have been too embarrassed to enter a week late if I hadn’t seen your message, cheers @Raphaele , and sorry everyone else :embarrassed:.

I was looking up Krisduv’s IMSA Mustang, love those 80’s IMSA/GR5/Silhouette style cars, and I came across Lyn St. James’ less fabulous Mustang, but I liked the 80’s colours (including obligatory pink for the lady drivers ;). So here’s my tribute, an imagined throwback livery with Lyn continuing to set ‘oldest rookie’ records this time in Nitro Rallycross.

I wondered what a feminine livery on a big butch truck would look like, and unsurprisingly the answer is like the vehicular equivalent of a steroid-pumped Soviet female shot-putter... not that there’s anything wrong with steroid pumped Soviet females.

I have to say, the 2011 F150 is not exactly a thing of beauty in the first place, and it has a really annoying habit of going ‘out of depth’ in the race renderer; e.g. the stripes on the rails of the ‘rear wing’ (truck bed) disappear, and there’s tearing under the front, I’ve tried to fix it but it still happens, but not in the scapes/editor renderer grrr (shakes virtual fist at PD) :grumpy:

Oh, and I was going to make this ‘a little dirty Secret’, but honestly that pun probably doesn’t justify the effort (which won’t stop me :))

Last edited:
Back