• 48 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
MANUFACTURERS TEAM

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we're creating a team of two cars. Last winner @Adam Barber set this theme, here are the details :

"The idea was to do something along the lines of FIA Manufacturer series liveries with matching liveries or identifiable as the same team. on a pair of Gr3&4 cars from the same manufacturer. Number board 2 & Michelin Super sport tyre sticker/decals aswell as that's what's used in the FIA championships."

CARS :

• One car from Gr.3 and one car from Gr.4.
  • The two cars must be from the same manufacturer.

LIVERIES :
- Original designs only.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
  • Sport Mode compatibility is mandatory.
  • You must use the numberboard n°2
  • You must use Michelin Super Sport tyre
  • Both cars must be identified as the same team.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Up to two Bonus Pictures allowed.

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

• Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
  • Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

• All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the 4 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

• It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

• You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
  • You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

If it's your first entry or if you struggle with the picture settings, have a look at the tutorials below :
WHITE SANDS 1

WHITE SANDS 9

SHIRETOKO 3

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:
EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
  • Saturation: 0
  • Brightness: 500
  • Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
  • Saturation: 125
  • Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE :

October 17, 2021 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Last edited:
2 cars!!:scared:

I’m reading this as any team, cars same manufacturer. Do you want the manufacturer represented prominently, and how ’original’ does the team livery have to be? Imaginary team, liveries redolent of an existing team, or new livery for an existing team/sponsor?

2 cars!!:scared:

I’m reading this as any team, cars same manufacturer. Do you want the manufacturer represented prominently, and how ’original’ does the team livery have to be? Imaginary team, liveries redolent of an existing team, or new livery for an existing team/sponsor?
Same manufacturer and you can go as original as you like with the design or base it of an existing team if you want.

Sounds like a sweet theme! I like this one - I've done loads like this already, can we use a livery we've made previously if we've not submitted it for an LEC? (Ie. can we use one not specifically made for this LEC?)

If it's not been submitted for a LEC then yes
Relaxed Island Life GIF by Sentosa

I'm slightly burned out this week from a few factors.
I made a Kato helmet for @RacingGrandpa and his subsequent entry will be 🔥
That led to me trying some Modern Updated versions.
My favourite being the Modern Moto GP Red Bull version.

So my entry is a Honda NSX based on that.
Consider this then a placeholder until I get time to do the Gr4 version properly.
Thanks

The Pioneer Ford Racing Team presents their #85 PRO-AM and #27 AM entries to the 2021 Manufacturers Championships in the form of a Mustang GT3 and Mustang GT4. Pioneer aims to build some recognition of their branding, including their rekordbox DJ software. Partnered with Motorcraft and Roush, this team means business and aims to take on the Intercontinental GT4 series and Fanatec World Series head on with one aim only: the title.

I would normally run these with the Fanatec WS and IGT4 number boards, but these have been replaced with the GT Sport #2 boards for the LEC. These are two of my favourite original liveries I've created and there's a pair of inverted versions (red over white) which go alongside these two. The originals can be found in my livery thread.

FINAL ENTRY
Hollister Aston Martin Racing

LINKS:

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
Hollister Aston Martin Racing

LINKS:
For this competition, as these would represent my own manufacturers lineup, I wanted to go with sponsors that are closer to me. I decided to go with Hollister as I recently got gifted some clothes made by the brand, and I thought their design philosophy would fit a race car pretty well.

Fades with bright colors, contrasts with dark tones, and prominence of their logos in clothes are what's included in these two cars, and it's what makes them stand out among the rest of the competition in the FIA Manufacturer Series!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

I originally set these up to be IMSA and Michelin Pilot Challenge liveries. (Because I didn't read the rules properly)
That's why there are IMSA requirement decals on them.
The original livery for the Gr3 is shared and the LEC entry Gr4 is shared.
Liveries are almost identical.
Gr3 has GTLM decals and bright red flashing on the front/mirrors/wing.
Gr4 has Matte Red mirrors and wing, with a change of MOTUL decals on the rear to suit the car better.

I'm not quite sure how but the GR3 livery took every single one of the 300 layers on the main body. I guess 220ish individual triangles might have helped. :D

I did these liveries based on the company I work for. I showed a guy at work and he said I need help. LOL

Last edited:

Great job, indeed. To bring it to perfection, you might want to have a look at the OP:

• All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
Good luck!
Oops

It's been a while since I entered a LEC; over 3 years as it turns out! Like the idea of this theme, so might as well give it a bash.

Anyway, here's my Team Mugen NSX entries. These initially started out as evolutions of an existing livery, for a new season of FIA a while back (before I retired from sport mode altogether). The NSX has a nice form to work with, so I tried using those body lines to my advantage as best I could, in conjunction with the Mugen colours. At the same time I was conscious of not making it overly complex for my own good, as I've never been great at making something truly original :lol:.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back